Author Topic: ******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******  (Read 2660 times)

publana

******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:03:23 pm »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:12:59 am by Rikki Tikki Tavi »

Offline skeeter

For your morning laugh...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachellebergstein/2017/01/20/melania-trump-is-fashionable-but-not-a-fashion-icon/#6f81b53875ab

I'm sorry, but Michelle Obama is not a fashion icon.  Far from it, in fact.  The woman didn't have two clues to rub together about fashion.  Barbara Bush dressed better than Moochelle.  Are these people insane?

Its time we realize we share the country with a great number of people who are certifiably nuts.

Offline Frank Cannon

For your morning laugh...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachellebergstein/2017/01/20/melania-trump-is-fashionable-but-not-a-fashion-icon/#6f81b53875ab

I'm sorry, but Michelle Obama is not a fashion icon.  Far from it, in fact.  The woman didn't have two clues to rub together about fashion.  Barbara Bush dressed better than Moochelle.  Are these people insane?

The only people calling the Mooch a fashion icon were the NYC centric fashion mags. People on the street didn't think she was and I don;t see any of her stupid outfits being replicated for the masses. No one wants to look like her.

Wingnut

That Boob Belt wearing frump was a fashion icon?   Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've never seen anyone ever, wearing a boob-belt except Michelle. If she ever was a fashion icon, which I doubt, she was not very good at it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

I've never seen anyone ever, wearing a boob-belt except Michelle. If she ever was a fashion icon, which I doubt, she was not very good at it.

Down here some of the "pudgier" gals seem to gravitate towards that look. 

Offline LadyLiberty

Ah, yes, Michelle the fashion icon.

Offline chae

Well, I don't know that I'd consider myself a "fashionista" but whoever it was that was in charge of Michelle's clothing coices should be shot, peed on and then shot again.  He clothes were atrocious and totally the wrong choices for her body type. 
I'm not going to bust on her for what she wore taking the dog for a walk, God knows I've worn pajamas in public before but she really didn't know how to dress and anyone who says she did,  well, I'm reminded of a quote from a favorite book of mine " You are a pig and anyone who calls you a lady does so only to mock you!"

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
There is no disputing the fact Michelle was a big thing in the fashion world, or any other for that matter.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Millee

I just can't get over the media's idolatry of these people.   **nononono*

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How can one be a fashion icon with a body structure that could plug the hole at the line better than most linebackers?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Pretty catty article IMO.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That Boob Belt wearing frump was a fashion icon?   Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

ROFL!   :silly:

Silver Pines

Fashion icon:

Offline goodwithagun

Whoever was in charge of her makeover did a pretty good job. The surgeries were subtle and having her weight train was a key; however, early on they tried clothing and wigs that were too edgy and too youthful for her. I actually wonder if they were so to draw attention away from her evolving facial features and skin tone. By the end of her reign I think they finally nailed her look. The shiny silver dress, though, makes her look like the Chrysler Building (The Producers, anybody?).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:02:10 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

Whoever was in charge of her makeover did a pretty good job. The surgeries were subtle and having her weight train was a key; however, early on they tried clothing and wigs that were too edgy and too youthful for her. I actually wonder if they were so to draw attention away from her evolving facial features and skin tone. By the end of her reign I think they finally nailed her look. The shiny silver dress, though, makes her look like the Chrysler Building (The Producers, anybody?).

@goodwithagun

That's interesting.  You might be right about that.  Otherwise how could it take eight years for professionals to figure out what to do with her?

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun

That's interesting.  You might be right about that.  Otherwise how could it take eight years for professionals to figure out what to do with her?

Google michelle Obama before and after and have a look see. The changes are subtle but there. The boob belts and $600 gardening shoes were a distraction.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DB

Hollywood's best gave her a major makeover for nearly 8 years. They did their best to promote the Obama's for general consumption to aid Hollywood's agenda.

Silver Pines

Google michelle Obama before and after and have a look see. The changes are subtle but there. The boob belts and $600 gardening shoes were a distraction.

Holy cow!  She definitely underwent some "procedures." 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I thought she looked great in The Force Awakens.

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Forbes the magazine is still the magazine it has always been and probably suffers from a decline in circulation. It's been around forever.

I've seen Forbes the internet website have quite a left-wing slant.

Looking at the article, I have serious doubts it would be in the magazine; and even if so, it's one little page.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:38:46 am by TomSea »

Offline goodwithagun

Really? Her voice coach sucked! I'm hoping they clean that up for The Last Jedi.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Oooh!  You're going to TOS Heck for that, sure!!

(Thanks for the ping, @CatherineofAragon )
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: