Author Topic: Trump ordered US drone strikes kill three al-Qaida suspects in Yemen, officials say  (Read 1413 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Suspected US drone strikes have killed three alleged al-Qaida operatives in Yemen’s south-western Bayda province, security and tribal officials said, the first such killings reported in the country since Donald Trump assumed the presidency on Friday.

The two strikes on Saturday killed Abu Anis al-Abi, an area field commander, and two others, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release the information to journalists.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/22/us-drone-strikes-al-qaida-yemen-trump?CMP=twt_gu
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Suspected US drone strikes have killed three alleged al-Qaida operatives in Yemen’s south-western Bayda province, security and tribal officials said, the first such killings reported in the country since Donald Trump assumed the presidency on Friday.

The two strikes on Saturday killed Abu Anis al-Abi, an area field commander, and two others, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release the information to journalists.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/22/us-drone-strikes-al-qaida-yemen-trump?CMP=twt_gu
good. Just 1,499,999,997 to go.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I am completely against islam. If there was a way to peacefully convert their masses I would be for that. Some people think they can do that. They are so wrong simply because islam DOESN'T WANT THAT. Those good people need to take a backseat and let the people who know how to handle the problem handle it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Yep.  Trump said his first day of work was going to be Monday - he's just getting warmed up!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HonestJohn

I sure hope he didn't use that nasty 'politicized intelligence' to reach a determination on this.

Why, that'd make him a hypocrite.

But then, if he didn't... how'd he know they were al-Qaida?

-

And who can't wait for Trump's planned across-the-board budget cuts to kick in on this?  Why, so much salivating about it in many circles... without any thought of who *ALL* it might impact.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
His first drone strike, wow.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
His first drone strike, wow.

I know. They grow up so fast these days .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline dfwgator

To borrow loosely from the Late Ron Silver,  "Those are OUR spies now."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I prefer that they say nothing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

I know. They grow up so fast these days .....
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I am completely against islam. If there was a way to peacefully convert their masses I would be for that. Some people think they can do that. They are so wrong simply because islam DOESN'T WANT THAT. Those good people need to take a backseat and let the people who know how to handle the problem handle it.
Yes, there are only two ways to control radical Islam.

1. Get other Muslims to control them.  They know who they are and can use their own methods for eradicating them, including some barbarism we in the West do not use.  The West has too hard a job in identifying them.

2. Use our overwhelming military superiority to blot them out from the face of the earth.  Since this will entail also killing massive amounts of non-combatants, the first way is the way Muslims should be looking at it.

Also, if the more moderate Muslims do not agree to doing 1, above, then they are the same as the radicals and should be considered being handled as 2.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:52:16 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yes, there are only two ways to control radical Islam.

1. Get other Muslims to control them.  They know who they are and can use their own methods for eradicating them, including some barbarism we in the West do not use.  The West has too hard a job in identifying them.

2. Use our overwhelming military superiority to blot them out from the face of the earth.  Since this will entail also killing massive amounts of non-combatants, the first way is the way Muslims should be looking at it.

Also, if the more moderate Muslims do not agree to doing 1, above, then they are the same as the radicals and should be considered being handled as 2.

Like they say. A moderate moslem is one that has run out of ammo.