Author Topic: The conspiracy to impeach Trump already launched  (Read 3910 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The conspiracy to impeach Trump already launched
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:00:11 pm »
January 22, 2017
By Thomas Lifson

It should be crystal clear to all Americans that his political enemies are searching for any pretext to launch an impeachment effort to unseat President Trump, once they think it would have a chance of success.   Given the level of animosity toward Trump in his own party, and the possibility of midterm election losses for the president’s party (the normal pattern in American politics), these efforts can’t be dismissed as impossible.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/the_conspiracy_to_impeach_trump_already_launched.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The conspiracy to impeach Trump already launched
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:18:55 pm »
...According to the private and confidential memo, Brock plans to defeat Trump “through impeachment,” using American Bridge, his liberal super PAC, as the main vehicle to do so.

“No other progressive organization has the resources and assets that American Bridge has amassed over the past several election cycles to hold Trump, his administration, and the politicians accountable,” the 44-page confidential memo states.

“Only Bridge stands ready with staff already hired, Trump’s web of business ties mapped out, and a massive video archive at our fingertips.”...

I wonder if this is part of what Maxine Waters was talking about, and 0bama is planning on participating in to keep the leftist agenda moving forward?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »
That means we get President Mike Pence, someone a lot more palatable.

I would hope that the Democrats are more careful in what they hope for.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »
That means we get President Mike Pence, someone a lot more palatable.

I would hope that the Democrats are more careful in what they hope for.

No.  It means that if they are successful, it will be a cold day in hell before we ever see a Republican in that office again.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 05:46:34 pm »
  2 days into the Trump Presidency and there's talk of impeachment already, believe it or not, this is not a record, they wanted to impeach GWB before he was inaugurated for stealing the election from Gore, and earlier Reagan for Iran-Contra.
   We need to start worrying when there is no talk of impeaching a republican President.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:49:15 pm »
If they come up with a legitimate reason, I'm all for it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »
No.  It means that if they are successful, it will be a cold day in hell before we ever see a Republican in that office again.

??? Pence would become our next President.  He has already been sworn in and his duty is to fill the office of President if vacated and he also would then appoint a VP.  The left would clearly have their panties in a wad if he were to appoint someone like Cruz or Lee.   :whistle:   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »
??? Pence would become our next President.  He has already been sworn in and his duty is to fill the office of President if vacated and he also would then appoint a VP.  The left would clearly have their panties in a wad if he were to appoint someone like Cruz or Lee.   :whistle:   :silly:

No, the left is not interested in doing things legally except where it benefits them, and were they to deploy this kind of nuclear warfare, they wouldn't settle for just removing Trump.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 08:20:40 pm »
No, the left is not interested in doing things legally except where it benefits them, and were they to deploy this kind of nuclear warfare, they wouldn't settle for just removing Trump.

I guess I tend to have more faith in the Constitution. The impeachment has to start in the House and voted on by the Senate and they have to have specific reasons for impeachment.  He hasn't committed an impeachable offense.

Perhaps most importantly we have to look at the enormity of the situation should the left try something like that especially at this point in time -- sheer pandemonium would take place and IMHO they would actually have to overthrow the entire government, get pass the massive violence that would take place between the right and the left, and install a new government.

I personally, feel it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution...and to defend it against ALL enemies ... and if that means against the left uprising ... so be it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 08:21:52 pm »
  2 days into the Trump Presidency and there's talk of impeachment already, believe it or not, this is not a record, they wanted to impeach GWB before he was inaugurated for stealing the election from Gore, and earlier Reagan for Iran-Contra.
   We need to start worrying when there is no talk of impeaching a republican President.

Just a little timeline correction. Iran-Contra came up well into Regan's tenure, not at the start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:52 pm »
I guess I tend to have more faith in the Constitution. The impeachment has to start in the House and voted on by the Senate and they have to have specific reasons for impeachment.  He hasn't committed an impeachable offense.

Perhaps most importantly we have to look at the enormity of the situation should the left try something like that especially at this point in time -- sheer pandemonium would take place and IMHO they would actually have to overthrow the entire government, get pass the massive violence that would take place between the right and the left, and install a new government.

I personally, feel it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution...and to defend it against ALL enemies ... and if that means against the left uprising ... so be it.

I took an Oath to that effect in 1970 and have lived it my entire life.
   We are truly Blessed to live in such a Country in spite of these screwed up times and some of it's whacked out occupiers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 08:30:06 pm »
I suspect they're using the term "impeachment" like they use "racist" and "fascist," to mean something other than what it actually means.  It requires a majority vote in the House of Representatives to impeach any federal officer, which the leftists aren't going to get.  So they can squeal about "impeachment" all they want, it's meaningless.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 08:42:08 pm »
I suspect they're using the term "impeachment" like they use "racist" and "fascist," to mean something other than what it actually means.  It requires a majority vote in the House of Representatives to impeach any federal officer, which the leftists aren't going to get.  So they can squeal about "impeachment" all they want, it's meaningless.

Yes, that's basically the point of contention and you are 100% correct; however, the fact still remains that the progressive liberal left are experts at lying to the populace so much that they don't have a clue that the Constitution outlines specific guidelines for impeachment, nor would they care.  They've already been told that the election was not legitimate because Trump didn't win the popular vote.  Aggressive protests with violence have continued and if anything have increased.  IMHO that precedent has already been set by our past president side stepping Congress and senators like Warren and Clinton relaying false information about the Constitution.  In order to 'quiet' the effort (should one actually take place), it's going to take someone like Schumer or Warren to actually acknowledge the Constitution ... I'm not quite so sure that will happen and if it doesn't, my fear is a full blown revolt; left against right.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 09:01:51 pm »

I agree with most of what you said, but that's how WE think; those on the left think quite differently, so I'm not sure where we disagree.  ??

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
The left - redefining the term 'sore loser' every day.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 09:28:38 pm »
January 22, 2017
By Thomas Lifson

It should be crystal clear to all Americans that his political enemies are searching for any pretext to launch an impeachment effort to unseat President Trump, once they think it would have a chance of success.   Given the level of animosity toward Trump in his own party, and the possibility of midterm election losses for the president’s party (the normal pattern in American politics), these efforts can’t be dismissed as impossible.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/the_conspiracy_to_impeach_trump_already_launched.html
Not at all surprising.  I've been telling friends for weeks that Trump will likely be impeached in under 2 years.  I'd prefer Pence anyway.... 

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 09:42:52 pm »
Not at all surprising.  I've been telling friends for weeks that Trump will likely be impeached in under 2 years.  I'd prefer Pence anyway....

Nope, he won't be impeached in under 2 years unless he does something so egregious that substantial numbers of GOP Congressmen turn against him.  Impeachment is extremely unlikely, for reasons I've given above.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 09:46:03 pm »
Yes, that's basically the point of contention and you are 100% correct; however, the fact still remains that the progressive liberal left are experts at lying to the populace so much that they don't have a clue that the Constitution outlines specific guidelines for impeachment, nor would they care.  They've already been told that the election was not legitimate because Trump didn't win the popular vote.  Aggressive protests with violence have continued and if anything have increased.  IMHO that precedent has already been set by our past president side stepping Congress and senators like Warren and Clinton relaying false information about the Constitution.  In order to 'quiet' the effort (should one actually take place), it's going to take someone like Schumer or Warren to actually acknowledge the Constitution ... I'm not quite so sure that will happen and if it doesn't, my fear is a full blown revolt; left against right.

What you're talking about when you say "a full-blown revolt" is in fact a civil war.  If such a thing transpires, it certainly won't be pretty.  But I think the possibility of the left prevailing in such is pretty small; those of us not on the left (I don't say "on the right" because such a civil war would only start because the leftists force it to) outnumber them substantially and outgun them to an even larger extent.  And we'd have fairly significant portions of the military and LEO community on our side too.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

geronl

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 09:47:05 pm »
All incompetent political entities must have conspiracies against them as a distraction, they must make enemies to blame for their own failures whether it be the media, the minority opposition or whatever

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 09:48:55 pm »
All incompetent political entities must have conspiracies against them as a distraction, they must make enemies to blame for their own failures whether it be the media, the minority opposition or whatever

You must be part of the vast left wing conspiracy.  :silly:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »
No, it would mean we would move closer to an actual shooting war. If they think the country is divided now, if Trump got removed, things would get hot real quick. 
But the chances of Trump getting impeached are zero and none. Pubbies hold majorities in both houses. Dems are just blowing smoke out of frustration.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:57 pm »
No, it would mean we would move closer to an actual shooting war. If they think the country is divided now, if Trump got removed, things would get hot real quick. 
But the chances of Trump getting impeached are zero and none. Pubbies hold majorities in both houses. Dems are just blowing smoke out of frustration.
You forget a very important point.  A very large group of republicans can't stand Trump as well.  Not to mention, most of them wake up in the morning and stick their fingers in the air to see which way political wind is blowing.  Not a backbone amongst them.....except maybe Cruz.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 10:18:13 pm »
You forget a very important point.  A very large group of republicans can't stand Trump as well.  Not to mention, most of them wake up in the morning and stick their fingers in the air to see which way political wind is blowing.  Not a backbone amongst them.....except maybe Cruz.

That will change very quickly if Trump gets some wins. 

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 10:19:42 pm »
The democrats aren't going for an actual impeachment because they know they'll never get it.  They're doing this as political theater.  Trump won't be impeached for the next 2 years because the republicans control both houses of Congress.  The only way they get to impeachment is winning control of both houses of Congress in 2 years.  But then, unless they have enough votes in the Senate to assure a vote to convict, they'll end up wasting their valuable political capital the same way the republicans wasted precious capital impeaching Clinton.

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 10:20:44 pm »

I doubt very seriously if that would happen.