Author Topic: BREAKING: Reports Coming In Trump Will Announce Move Of US Embassy To Jerusalem From Tel Aviv  (Read 2911 times)

Silver Pines

BREAKING: Reports Coming In Trump Will Announce Move Of US Embassy To Jerusalem From Tel Aviv

By Jay Caruso
January 22, 2017

Seeing multiple sources announcing this. Supposedly, Trump will have a call with Benjamin Netanyahu today and make the official announcement sometime tomorrow.

Read more at:

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2017/01/22/reports-coming-in-trump-will-announce-move-us-embassy-to-jerusalem/

Silver Pines

Shapiro, Deace, and Podhoretz all used the Israel News Feed on twitter.

Let's hope this happens.

geronl

It's been US law since the mid-90's and was never implemented

Silver Pines

It's been US law since the mid-90's and was never implemented

@geronl

I know.  That's why I'm hoping it happens now.  If it does, it's a good thing.

Online corbe

It certainly is another indicator that his WOT words are more than just words.  I question his desire to throw more wood on the fire at this moment, but hey, screw those ragheads.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

It certainly is another indicator that his WOT words are more than just words.  I question his desire to throw more wood on the fire at this moment, but hey, screw those ragheads.

What are they gonna do about it - commit acts of terror?

geronl

To me, this has nothing to do with the WOT

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Not against this move at all, but am puzzled by timing.  I'd think I'd have my cabinet all in place to respond before making announcing moves like this.    But this is a political version of a Clown Car though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

Not against this move at all, but am puzzled by timing.  I'd think I'd have my cabinet all in place to respond before making announcing moves like this.    But this is a political version of a Clown Car though.

It's Trump his cart runneth over his horse often.

Online corbe

Many Middle Eastern Governments (if you can call them that) including Egypt, have publicly stated this will further enflame the region, like that is even possible. As stated earlier in the thread the law has been on the books for a long time, why right now?  He's certainly NOT going to get anymore Jewish votes out of this move.  It will be interesting to see the head Jew in the Senate, Schumer, oppose this though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   Many Middle Eastern Governments (if you can call them that) including Egypt, have publicly stated this will further enflame the region, like that is even possible. As stated earlier in the thread the law has been on the books for a long time, why right now?  He's certainly NOT going to get anymore Jewish votes out of this move.  It will be interesting to see the head Jew in the Senate, Schumer, oppose this though.

If you want to 'see' cockroaches....you shine a light in the room.

If you want to kill mosquitos...you plug in a bug-zapper light.

If you want to kill jihadists....you draw them out in the open by enraging them.

...works every time.

PS: incidentally, who isn't thinking the ISIS killed this week by a B1 bomber in Libya, was because they are co-conspirators in Benghazi?  Dead men can't talk.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

I think the fireworks that are sure to follow are all part of the plan. When Trump nominates the next SCOTUS pick the Rats are talking about filibustering. Why not just end the filibuster while everyone is screaming about the Embassy moving to Jerusalem. It looks like Trump is going to push his agenda, which he did talk about during the campaign, and let the weak of heart "swoon" all they want.

I love this!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I think Trump is moving on multiple fronts simultaneously. He may well overwhelm his opposition in that they won't be able to figure out what to fight and when they fight everything they will quickly lose some support.

Bolton is right there is no 2 state solution for peace in the middle east, there is a 3 state solution. Let the Arabs living in the palestinian territory be assimilated into Jordan and Egypt. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Wingnut

With the two pro muslim knuckleheads gone from the WH. 

Let them put their capitol where they choose. 
Can't wait for the UN to chime in on this!...

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:51:17 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@geronl

I thought Israel was somewhat resistant to the idea based on the security, cost, and logistics.

Silver Pines

I thought Israel was somewhat resistant to the idea based on the security, cost, and logistics.

@Cripplecreek

I wasn't sure about that, so I just did a little looking around.  One Israeli newspaper talked about new security measures put in place by Netanyahu in anticipation of Trump's announcement.  Another paper speculated that the PM will vacillate and not agree with moving the embassy.  Netanyahu has tweeted only that he's going to talk with Trump about it, but hasn't given any clues of how that might go.

Someone in Israel put up a billboard thanking Trump---prematurely, IMO.   Some liberal American expatriates over there are protesting the decision.

Offline Blizzardnh

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Cripplecreek

I wasn't sure about that, so I just did a little looking around.  One Israeli newspaper talked about new security measures put in place by Netanyahu in anticipation of Trump's announcement.  Another paper speculated that the PM will vacillate and not agree with moving the embassy.  Netanyahu has tweeted only that he's going to talk with Trump about it, but hasn't given any clues of how that might go.

Someone in Israel put up a billboard thanking Trump---prematurely, IMO.   Some liberal American expatriates over there are protesting the decision.

I don't mind the idea of it but I just want to be sure its the right thing to do. I don';t want to needlessly endanger an ambassador or embassy staff.

I also wonder about the logistics of moving the American embassy away from other embassies in Israel. (Which also becomes a security issue)

Just a few weeks back they were saying that they wouldn't move the Embassy but would have the Ambassador work from an annex in Jerusalem.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Israel has always declared Jerusalem to be the capital city of the State. Arabs do not recognize this because they claim Jerusalem for themselves.

The symbolism of the move is that it means that America formally recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel. And therefore since it is the capital city of the State of Israel, it cannot possibly belong to the Arabs.

Israel has always pushed for this move and I am sure that it will be welcomed with celebration.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Trump certainly isn't wasting any time. This would be very bold move by Trump and he wants the Iran 'nuke deal' renegotiated as well.  This will be interesting as Trump and Netanyahu  are supposed to talk later...

...While a discussion of Iran is assured, even if a treaty decision by Trump is unlikely any time seen, an unexpected twist was reported by Israel Channel 2 which said that the "President of the United States Donald Trump will announce tomorrow move of the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem...

..."The Prime Minister (Netanyahu) said that a top concern for Israel was the nuclear threat still posed by Iran under the terms of the landmark 2015 nuclear agreement. "The supreme goal of the state of Israel continues to be stopping the Iranian threat and stopping the threat from the bad nuclear deal signed with Iran," he said.

Netanyahu has been a fierce opponent of the nuclear pact, called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, negotiated between Iran and the P5+1 group of world powers -- the United States, the UK, France, China and Russia plus Germany. Under the deal, Iran must reduce its uranium stockpile by roughly 98%, phase out its centrifuges over the next 15 years, limit research activities, allow heightened inspections and ship spent fuel outside of the country.

In return, many of the international sanctions imposed on Iran were lifted. Trump has repeatedly denounced the nuclear deal calling it "incompetently negotiated" and pledged to renegotiate its terms.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-22/netanyahu-trump-talk-phone-sunday-may-announce-move-us-embassy-jerusalem
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:54:17 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mom MD

@geronl

If this happens this alone will be worth electing Trump.  And I am not a Trump fan by any means.  However if he follows through with the things he promised, I will end up being a fan.
God is still in control

Silver Pines

I don't mind the idea of it but I just want to be sure its the right thing to do. I don';t want to needlessly endanger an ambassador or embassy staff.

I also wonder about the logistics of moving the American embassy away from other embassies in Israel. (Which also becomes a security issue)

Just a few weeks back they were saying that they wouldn't move the Embassy but would have the Ambassador work from an annex in Jerusalem.

@Cripplecreek

I remember that, too.

Personally I'd like to see it, but Netanyahu knows what's best for his country, so I'll be fine with it either way.  I believe he's going to talk with Trump today.

Offline Mom MD

Israel has always declared Jerusalem to be the capital city of the State. Arabs do not recognize this because they claim Jerusalem for themselves.

The symbolism of the move is that it means that America formally recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel. And therefore since it is the capital city of the State of Israel, it cannot possibly belong to the Arabs.

Israel has always pushed for this move and I am sure that it will be welcomed with celebration.

The real point is that God Himself recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.  Its never good to take sides against God.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:52:57 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline libertybele

The real point is that God Himself recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.  Its never good to take sides against God.

Exactly...I am sure he's not exactly smiling at the stance this country has taken on abortion and the rights of the LGBT crowd.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mom MD

Exactly...I am sure he's not exactly smiling at the stance this country has taken on abortion and the rights of the LGBT crowd.

I fear the judgment on this country will be swift, devastating and well deserved.  However God was willing to spare other nations for the sake of 10 righteous men. It is the duty of the redeemed of God to stand up and shine His light in this dark time.  God in His mercy stays His hand for the sake of His people
God is still in control