Author Topic: Trump Orders EPA To Take Down Global Warming Page  (Read 1747 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump Orders EPA To Take Down Global Warming Page
« on: January 25, 2017, 11:22:30 pm »
daily caller

Andrew Follett
Energy and Science Reporter
10:34 AM 01/25/2017

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/25/trump-orders-epa-to-take-down-global-warming-web-page/

Luvin it.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Wingnut

Re: Trump Orders EPA To Take Down Global Warming Page
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:09:14 am »
More crickets?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:11:47 am »
It's only a few days in but so far he is batting 1.000 in my book!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:19:32 am »
It's only a few days in but so far he is batting 1.000 in my book!

I wish more NT's could at least bring themselves to admit it publicly when he does something "right".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 04:17:57 am »
I wish more NT's could at least bring themselves to admit it publicly when he does something "right".
Sorry. If he gets something right he will get credit for it.

One of the great fallacies is that we never agreed with any of his proposals.

Nope, that isn't the case, although there were a couple I really didn't like. What we really didn't agree on was that he would actually do the right things, without running roughshod over the Constitution.

There is much that looks good on the face of it, but the Devil is in the details. Like the 'renegotiating' the DAPL to put more American made stuff in it (over 90% of the line is in place.) So, I remain cautious, and won't go running wild in the streets celebrating things which sound good on twitter but lose that when the fine print is gone through.

That said, It looks like he is making a good start.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:08:01 am »
I'm not as passionate about the whole AGW thing as most - simply don't care - but it is a gesture towards one of his promises. It's not reigning in the EPA (the measures he has taken so far to do that I have applauded) and stopping the academic scammy-go-round. It's nixing a web page.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 02:32:17 pm »
I'm not as passionate about the whole AGW thing as most - simply don't care - but it is a gesture towards one of his promises. It's not reigning in the EPA (the measures he has taken so far to do that I have applauded) and stopping the academic scammy-go-round. It's nixing a web page.
Had AGW not been used to justify legions of regulators following volumes of regulations to selectively damage  American Industry and our economy I might not care so much. I can't think of anything so damaging to the overall credibility of science since Piltdown Man or Lysenkoism (which was as much politics as pseudoscience).

I agree, though, taking down a web page where the EPA references their claims (giving access to at least the abstracts, if not some data or interpretations) would undermine the ability to fight those claims, while effectively doing nothing to stop the agency. The web page is a symptom, not the malady.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:34:03 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 02:38:21 pm »

Taking down a website without doing a thing to remove the underlying regulations?  That's not doing the right thing, that's playing political Noh theater.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »
What will we do without our government propaganda???
Countdown to Resignation

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 02:45:13 pm »
I'm not as passionate about the whole AGW thing as most - simply don't care
If I was to tell you that up to 25% of the cost of your power you pay is directed toward AGW issues, would that change your mind?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 02:48:40 pm »

That said, It looks like he is making a good start.

Well, now that wasn't so hard now was it.   :smokin:   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 03:00:13 pm »
Well, now that wasn't so hard now was it.   :smokin:   :laugh:
Yeah, he got the evil webpage. Now he needs to do something about the policies and regulations that that web page is a symptom of, and the policies and regulations which are allegedly justified by that which have been destroying American Industry.
Otherwise, it is an aspirin for a broken leg and calling it cured.
I have always been a 'substance over symbolism' guy, and taking down the page is just removing the sign, not the operation.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 03:05:12 pm »
Yeah, he got the evil webpage. Now he needs to do something about the policies and regulations that that web page is a symptom of, and the policies and regulations which are allegedly justified by that which have been destroying American Industry.
I have always been a 'substance over symbolism' guy, and taking down the page is just removing the sign, not the operation.

Damn your spring is wound tight this morn.  Have another cup of Joe....Joe!

:laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 03:07:05 pm »

I'm hoping he is just waiting on the confirmation of his guy before he starts a wholesale clean up of that mess!   888bravo
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 03:08:48 pm »
Damn your spring is wound tight this morn.  Have another cup of Joe....Joe!

:laugh:
I'm knocking back dark Sumatra, strongly brewed, by the mug full now. (Great, robust, low acid coffee.)

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:40 pm »
I'm hoping he is just waiting on the confirmation of his guy before he starts a wholesale clean up of that mess!   888bravo
Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing that agency cleaned out, the ridiculous rules overturned, and the desks auctioned off as surplus.

I'm not holding my breath, but if it happens it will be a great thing.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 03:17:38 pm »
If I was to tell you that up to 25% of the cost of your power you pay is directed toward AGW issues, would that change your mind?

Not really. If not alternative energy, they'd be wasting it on something else. Prices never go down.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 06:29:00 pm »
Not really. If not alternative energy, they'd be wasting it on something else. Prices never go down.
Prices never go down?

Well, not quite.  see for example https://www.energy.gov/articles/how-much-do-you-spend

A lot of the component of energy costs over time has to do with the increased taxes, increased environmental costs, and the usage of other than the cheapest energy available ( read renewables).

If we stopped the idiocy of spending money on energy that is clearly not economic without subsidies, there is little doubt prices would go down.

Are you also aware that, in spite of uneconomic mandates to spike ethanol into the gasoline, you are paying less at the gasoline pump now than you were paying a few years ago?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 09:21:44 pm »
Prices never go down?

Well, not quite.  see for example https://www.energy.gov/articles/how-much-do-you-spend

A lot of the component of energy costs over time has to do with the increased taxes, increased environmental costs, and the usage of other than the cheapest energy available ( read renewables).

If we stopped the idiocy of spending money on energy that is clearly not economic without subsidies, there is little doubt prices would go down.

Are you also aware that, in spite of uneconomic mandates to spike ethanol into the gasoline, you are paying less at the gasoline pump now than you were paying a few years ago?

No, I'm not. Different country. I am paying roughly 4 times what you pay at the pump for my personal vehicle - and the price ain't going down. On the plus side - no ethanol.

Work vehicle - I'm glad I don't get billed - she takes 3.4 tons per sortie.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 01:02:48 am »
No, I'm not. Different country. I am paying roughly 4 times what you pay at the pump for my personal vehicle - and the price ain't going down. On the plus side - no ethanol.

Work vehicle - I'm glad I don't get billed - she takes 3.4 tons per sortie.
OK, I was not in your world when I made the comment.  Good luck in the future.