Author Topic: Schumer ready to leave Supreme Court seat open  (Read 2533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer ready to leave Supreme Court seat open
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »
By Mallory Shelbourne - 01/22/17 09:40 AM EST

Sen. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Sunday that he is prepared to leave open the ninth seat on the Supreme Court.

“If the nominee is not bipartisan and mainstream, we absolutely will keep the seat open,” Schumer told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/315524-schumer-ready-to-leave-ninth-supreme-court-seat-open
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Schumer ready to leave Supreme Court seat open
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:20 pm »

Sen. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Sunday that he is prepared to leave open the ninth seat on the Supreme Court.

“If the nominee is not bipartisan and mainstream, we absolutely will keep the seat open,” Schumer told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/315524-schumer-ready-to-leave-ninth-supreme-court-seat-open

Tough talk, but all Mitch McConnell has to do to get Trump's nominee into the court, is adjourn the Senate.
Let it burn.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:41:56 pm »
Poor Chuck.  This is the only real card he holds to gum up the works after Harry "Punch Drunk" Reid thought the Rats would rule for a thousand years and removed the 60-vote supermajority to approve federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chuck-schumer-keep-scalia-supreme-court/2017/01/22/id/769816/
Schumer Ready to 'Fight Tooth-and-Nail' to Keep SCOTUS Seat Open
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:01:39 pm »

more

Did the interviewer dig up and confront Schumer with old videos of him saying that liberal seats like that of John Paul Stevens need to stay liberal to 'keep balance of the court'?

Didn't think so.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 04:04:04 pm »
I can't decide who I detest more, Reid or Schumer.  Schumer should go retire and follow his foul mouth daughter around the country as a comedy act
God is still in control

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 04:07:30 pm »
I can't decide who I detest more, Reid or Schumer.  Schumer should go retire and follow his foul mouth daughter around the country as a comedy act

Harry was more dangerous in his senility. But Chuck seems to be carrying his drool cup quite nicely in Reids absence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 04:29:51 pm »
I don't like the fact that he is a member of the Gang of Eight, I don't like his smug attitude, I didn't like his address at Trump's inauguration and I hope he gets his butt handed to him on this issue with an extremely conservative justice seated on SCOTUS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »
   How did Schumer bypass Durbin for Minority Leader in the Senate, Durbin has seniority?  Reid's vicodin connection?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 04:32:48 pm »
Aren't we fortunate to have this guy as minority leader?  There's something about a lifetime in NYC that makes one an arbiter of mainstream thought.  What an obligation that must be.

Offline beandog

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:37:36 pm »
I've got plenty of hate for both of them. ****slapping

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 04:39:39 pm »
Who didn't see this coming?

"As you give, so shall you receive."

(I think the concept's been around a while.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:40:34 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »
Who didn't see this coming?

"As you give, so shall you receive."

(I think the concept's been around a while.)

Darn right

We gave them a Sotomeyer and a Kagan.

They owe us another Scalia.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 04:47:47 pm »
Darn right

We gave them a Sotomeyer and a Kagan.

They owe us another Scalia.

They gave us the nuclear option for everything but scotus   We should return the favor
God is still in control

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »
They gave us the nuclear option for everything but scotus   We should return the favor

Agree.

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 04:54:06 pm »

The GOP already said that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 04:54:31 pm »
Newsflash: it's not up to you, Mr. Schumer.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 04:55:10 pm »
Newsflash: it's not up to you, Mr. Schumer.

Trump to Schumer:  "I won."

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 04:55:59 pm »
Poor Chuck.  This is the only real card he holds to gum up the works after Harry "Punch Drunk" Reid thought the Rats would rule for a thousand years and removed the 60-vote supermajority to approve federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments.

Yore wrong. The dems only dropped the supermajority requirement for lower court judges. It's in effect for ussc justices.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:56:40 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 04:56:38 pm »
   How did Schumer bypass Durbin for Minority Leader in the Senate, Durbin has seniority?  Reid's vicodin connection?

I've wondered that too!..just a couple of years ago Durbin was 2nd...did he lose favor with the Dems?
Support the USO

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 05:01:30 pm »
I've wondered that too!..just a couple of years ago Durbin was 2nd...did he lose favor with the Dems?

I read a little about that since asking the question @mystery-ak , It appears his ties to Wall Street ($$$$$) had a lot to do with it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 05:13:32 pm »
It is delusional nonsense he is feeding to his ignorant and fevered base. Anyone with even a small amount of common sense knows that he can only postpone the appointment, he cannot block it indefinitely.

Resist! Fight! Schumer, fight with all your might you quixotic fool. I'll be laughing the whole time.

Every time Schumer fails, I'm going to send him roses for trying. LoL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 05:16:45 pm »
It is delusional nonsense he is feeding to his ignorant and fevered base. Anyone with even a small amount of common sense knows that he can only postpone the appointment, he cannot block it indefinitely.

Resist! Fight! Schumer, fight with all your might you quixotic fool. I'll be laughing the whole time.

Every time Schumer fails, I'm going to send him roses for trying. LoL

I understand how you feel but I would still caution you that we have people like Rubio and McCain still in the Senate being led by McConnell.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 05:18:33 pm »
Ah, remember a couple months ago when Schumer was telling his fellow Senators to do their jobs and appoint Merrick Garland immediately?

Ah, good times.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 05:38:09 pm »
I understand how you feel but I would still caution you that we have people like Rubio and McCain still in the Senate being led by McConnell.
Woe is ye of little faith.

I understand how you feel, but things are different than the way they were. There are  leverages available to POTUS to bring the RINOs in line. It will not be business as usual.

They can cross Trump if they want to, but then when they need him, they will pay the price.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.