Author Topic: Male, Female Infantry Marines Will Have To Share The Same Tents  (Read 1178 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: DAILY CALLER

URL: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/25/male-female-infantry-marines-will-have-to-share-the-same-tents/

Jonah Bennett

Female Marines joining the infantry will have to share tents with their male counterparts while out in the field.

According to the Marine Corps, no gender accommodations will be made out in the field for female infantry Marines, as that could break unit cohesion, Marine Corps Times reports.

“We’re not changing any of our tactical posture or breaking unit cohesion or adjusting anything to accommodate mixed genders while we’re operating in a field environment replicating tactical conditions,” Maj. Charles Anklam III, executive officer of 1st Battalion, 8th Marines, said.

There are currently three female infantry Marines in the battalion as of Jan. 5. Their specializations are rifleman, machine gun and mortar. The identities of the women remain unknown, so they can easily acclimatize to their unit without extra public attention.

In a Jan. 20 interview with Marine Corps Times, Anklam said females will not be given any kind of separate quarters or special accommodations while out in the field, but when back at the barracks, it’s a different story.

The women will all have their own rooms with separate showers and bathrooms.

Former Secretary of Defense Ash Carter opened all combat roles up to women in December 2015, and now these are the first females in the Marine Corps who have finally managed to join the infantry.

While it seems as though President Donald Trump will allow women to serve in the military based on an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo in August 2015, he also said he would get the military’s opinion on the matter.

In a tweet from May 2013, Trump delivered remarks that threw some amount of doubt on the idea that men and women should serve together: “26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

He later clarified to NBC he still believes in the comment, but doesn’t necessarily want to remove women from the military.

“But something has to happen,” Trump said. “Right now, part of the problem is nobody gets prosecuted. You have reported … you have the report of rape and nobody gets prosecuted.”

Offline mirraflake

Re: Male, Female Infantry Marines Will Have To Share The Same Tents
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 08:01:17 pm »
No more need to do it yourself

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 08:05:34 pm »

There goes the free enterprise system.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:07:19 pm »
There is a reason condoms are always sold out at the commissary. A port in every storm.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:31 pm »
In a tweet from May 2013, Trump delivered remarks that threw some amount of doubt on the idea that men and women should serve together: “26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

Putting men and women together might have less to do with sexual assaults in the military than repeal of don't ask don't tell.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 08:24:10 pm »
Men and women have been sharing the same Army barracks for over a decade.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 08:26:08 pm »
I remember sharing a tent with about 20 people during Air Force survival school.    We were ordered to undress before getting into our sleeping bags.

The female Tech Sgt staring made me very uncomfortable.  I needed a safe space.  /s
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:27 pm »
If this crap doesn't get reversed in at least the Marine Corps, I'm going to be very disappointed in both Trump and Mattis.  They still have the study showing that gender-integrated combat units perform worse, and there's also the elimination of the pull-up requirement for men as a consequence of Mabus' ridiculous orders on gender integration.

If Trump and Mattis ignore that data....I'll seriously question my vote.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:50 pm »
I remember sharing a tent with about 20 people during Air Force survival school.    We were ordered to undress before getting into our sleeping bags.

The female Tech Sgt staring made me very uncomfortable.  I needed a safe space.  /s

Did you pitch your own tent?  or Bug Out!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:22:57 pm »

@Wingnut
No, she was scary.  Besides we were allowed to lay down for a total of about 3 hours over a 4 day period.   Most of us were too wired to sleep, until it was time to get up.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 11:00:27 pm »

The female Tech Sgt was later heard to say "It looked like a penis...only smaller!"

Sorry. Saw the shot and took it ;)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 12:59:57 am »
They still have the study showing that gender-integrated combat units perform worse
That's what really bothers me about females in the infantry. Good grief. We may lose the war, but at least we were PC. Meanwhile, half the females in the unit will be pregnant at any given time.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:53 am »
That's what really bothers me about females in the infantry. Good grief. We may lose the war, but at least we were PC. Meanwhile, half the females in the unit will be pregnant at any given time.  :thud:

And the other half will all cycle up together.   Can you imagine sick call at 5am?