Author Topic: Popular Restaurant Chain Offering To Fund Planned Parenthood With Portion Of Every Sale  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Popular Restaurant Chain Offering To Fund Planned Parenthood With Portion Of Every Sale

Posted at 4:00 pm on January 25, 2017 by Susan Wright

Ok. I’m really upset over this.
Chili’s is one of my favorite restaurants, but I may need to seriously rethink my dining options.
Chili’s restaurants in two states have apparently joined with Planned Parenthood to raise funds for the infanticide mill.

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/01/25/popular-restaurant-chain-offering-fund-planned-parenthood-portion-every-sale/

Never been to Chili’s and won’t now.  I guess a business is free to do that but they  ought to know that they will loose business.

I don’t care as long as I am not paying for abortions.  Good Trump list.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

geronl

added to my list along with Carls Jr, Weinersnitzel and some others

Offline Applewood

Good way to lose business. 

Boycotting Chili's will be easy for me.  I don't like most chain restaurants anyway.  Give me a Mom and Pop operation any day.  Most have good, homemade food at reasonable prices.  What not to like? 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Good way to lose business. 

Boycotting Chili's will be easy for me.  I don't like most chain restaurants anyway.  Give me a Mom and Pop operation any day.  Most have good, homemade food at reasonable prices.  What not to like?

If I'm in a town I don't know, I usually go into one of the charity shops. Pick up a book (there is always something I want to read) and ask the ladies there where I should eat. Never had a bad meal, doing that. Been sent to a small chain restaurant once (and bloody hell, she was totally right about it!) and lots of local cafes and independant pubs.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

We haven't eaten at our local Chili's in a long time because of the terrible service and food that leaves my stomach a bit queasy.  I will have absolutely no problem BOYCOTTING this restaurant! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

Well I'm done with Chili's.. If you have twitter and want to complain, here is their twitter handle: @Chilis
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:06:37 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Headline is over blown.

Chili's runs some sort of voucher that you can redeem to a charity. Planned Parenthood is one of the "Charities".

Maybe you don't agree with it but they did not go out of their way to "fund PP".

Offline libertybele

Headline is over blown.

Chili's runs some sort of voucher that you can redeem to a charity. Planned Parenthood is one of the "Charities".

Maybe you don't agree with it but they did not go out of their way to "fund PP".

Headline is overblown?  Not at all; it clearly states a "portion" will go to PP.  From the article:

So according to the voucher, if you take this voucher to a Chili’s restaurant in one of the listed locations, 15% of the cost of your order would go to fund Planned Parenthood.

No way do I want a penny gong to PP.  Again, I will gladly and without hesitation boycott this restaurant!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

I'd boycott the place , however I do not eat there... their food is suck.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Headline is overblown?  Not at all; it clearly states a "portion" will go to PP.  From the article:

So according to the voucher, if you take this voucher to a Chili’s restaurant in one of the listed locations, 15% of the cost of your order would go to fund Planned Parenthood.

No way do I want a penny gong to PP.  Again, I will gladly and without hesitation boycott this restaurant!

If you don't want your money going to PP, don't take in the voucher maybe?

Sheesh!

Chili's is trying to straddle the fence politically with this and I think it's a good solution.

Offline Fantom

Chili's is trying to straddle the fence politically with this and I think it's a good solution.

Revelation 3:16
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

Sheesh!

Any way you cut it they are still collecting monies for Planned Parenthood.  Somehow I just don't see collecting monies for an organization that profits from selling fetal tissue as 'charitable'.  :shrug:

Offline Hurricane Andrew

Sheesh!

Agreed.  Pretty much every chain restaurant runs these type of promotions with local non-profits.  Whether it's ROTC, the local high school football team, Boy Scouts, or whoever, they generally don't discriminate and take all comers who qualify as a not-for-profit.  As long as they don't refuse to do the same for a pro-life organization, then it's really no big deal.
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Offline libertybele

Agreed.  Pretty much every chain restaurant runs these type of promotions with local non-profits.  Whether it's ROTC, the local high school football team, Boy Scouts, or whoever, they generally don't discriminate and take all comers who qualify as a not-for-profit.  As long as they don't refuse to do the same for a pro-life organization, then it's really no big deal.

There are a lot of corporations, companies, restaurants, etc., that donate to Planned Parenthood and the majority of people that purchase goods or frequent establishment have no idea that they are donating to PP as not all of these entities make it known to their consumers/patrons that a portion of their proceeds are going to Planned Parenthood.  Since Chili's is making it publicly known, I will boycott their restaurant.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:17:33 pm by libertybele »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Headline is over blown.

The sounds about right.   Chili's voucher program includes PP as one of a number of causes,  and it is up to the individual diner whether or not to redeem the voucher, and in favor or what cause.   So no patron who's pro-life would be supporting PP by dining at Chili's.   I assume that other "charities" in the Chili's program would be acceptable,  or you can choose not to redeem the voucher at all.   

What do folks think about those who boycott Chick-Fil-A because the owners donate money to pro-life causes?   A lot of companies donate money to charities - at least this program appears to give diners some say in where that money is to be going.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline beandog

Any way you cut it they are still collecting monies for Planned Parenthood.  Somehow I just don't see collecting monies for an organization that profits from selling fetal tissue as 'charitable'.  :shrug:
I agree with you.  I would not eat at a restaurant that any shape or form gives a portion of their money to PP and that is exactly what they are doing.  The 15% that they give is their money, not the patrons.  I will have to tell my mother about this because this is one of the places she eats.  Don't think she'd like it either. :patriot:

Offline skeeter

I'd like to know who the marketing genius was who thought associating in any way an organization who sells fetal tissue with one who sells dinner was a good idea.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

There are a lot of corporations, companies, restaurants, etc., that donate to Planned Parenthood and the majority of people that purchase goods or frequent establishment have no idea that they are donating to PP as not all of these entities make it known to their consumers/patrons that a portion of their proceeds are going to Planned Parenthood.  Since Chili's is making it publicly known, I will boycott their restaurant.
Not at all.  What I'm saying is that any chain restaurant, if approached by a qualified non-profit, will work with them on a promotion such as this.  It generates funds for the non-profit as well as in theory boosts sales at the restaurant:  a win-win.  Folks are making a big deal out of nothing.  As someone stated earlier, just don't bring the flyer in.  Geeze...

Online LMAO

And this is how this should be. Why is Planned Parenthood, a private organization, getting federal money? If one does not want their money to go to Planned Parenthood, then don't take the voucher and or don't go to Chili's. It's called the market.  Planned Parenthood should have to compete in the marketplace for charities and donations just like every other private organization does. Maybe liberals really don't have that much faith in Planned Parenthood and don't think it can survive without federal funds
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hurricane Andrew

I agree with you.  I would not eat at a restaurant that any shape or form gives a portion of their money to PP and that is exactly what they are doing.  The 15% that they give is their money, not the patrons.  I will have to tell my mother about this because this is one of the places she eats.  Don't think she'd like it either. :patriot:
No, actually it IS the patrons money.  If the patron doesn't want money to go to PP, they don't bring in a flyer.  If they bring it in and spend money, they are doing with the explicit expressed intent of donating.  If I go there the same night and eat without a flyer, nothing goes to PP.  Restaurants are picky about this too.  We had a fundraiser at a local restaurant for the ROTC, and they did not allow the flyers to be distributed inside the restaurant.  Only people who brought in the flyer from outside were allowed to use it.  They do this because they want the increased traffic from people going there expressly for the charity, not just the random patron who happens to be there.  One other group was caught passing out the flyers inside and were forbidden from holding any more fundraisers at the restaurant.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I like to support mom and pop places more than chains anyway, when it comes to food.

I love diners.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
And this is how this should be. Why is Planned Parenthood, a private organization, getting federal money? If one does not want their money to go to Planned Parenthood, then don't take the voucher and or don't go to Chili's. It's called the market.  Planned Parenthood should have to compete in the marketplace for charities and donations just like every other private organization does. Maybe liberals really don't have that much faith in Planned Parenthood and don't think it can survive without federal funds

@LMAO
And people talking to each other about what Chili's is doing is also the market in action.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And Chili's is a chain that started in Texas. My how they have fallen into the blue state abyss.

http://www.brinker.com/company/ourstory.asp

Used to eat at Chili's when they were young in the '70s, but haven't in years.

Parent company Brinkers also runs Maggiano's which is one of the wife's favorites for Italian.

It won't be after she reads this.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I love your avatar @Freya
Seeing it was a bright spot in my morning.  :)

Thank you @Unlimited

I like song birds. If it wasn't raining I might see some today.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️