Author Topic: Repression in Turkey has led to the loss of the country’s academics and educators.  (Read 646 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Turkey loses its brains

ISTANBUL — For Turkey’s academics, the new year began with a new wave of dismissals. With 2017 not yet a week old, 631 researchers and professors lost their jobs with the stroke of a pen.

In the course of the past year, thousands of Turkish scholars were fired or suspended in a similar manner, victims of the government’s sweeping purge following last summer’s failed coup. More than a dozen universities were simply shut down by decree.

The increasingly repressive atmosphere has spurred hundreds to leave the country, turning to Western countries, particularly in Europe, to escape prosecution and a steady erosion of academic independence.

http://www.politico.eu/article/turkey-failed-coup-purge-scholars-loses-its-brains/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Mom MD

Not saying I agree with repression, but I can't help but think this country would be a lot better off with a few less "professors" and "researchers"  Maybe we could send them ours as replacements
God is still in control

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Not saying I agree with repression, but I can't help but think this country would be a lot better off with a few less "professors" and "researchers"  Maybe we could send them ours as replacements

I think this follows the trend in countries where islam grows.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

I think this follows the trend in countries where islam grows.

All part of the plan when Erdogan had his "Reichstag Fire" coup attempt.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Turkey exhibits proof that islamic nations, no matter how "progressive" they seem, eventually revert to the norm.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
All part of the plan when Erdogan had his "Reichstag Fire" coup attempt.

He's also managed to replace all of his secular Generals with one's that are good practitioners of Sharia.

IIRC that purge happened about 4 years ago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Turkey exhibits proof that islamic nations, no matter how "progressive" they seem, eventually revert to the norm.

The only reason Turkey has reverted after decades of modernization is Erdogan and his henchmen.

IMHO if the U.S. and other NATO conutries had taken a little more interest in what was going on it could have been stopped.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
That's the problem with Turkey, it is that they have veered into becoming much more Islamic with Erdogan.

That Gulen fellow who is now Erdogan's nemesis was his friend in the past; what Gulenism was, was putting more Islam back into the government.

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/12/18/book-release-the-gulen-movement-turkeys-islamic-supremacist-cult-and-its-contributions-to-the-civilization-jihad/

It's probably on the agenda for Islamic radicals to push Islam into their governments more.

They may have even been a fairly trustworthy ally in the past. It's gotten much worse with Erdogan.