Author Topic: #CalExit: Poll shows 1 in 3 Californians back secession from U.S.  (Read 740 times)

rangerrebew

#CalExit: Poll shows 1 in 3 Californians back secession from U.S.

By Brett Wilkins     11 hours ago in Politics
San Francisco - Nearly one in three Californians are in favor of their state seceding from the United States, according to a newly-released Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Reuters/Ipsos surveyed 500 Californians and found 32 percent of respondents in the nation's most populous — and arguably most important — state support a peaceful withdrawal from the United States. The election and inauguration of President Donald Trump is largely responsible for the surge in separatist sentiment in the Golden State, where Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton received nearly twice as many votes as Trump. The Sacramento Bee reports as many as 1.2 million Californians are estimated to have participated in anti-Trump protests last weekend.

"There's such hostility towards Trump that many citizens believe it would be smarter to leave than fight," Steve Maviglio, a Democratic strategist who ran a campaign against a failed 2014 ballot proposal to break California into six states, told Reuters.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/politics/calexit-poll-shows-1-in-3-californians-back-secession-from-usa/article/484349#ixzz4Wm6IhYYy

Offline skeeter

Re: #CalExit: Poll shows 1 in 3 Californians back secession from U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:13:55 pm »
I sure wish that 1 in 3 would seceed their individual ass somewhere else.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 01:22:11 pm »
Same poll shows 4 in 5 of the rest of America back California buggering off too.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:09:13 pm »
Same poll shows 4 in 5 of the rest of America back California buggering off too.
Well now that can't be true, there is a whole section of the east coast, a fair part of Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington and Oregon that share the same illness as this supposed thirty percent of Californians. Lord knows I never read of any liberal stupidity in schools, Universities and local governments happening in any other states..............Oh, wait. :shrug:

geronl

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 07:43:43 pm »
Let them go, as a country it'd be bankrupt immediately