Author Topic: Trump threatens to 'send in the Feds' to Chicago  (Read 1081 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump threatens to 'send in the Feds' to Chicago
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:48:35 pm »

Trump threatens to 'send in the Feds' to Chicago

By Cristiano Lima

01/24/17 09:47 PM EST

Updated 01/24/17 10:43 PM EST

President Donald Trump tweeted Tuesday that he would dispatch federal authorities to Chicago if they don't address violence in the city, which he described as "horrible 'carnage.'"

"If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!" the president tweeted.

It was not clear whether he meant federal law-enforcement authorities or federal troops.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-chicago-carnage-234145
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump threatens to 'send in the Feds' to Chicago
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:51:56 pm »
If I'm wrong on this, someone correct me but doesn't the governor of the state have to request federal help, first?

I get the Chicago has become a war zone but what's the precedent for this?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 02:30:22 pm »
Not always.

It's usually the case that the governor requests help, but presidents do have the right (and duty) to declare somewhere a Fed disaster area without waiting to be asked if necessary.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 02:37:08 pm »
If we do it to/for Chicago why not Detroit, Baltimore, DC, LA, St Louis etc etc etc.

The feds need to stay in their own lane and deal with the federal crimes already on the books (And there are too many of those as it is)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »
If I'm wrong on this, someone correct me but doesn't the governor of the state have to request federal help, first?

I get the Chicago has become a war zone but what's the precedent for this?

Not if he follows the lead of his predecessor...which is what it sounds like he's threatening.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »
Not if he follows the lead of his predecessor...which is what it sounds like he's threatening.

I'm not even sure a state or city should ask for help like this.outside of dealing with federal crimes taking place there. They really need to deal with their own problems in their own homes and in their own city government.

Just a couple years back an ICE agent shot and killed a guy in Detroit. It was a good shoot but it was ironic that the local agitators complained about the lack of accountability from the feds. I saw it as a teachable moment.

Any time you cede authority to the feds over anything, accountability becomes an ever more remote island.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 03:22:37 pm »
I'm not even sure a state or city should ask for help like this.outside of dealing with federal crimes taking place there. They really need to deal with their own problems in their own homes and in their own city government.

Just a couple years back an ICE agent shot and killed a guy in Detroit. It was a good shoot but it was ironic that the local agitators complained about the lack of accountability from the feds. I saw it as a teachable moment.

Any time you cede authority to the feds over anything, accountability becomes an ever more remote island.

I don't think they should either.  But that didn't stop Obama from sending in the DoJ and the Feds to Ferguson...Baltimore and a couple of other places.

Seems Trump is ready follow Barry's lead and do the same thing in Chicago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »

It's a slippery slope, suspension of the writ of habeas corpus, ring a bell?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 03:36:54 pm »

It's a slippery slope, suspension of the writ of habeas corpus, ring a bell?

But he is from the governmet and he is here to help. The Constitution should be a living, breathing document that changes to the needs of the time. Plus, he has a pen and a phone.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 03:37:39 pm »

Who speaks Trumpese, who the hell knows what he means? I don't even think he does. I'm sure the FBI has a field office in Chicago already. So what is he talking about? Violating posse comitatus?

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/chicago

Just from searching Google, the feds are already in Chicago.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 03:43:28 pm »

Who speaks Trumpese, who the hell knows what he means? I don't even think he does. I'm sure the FBI has a field office in Chicago already. So what is he talking about? Violating posse comitatus?

I interpreted it as he was going to send in the DoJ the same way Loretta Lynch sicked them on individual cities.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 03:49:53 pm »

So true, @Weird Tolkienish Figure the FBI has a long, sordid history of infiltrating gangs of every stripe, this should be a cake walk, if they so decided to do it. 
   Pull an Al Capone on them and lock them up for tax invasion and welfare fraud.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.