Author Topic: 47.9%: Obama Had Lower Average Approval Rating Than Nixon or Bush  (Read 739 times)

rangerrebew

47.9%: Obama Had Lower Average Approval Rating Than Nixon or Bush

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama had an average approval rating of 47.9 percent during his time in office, according to the Gallup pol [1]l.

That puts him behind Richard Nixon, who resigned, and George W. Bush, who saw his approval rating drop as low as 25 percent near the end of his term.

It puts him ahead of only Gerald Ford (47.2 percent), Jimmy Carter (45.5 percent) and Harry Truman (45.4 percent).

Gallup, in an analysis released Friday [1], published the average approval rating for all twelve presidents who have served since World War II.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/479-obama-had-lower-average-approval-rating-nixon-or-bush

Offline dfwgator

Re: 47.9%: Obama Had Lower Average Approval Rating Than Nixon or Bush
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »
The only thing that surprises me is that his numbers were higher than Carter.  While the Carter years were awful, Obama was an even worse POTUS.  Quite the feat!

Obama was actually quite lucky in that the economy was ok, in spite of him.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:13:48 pm »
Not surprising.

Nixon was widely popular until Watergate broke. Remember, he steamrolled McGovern in his re-election bid. Meanwhile, George W.'s poor second-term numbers were offset by the huge approval ratings he had in his first term (9/11).

Obama, on the other hand, was the most polarizing president to date. You either worshipped him or you hated him. He squandered the good will he had at the start of his first term and could never re-earn that trust because he was constantly fighting against the Republicans that the people sent to Congress in 2010 (and who arguably helped restore the economy he had a hand in wrecking).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 06:17:21 pm »
Obama was actually quite lucky in that the economy was ok, in spite of him.

And the fact that the rest of the world was in worse shape, both economically and fiscally
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 06:23:07 pm »
Not surprising, but this news will never get out to the Obama cult.

Too bad he's above Jimmy Carter, though.  I would have loved him to be at the very bottom.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.