Author Topic: Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press  (Read 10257 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press
By Kyle Balluck - 01/22/17 09:42 AM EST

A top aide to President Trump said on Sunday that the new administration is going to “rethink” its relationship with the press.

"We're going to have to rethink our relationship here," Kellyanne Conway said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” after host Chuck Todd asked about press secretary Sean Spicer’s criticism of the press one day earlier.

Spicer in his first official appearance in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room denounced news organizations’ focus on the inaugural crowd size as “shameful and wrong.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/315523-conway-were-going-to-have-to-rethink-our-relationship-with-press
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »
I thought Kellyanne was great, but I'm concerned the Trump Administration will spend too much time and effort on fighting the media, vs. keeping an eye on the bad players around the world.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:30:05 pm »
Spicer in his first official appearance in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room denounced news organizations’ focus on the inaugural crowd size as “shameful and wrong.”

In other words, the Trump administration is demanding that they control the topic of press articles involving their administration... or else.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »
I thought Kellyanne was great, but I'm concerned the Trump Administration will spend too much time and effort on fighting the media, vs. keeping an eye on the bad players around the world.
Since the "press" will be distorting everything he  says does, both at home and abroad, then it's probably reasonable to start with them and then move on to the other bad players around the world.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:47:22 pm »

In other words, the Trump administration is demanding that they control the topic of press articles involving their administration... or else.

That might be it, or it might be the Trump people just want to media to stop lying about their every move?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 04:55:53 pm »
That might be it, or it might be the Trump people just want to media to stop lying about their every move?

Then they would have said that. Then stated the truth and provided evidence to prove it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:56:11 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 04:58:54 pm »
Then they would have said that. Then stated the truth and provided evidence to prove it.

:amen:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »

They have said that.  Patience on the other part, they have to get it past the media filters.  Showing the true crowd sizes of the Inauguration is a good start.  NBC and others definitely lied in their depictions of the crowds on the mall at noon Friday.  I have scads of pictures on Facebook posted by NBC affiliates that are contradicted by the shots I saw on CSPAN during the swearing in ceremony.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 05:04:17 pm »
They have said that.  Patience on the other part, they have to get it past the media filters.  Showing the true crowd sizes of the Inauguration is a good start.  NBC and others definitely lied in their depictions of the crowds on the mall at noon Friday.  I have scads of pictures on Facebook posted by NBC affiliates that are contradicted by the shots I saw on CSPAN during the swearing in ceremony.

I do not think there is any longer a need to 'prove' the the mainstream media colors the news against republicans.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 05:07:34 pm »
I do not think there is any longer a need to 'prove' the the mainstream media colors the news against republicans.

No, there hasn't been a need to prove it to Republicans for many years, but there are still millions of LIVs out there who still think Brian Williams and Dan Rather were straight-shooters, just like Walter Cronkite.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »
No, there hasn't been a need to prove it to Republicans for many years, but there are still millions of LIVs out there who still think Brian Williams and Dan Rather were straight-shooters, just like Walter Cronkite.
This.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 05:19:28 pm »

WE should do with the truth what the left has been doing all these years with their falsehoods - just proceed under the context that that everybody agrees that the media lies and then bury them in derision.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 05:23:42 pm »

The road to tyranny is always paved with good intentions.

The fruits of Trump during and after the campaign has been to go after anyone who detracts or disses him…. relentlessly.

Not a good portent in terms of having a free press hold to account our public officials.

Not that the MSM is a 'free press' mind you.

But we do live in an age where Precedent is more lawful than the Constitution.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline beandog

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 05:27:41 pm »
I rethought my relationship with the Press a long time ago.  Nice to see they are catching up.

The press isn't entitled to squat except their rights under the Constitution.  No where does it say the President has to answer their questions or can't criticize them when he feels like it.

The "Press" can stick it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 05:40:42 pm »
WE should do with the truth what the left has been doing all these years with their falsehoods - just proceed under the context that that everybody agrees that the media lies and then bury them in derision.

Unfortunately we all know that Donald Trump is himself a compulsive liar (Rafael Cruz and JFK) and the goofy women's march was clearly larger (Not to mention huge crowds in multiple other cities)

The pro Trump media has already established their own history of lying.

Bikers for Trump are another handful of lying propagandists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 05:48:39 pm »
The press isn't entitled to squat except their rights under the Constitution.  No where does it say the President has to answer their questions or can't criticize them when he feels like it.

That's right. And every administration has sought to control its relationship with the press.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »
Because criticizing crowd size estimates is the most important thing they could of doing on the first day

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »
There she is...........Kelly Conway turned into Lanny Davis in a dress, or a revolutionary war costume.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 06:00:28 pm »

Yeah, I can agree with that.  I like derision.
I will NOT comply.

Offline beandog

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 06:05:36 pm »
Because criticizing crowd size estimates is the most important thing they could of doing on the first day
Who says it's the most important thing they did on the first day. 

geronl

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 06:21:07 pm »
Who says it's the most important thing they did on the first day.

The Orange One even brought it up while touring the 'inefficient, incompetent' CIA he hated on during the campaign. It was obviously a big deal to him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 07:30:02 pm »
The Orange One even brought it up while touring the 'inefficient, incompetent' CIA he hated on during the campaign. It was obviously a big deal to him.

This is a theory I have, tell me what you think:  There is not one thing Trump could ever do that you would approve of, regardless of what it is. If he says nothing about the media bias, he'd be chumming it up with them.  If he says something about it, they you'd say he's whining.

Just a theory.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 07:33:00 pm »
This is a theory I have, tell me what you think:  There is not one thing Trump could ever do that you would approve of, regardless of what it is. If he says nothing about the media bias, he'd be chumming it up with them.  If he says something about it, they you'd say he's whining.

Just a theory.

Trump walks on water means "Trump can't swim."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:25 pm »

Just a theory.

The hate runs deep with that one.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:58 pm »

Even some our most misguided youth thought Stewart and Colbert were legit news sources.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.