Author Topic: Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press  (Read 10262 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2017, 05:38:15 pm »
And THAT right there ladies and gentlemen, is the only thing that matters to the Trump faithful aside from inflicting punishment and payback.

Reminds me of the folks that really do believe that he who dies with the most toys, wins.

IMO, @mystery-ak is the banker, and those "chips" belong to her. We are all guests here, and should act accordingly.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2017, 05:39:21 pm »
I don't disagree with that either.

The only issue...and it's being handled badly so far...is how he and his people are reacting to the media now that they are in the WH.

You know?  For now, I trust Trump's judgment in how he is handling these things.  It's worked for him so far.  In a way, he reminds me of the classic "dumb blonde", the way he plays on the weaknesses and passions of his targets.  It would be a mistake to underestimate him, when it comes to dealing with publicity and the State Media.  He is representing the ones that elected him.  I have hope, for a change.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2017, 05:45:45 pm »
You know?  For now, I trust Trump's judgment in how he is handling these things.  It's worked for him so far.  In a way, he reminds me of the classic "dumb blonde", the way he plays on the weaknesses and passions of his targets.  It would be a mistake to underestimate him, when it comes to dealing with publicity and the State Media.  He is representing the ones that elected him.  I have hope, for a change.

With President Trump, we're way out in uncharted territory.  I maintain anything is possible, and while I tend to agree with TRG about this in general, I am not as sure as he seems to be that Trump and company are making huge mistakes dealing with the press.

He's just not like anybody we've had there before, let alone in my lifetime.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2017, 05:47:31 pm »
With President Trump, we're way out in uncharted territory.  I maintain anything is possible, and while I tend to agree with TRG about this in general, I am not as sure as he seems to be that Trump and company are making huge mistakes dealing with the press.

He's just not like anybody we've had there before, let alone in my lifetime.

I say, we all give him a chance.  He's doing OK so far - where it really counts.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2017, 05:49:59 pm »
I don't disagree with that either.

The only issue...and it's being handled badly so far...is how he and his people are reacting to the media now that they are in the WH.

Trump's strong suit is not his finesse. He is taking a stand with the media from the start, using Conway, Spicer and Priebus to lay down the law.

I like his willingness to put the press on their heels, instead of the opposite, which would seem to be more in line with those who still naively think gentility will work.

Meanwhile he is taking the policy steps that got him a following of voters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2017, 05:53:52 pm »
IMO, @mystery-ak is the banker, and those "chips" belong to her. We are all guests here, and should act accordingly.

I'm not sure what that has to do with DC crowing about 'winning' and having all the poker chips because he voted for Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2017, 05:54:52 pm »
I say, we all give him a chance.  He's doing OK so far - where it really counts.

Don't have much of a choice at this point.  One goes to war with the President one has, and I think people who insist he's going to do wrong before the stench of Obama and his flock of flies clears out of the White Hut have a crystal ball that works better than mine.

I like what he's done this morning, Mrs. Liberty is positively gleeful about TPP, she never liked it.  She's in charge of keeping an eye on the Markets in the Liberty Household.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2017, 05:57:13 pm »
I'm not sure what that has to do with DC crowing about 'winning' and having all the poker chips because he voted for Trump.

Nothing has anything to do with the thing about having all the chips.  I really like DC a lot because we've been friends for a long time, but that was a really poor argument to make.  @Night Hides Not can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as excellent a maker of arguments that he is.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2017, 05:57:27 pm »

We were lectured that we should all give Obama a chance when he took office too.

And what that meant was that we were to shut up about all the things we were warning about based on what he had said in his past and whom he hung around with, and wait to see what he does once in office.

And now, those things he has done may be irreversible in the damage department.

Now we're being advised to do the same damn thing.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2017, 05:58:25 pm »
Don't have much of a choice at this point.  One goes to war with the President one has, and I think people who insist he's going to do wrong before the stench of Obama and his flock of flies clears out of the White Hut have a crystal ball that works better than mine.

I like what he's done this morning, Mrs. Liberty is positively gleeful about TPP, she never liked it.  She's in charge of keeping an eye on the Markets in the Liberty Household.

After seeing that he plans to gut fed regs by at least 75% today and deep 6 TPP.......    I'm coming around to his side.

And I have been one of his loudest critics here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2017, 06:02:35 pm »

That doesn't make sense.  Just because the candidate you backed won the ultimate prize does not make you an expert in the media.  TRG may have used an ad hominum (I'm not sure he did, just saying maybe), but you certainly used a non-sequitur.

LOL!   And you walk right into it, don't you?

The point is that just because he was a radio DJ and planned meetings and marketed, etc., doesn't make him an expert on how to deal with an adversarial media complex.

Also...for being such an 'inbred'....and 'you' guys being such 'experts', you sure don't know crap about prognosticating the political landscape, nor the mood of the country right now.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »
After seeing that he plans to gut fed regs by at least 75% today and deep 6 TPP.......    I'm coming around to his side.

If he does that and actually fixes the tax code I'll become his biggest cheerleader!  And BTW: If that get's done the Republican party will cement it's current place for 50 years!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:29 pm »
Actually it's given me seven promotions(so far)...numerous raises...opportunities to travel the world I otherwise wouldn't have gotten...a pretty sweet retirement package and the ability to provide pretty darn good for my family.

But you go ahead and continue to mock what I do to hide your own insecurities.

:whistle:

I'm a lot of things, sonny.   Insecure ain't one of 'em.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2017, 06:06:43 pm »
If he does that and actually fixes the tax code I'll become his biggest cheerleader! And BTW: If that get's done the Republican party will cement it's current place for 50 years!

For how long, Earl?    A week, if we're lucky?

You guyz...........    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2017, 06:08:06 pm »

Another one......  who doesn't want to remain appearing to be just a pissed-off contrarian.    :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2017, 06:11:32 pm »
For how long, Earl?    A week, if we're lucky?

You guyz...........    :laugh:

Nope!  Actually fixing the tax code is the key to deconstructing this leviathan of a federal government and if that get's done while he is in office he will go down as one of the greats!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:26 pm »

Don't look for something that isn't 'there', @Night Hides Not

I was merely pointing out that I went "ALL IN" on Donald Trump back in June, 2015, and I pulled a royal flush.

Meanwhile you and your ilk.....as many like to say in here when referring to Trump supporters....didn't have a good hand at all.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2017, 06:14:55 pm »
Nope!  Actually fixing the tax code is the key to deconstructing this leviathan of a federal government and if that get's done while he is in office he will go down as one of the greats!

:beer:  I hope so.   

Tired of @Weird Tolkienish Figure 's schizophrenia act.   ....one day 'bragging' to us that he's "giving Trump a chance" and the next, crucifying him in order to be liked on the forum.

We need more of 'you' and less of 'them'.   

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2017, 06:15:12 pm »
Don't look for something that isn't 'there', @Night Hides Not

I was merely pointing out that I went "ALL IN" on Donald Trump back in June, 2015, and I pulled a royal flush.

Meanwhile you and your ilk.....as many like to say in here when referring to Trump supporters....didn't have a good hand at all.

You know what DC!  I liked you a LOT better when you didn't continually insist on being the resident A$$H^%e around here!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2017, 06:16:41 pm »
You know what DC!  I liked you a LOT better when you didn't continually insist on being the resident A$$H^%e around here!

It's a dirty job, @Bigun ....but somebody's got to correct all the spewed BS in here.    :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »
LOL!   And you walk right into it, don't you?

The point is that just because he was a radio DJ and planned meetings and marketed, etc., doesn't make him an expert on how to deal with an adversarial media complex.

Also...for being such an 'inbred'....and 'you' guys being such 'experts', you sure don't know crap about prognosticating the political landscape, nor the mood of the country right now.

Well, he was more than "a DJ", but you do have some points to make.  As I told Alice, we are way out in uncharted territory and who knows how all this will play out?  We're so uncharted there's a note on the map that says "There be Monsters Here."
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2017, 06:20:39 pm »
Well, he was more than "a DJ", but you do have some points to make.  As I told Alice, we are way out in uncharted territory and who knows how all this will play out?  We're so uncharted there's a note on the map that says "There be Monsters Here."

Indeed, my FRiend.   :beer:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2017, 06:27:20 pm »
It's a dirty job, @Bigun ....but somebody's got to correct all the spewed BS in here.    :beer:

I'm thinking there are ways that you could do that without being a jerk!  Maybe just posting picture of you holding a sign with "I told you so" on it every time Trump does something good or the like.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2017, 06:28:25 pm »
Indeed, my FRiend.   :beer:

Thanks!   :beer:

All of the standard tools for prognostication are broken and in the dumpster with this election, so the only conclusion I can come to is that nobody really knows where this is going to go now.  That's why the vast majority of Briefers are just taking a wait and see position.  A lot of people who have been dead set against him are now open to giving him a chance. 

I was hoping you'd see that as a big positive.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2017, 06:31:34 pm »
The vast majority of people whining about Trump are the same people who would whine about any President who doesn't have a "D" next to their name.