Author Topic: U.S. immigration services: Yes, we’re still issuing new work permits to DREAMers under Obama’s executive amnesty  (Read 861 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Allahpundit
Jan. 24, 2017

Excerpt:

Mark Krikorian and I made the same point yesterday: Trump doesn’t have to “cancel” or “rescind” any of Obama’s executive orders on amnesty to start keeping his promises. All he needs to do is tell USCIS not to issue any new permits to DREAMers. Remember, under the program, work permits issued to illegals expire automatically after two years. That means hundreds of DREAMers each day will lose their legal status without Trump having to do anything — and that, notes Krikorian, is important as a pressure tactic on Senate Democrats. If there’s going to be a deal in Congress to legalize DREAMers, having DREAMers suddenly at risk of deportation is a nice bit of leverage on Chuck Schumer. So long as USCIS is issuing new permits or renewing existing ones, though, that leverage is gone. So why doesn’t Trump do something about it?

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/01/24/u-s-immigration-services-yes-were-still-issuing-new-work-permits-to-dreamers-under-obamas-executive-amnesty/

I'll note that Allahpundit has not been a FOD(Friend Of Donald). Regardless of any slant, this is interesting.

geronl

he should rescind executive amnesty immediately

Offline skeeter

Yeah, this is a big one.

Trump'd best deliver, as it was probably the single most popular issue at his rallies running up to the election.

Offline Idiot

he should rescind executive amnesty immediately
@geronl would that make you like him?  :smokin:

geronl

@geronl
You remind me of my brother and his wife.  They are always looking for the perfect church, which is impossible since you are dealing with imperfect people

I don't think there is a perfect church, but as churches go Trump is a orgy with children.