Author Topic: Report: Trump To Sign Executive Order Defunding International Planned Parenthood This Weekend  (Read 2890 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I do not think the Executive has the power to defund those things the Congress has funded.

Is this Trump's Pen and Phone in action?

Not that I support PP.  But I respect the Constitution and Separation of Powers more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:46:18 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I do not think the Executive has the power to defund those things the Congress has funded.

Not that I support PP.  But I respect the Constitution and Separation of Powers more.

Whether or not he has it, allowing the Democrats to set the agenda for so many decades by feckless Pubbies 'Crossing The Aisle' so the press won't disparage them, has led us to this awful pass.

I expect Trump to use it, legit or not.

Obama used it, legit or not.

And Trump will be defacto Daring the press to put their own feet in their mouths by calling him on it.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, he has the power, this is largely just the Mexico City policy, funding or defunding PP overseas that comes up with every new President, Bush defunded, Obama funded. 

"Trump could reinstitute anti-abortion 'Mexico City policy' on anniversary of Roe v. Wade"
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-expected-reinstitute-anti-abortion-mexico-city-policy-article-1.2950843

Clinton must have funded it in order for Dubya to reverse it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

This is the one that sounds most legit but I suspect it will end with disappointment.

I don't know if there is money specifically set aside for foreign abortions but I suspect the funding will continue by other means as is usually the case with these things.

Offline JustPassinThru

My exact thought.  I wonder if he's being crazy like a fox.

Look, he was known as a defender and backer of PP.  This may be the way he goes through the motions of honoring the Teabaggers:  He signs this document defunding Planned Infanticide; and then Planned Infanticide goes to court.  Where the Fuddrel Kourt kangaroo immediately upholds Planned Infanticide's assertion; and funding is restored.

And God the Donald grins, shrugs, and goes inside to high-five his fellow NeYawkers.  That'll show those Bitter Clingers...

Offline beandog

If this was signed by an EO than it can be undone by Pres. the Donald by an EO.  We shall see.

geronl

International? Why not also the US part?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Whether or not he has it, allowing the Democrats to set the agenda for so many decades by feckless Pubbies 'Crossing The Aisle' so the press won't disparage them, has led us to this awful pass.

I expect Trump to use it, legit or not.

Obama used it, legit or not.

And Trump will be defacto Daring the press to put their own feet in their mouths by calling him on it.

So more verification that a Trump dictatorship is perfectly acceptable because Obama did it and Congress let him do it.

So much for the concept of a Republic being restored.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

So more verification that a Trump dictatorship is perfectly acceptable because Obama did it and Congress let him do it.

No, it isn't acceptable.  If President Trump continues to do exactly what Bammy did then he is no better and if the GOP goes along with it our Republic is done; the Constitution will become meaningless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No, it isn't acceptable.  If President Trump continues to do exactly what Bammy did then he is no better and if the GOP goes along with it our Republic is done; the Constitution will become meaningless.
Well, we warned everyone that was going to be the case.

They told us we were paranoid, delusional and stupid - and to STFU because Trump was going to save us.

While I am all for defunding a mass murdering industry paid for on our tax dimes - I am not for enabling another dictator to do it simply because he is OUR dictator.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

They told us we were paranoid, delusional and stupid - and to STFU because Trump was going to save us.

While I am all for defunding a mass murdering industry paid for on our tax dimes - I am not for enabling another dictator to do it simply because he is OUR dictator.

But haven't you heard?

The democrats will never ever be in power again so they can't do the same in the future.

Its a foolproof plan I tell ya.

Offline endicom

You expect congress to undo an EO they haven't yet undone?  You expect congress to undo an EO that Trump can simply rescind?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You expect congress to undo an EO they haven't yet undone?  You expect congress to undo an EO that Trump can simply rescind?

Show us the Executive Order that Obama signed that FUNDED Planned Parenthood.

Go on, give us the link that shows that Obama appropriated funds from the Federal Budget for Planned Parenthood.

I want to see it.

Finding the number of the EO and the verbiage of the order should not be difficult.

While you are hunting for it, you might want to come up with an explanation about how Trump can legally rescind a Congressional (Both House and Senate) funding bill:

Congress Passes 1.1 Trillion Spending Bill That Fully Funds Planned Parenthood

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:45:01 am by INVAR »

geronl

While you are hunting for it, you might want to come up with an explanation about how Trump can legally rescind a Congressional (Both House and Senate) funding bill:

The court pounded Nixon for trying to not spend the money appropriated by Congress

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
 :hands:

:vote:

The nuts and bolts of it are Trump voters get an assist here, I don't know if it means babies saved but it's something.

Offline endicom

Go on, give us the link that shows that Obama appropriated funds from the Federal Budget for Planned Parenthood.

Read the article.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Wait I just saw Trump take an oath to the Constitution.  I want to say this is one time I would cheer executive order.  But you are right.  So right.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I want to see it.

Finding the number of the EO and the verbiage of the order should not be difficult.

Congress Passes 1.1 Trillion Spending Bill That Fully Funds Planned Parenthood
A Presidential memorandum is not the same as an Executive Order.  The Mexico City policy, and its back and forth by Clinton, Bush and Obama were not EO but memoranda.

As a practical effect, not much difference between the two, but EO are published in the federal register whereas Memoranda may or may not be.

Obama used the Memoranda method more than any president in history, likely as to be able to say he did not issue many EO.  A slime way to operate as it hides somewhat the real action.

Oh, and BTW, better go read up once again how this country operates.

Congress is the only entity that appropriates money.

Executive can only spend it.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

But haven't you heard? The democrats will never ever be in power again so they can't do the same in the future.  Its a foolproof plan I tell ya.
@Cripplecreek
@mystery-ak

When I was working in our state Republican Party, the Vice Chair of the Party told me about a state Senate rule our Republicans wanted to pass and Republicans were in the majority in the Senate.  I told her to think about that - it would stop Democrats from taking a certain action in the Senate - I said, "Do you want this rule to apply to Republican if Democrats have the majority in the Senate?  She said, "No."  I said, "Never pass a rule that would hurt Republicans."  She said she would take that message to the State Chair and they would change their support of that rule.  The rule was dropped by the Republican Senate, no vote taken.

Some people can't see passed "one dot".  These are "one doters".  Always go past one dot to see what the next dots will/may be.  Then, make a decision.

Offline libertybele

..."Yet while Trump will have some authority to undo certain regulations enacted under Obama, this particular one reportedly would require a joint resolution of disapproval by the House and Senate, with agreement from the president...

---Full Article ---  http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-12-14/obama-administration-blocks-states-from-defunding-planned-parenthood
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:43:21 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

The 'Women's March' is in direct response to Trump's inauguration and it's not going to stop, especially on the topic of Planned Parenthood.  This March is being fueled by Hollywood Celebs such as Madonna, Ashley Judd and the idiot icon, Michael Moore. Madonna threatened to blow up the White House for heaven's sake and is reportedly being investigated. Keep in mind that this march took place in France and Australia and in other parts of the world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/22/trump-takes-to-twitter-to-weigh-in-on-womens-march-tv-ratings-for-inauguration/?utm_term=.1b6cb6087763

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/trump-women-march-on-washington/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142950/Thousands-women-head-Washington-protest-Trump.html

Silver Pines

On Twitter, Ben Shapiro, Steve Deace, and John Podhoretz are all tweeting that tomorrow it will be announced that the embassy in Israel is moving to Jerusalem.  If it happens, that will be excellent.

Offline libertybele

On Twitter, Ben Shapiro, Steve Deace, and John Podhoretz are all tweeting that tomorrow it will be announced that the embassy in Israel is moving to Jerusalem.  If it happens, that will be excellent.

Wow.  That would be huge!! 

Wingnut

Interesting... and deserves its own thread.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:28:08 pm by Wingnut »