Author Topic: State nominee Tillerson to get committee vote on Monday  (Read 1312 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State nominee Tillerson to get committee vote on Monday
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »

State nominee Tillerson to get committee vote on Monday

By Darius Dixon

01/20/17 01:27 PM EST

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will vote Monday on President Donald Trump’s pick to lead the State Department, the panel announced Friday afternoon.

The committee will vote on Rex Tillerson’s nomination at 4:30 p.m. in Dirksen 419.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2017/01/state-nominee-tillerson-to-get-committee-vote-on-monday-233910
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: State nominee Tillerson to get committee vote on Monday
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:57:02 pm »
Secretary of Lobbying

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:00:07 pm »
If I were Mitch McConnell the Senate would be working 16 hours a day seven days a week until these nominations were dealt with.  But that's just me!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:00:26 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:14:39 pm »
   Allowing Schumer to 'slow walk' these nominees proves once again that McConnell has yet to grow a pair.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 05:48:33 pm »
If I were Mitch McConnell the Senate would be working 16 hours a day seven days a week until these nominations were dealt with.  But that's just me!

To our service members overseas, that's just another day at the office.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »
To our service members overseas, that's just another day at the office.

Yep!  And I don't think those senators are any better than they are!  In fact, damned few of them (senators) are worthy of the comparison.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 06:45:26 pm »
Rubio is on the committee and will likely vote against him, maybe Jeff Flake too.

Little Marco is trying to be relevant.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 06:48:04 pm »
Secretary of Lobbying

Sorry, but I have (what I feel are) legitimate concerns about where his loyalties lie.

He is strongly in favor of gay Scouts and TPP. How that plays into being Secretary of State, I have no idea.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 02:50:49 am »

I have no doubt Bigun if your were wearing McConnell's shoes, the Senate would be a whole lot better!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:39:06 am »
I have no doubt Bigun if your were wearing McConnell's shoes, the Senate would be a whole lot better!

Very nice of you to say that @libertybelle!  Thanks you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 06:05:42 pm »
McCain will vote for Tillerson

By Mallory Shelbourne - 01/22/17 10:38 AM EST   57comments

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will vote in favor of Rex Tillerson, President Donald Trump’s nominee to head the State Department.

McCain told ABC’s “This Week” in an interview that aired Sunday that he would support Tillerson’s nomination.

“I will be voting in favor of his nomination. I have had numerous conversations with him. And, again, my concerns have been about our relations with Russia,” McCain said in the interview.

McCain added that his decision to vote for Tillerson “was not an easy call."

“But I also believe that, when there's doubt, the president, the incoming president, gets the benefit of the doubt,” McCain said.
“And that's the way I have treated every president that I have had the obligation to vote for or against as a member of the United States Senate.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/315532-mccain-will-vote-for-tillerson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »
Sorry, but I have (what I feel are) legitimate concerns about where his loyalties lie.

He is strongly in favor of gay Scouts and TPP. How that plays into being Secretary of State, I have no idea.

I lost a lot of respect for Tillerson when caved to the enviro-wackos on climate change.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 07:34:07 pm »
I lost a lot of respect for Tillerson when caved to the enviro-wackos on climate change.

According to Senate testimony last week, Perry and Pruitt also kissed the Climate Change ring, maybe it's for the whacko's consumption only.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 09:05:06 pm »
It really is beneficial to actually read his speech in this 'cave'. 
http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/company/news-and-updates/speeches/strengthening-global-energy-security

Before one get carried away on condemnation on a major oil company's 'cave', one has to recall that this speech was given in DC and at the time, and for the first time in many years, the Congress and Executive were placed in the hands of the Democrats.  In his speech, his pleading to be somewhat constrained in legislation to control the climate was obvious.  Those who were sympathetic to businesses were not in a position of power.

This is not so much a 'cave' but to seek moderation in what must have been a very tough time for an energy company to try to influence legislation by a business-hostile government seeking to punish.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington