Author Topic: Obama's Last Day: Guess who was left unpardoned!  (Read 1223 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Obama's Last Day: Guess who was left unpardoned!
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:08:22 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/guess_who_was_left_unpardoned.html

Russ Vaughn

Obama has left town, and guess whom he has left holding the proverbial bag for possible criminality occurring during his presidency?  If you guess Hillary Clinton – and, by extension, her husband, her aide Huma Abedin, and her lawyer Cheryl Mills, among many others who hitched their wagons to the Clinton star – you’re right on the money.

Imagine the ominous sense of impending doom that must be spreading through the Clinton domain as all of them realize that they have lost forever the umbrella of protection from prosecution that a last-minute pardon from a friendly president of their own political party would have afforded them.  They now all stand fully exposed to the elements of criminal prosecution that they had thought themselves immune to during an Obama presidency followed by a Clinton election victory.

Wouldn’t you love to hear some of the phone conversations going on right now within that former empire?  John Podesta’s email revelations likely pale in significance compared to those email conversations underway even as you read this.  You say they couldn’t possibly be that stupid?  Remember, these are liberal Democrat operatives who have already demonstrated their limited grasp of and regard for cyber-security, so don’t be so sure.  What you can rest assured of is that there are a number of those operatives whose minds are working furiously to determine what they can do to save themselves – not their bosses, but themselves.  Surely the FBI agents who have an open investigation into Clinton corruption are at this moment sifting through their perp profiles to determine who will best respond to offers of immunity for cooperation.

Friday, the 20th of January, 2017 has to be a very dark day within the Clinton realm.  Don’t you just love it?

Thomas Lifson adds:

President Trump also has pardon power.  That gives him a lot of bargaining leverage if he ever decides to exercise his artistic skills in deal-making with the Clinton machine.

Online corbe

Re: Obama's Last Day: Guess who was left unpardoned!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:22 pm »
  Maybe he figures he has enough of his career flunkies in the Justice dept to protect him.

Paid off my $20 debt to the kitty, I was wrong, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:23:03 pm »
Somebody more knowledgable in this area can maybe help me out. Can the president issue a preemptive pardon? Hills has yet to be convicted of something. Also, I though before receiving a pardon one must have served a portion of one's sentence.
I stand with Roosgirl.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »
You can't pardon people who haven't been charged with anything, right?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 04:41:02 pm »
Somebody more knowledgable in this area can maybe help me out. Can the president issue a preemptive pardon? Hills has yet to be convicted of something. Also, I though before receiving a pardon one must have served a portion of one's sentence.

Was Nixon charged before Ford pardoned him?  My memory of that era is a bit  fuzzy.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:06:15 pm »
   NO, on the Nixon question, there was no Grand Jury called, therefore - No Indictment, therefore No Coviction and he was never Impeached as some now say.  Ford pardoned him 'To help the Country Heal', therefore the precedent has been set.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
Surprisingly Mumia won't be celebrating Christmas at home this year either.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 05:12:42 pm »
Was Nixon charged before Ford pardoned him?  My memory of that era is a bit  fuzzy.

Yes! Ford did pardon him.  And that was that. The pardon was never tested in court.  If the matter had been pursued through legal channels who knows what the result would have been. There was never any attempt to pursue criminal charges that I am aware of.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:03:52 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 06:49:19 pm »
  I stand corrected @Bigun

Nixon charged with first of three articles of impeachment

On this day in 1974, (July 24) the House of Representatives charges President Richard M. Nixon with the first of three articles of impeachment for obstruction of justice after he refused to release White House tape recordings that contained crucial information regarding the Watergate scandal.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/nixon-charged-with-first-of-three-articles-of-impeachment

@Bigun @corbe

History.com is wrong.  The House Judiciary Committee recommended three articles of impeachment to the House, the first of which was on that day (July 27, 1974), but he resigned before the House itself could take up the matter.  See http://watergate.info/impeachment and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_process_against_Richard_Nixon for more info and sources.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 06:53:59 pm »
   NO, on the Nixon question, there was no Grand Jury called, therefore - No Indictment, therefore No Coviction and he was never Impeached as some now say.  Ford pardoned him 'To help the Country Heal', therefore the precedent has been set.

And thanks to that, we got stuck with Jimmy Carter.  Ford wins if he doesn't pardon Nixon.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »
And thanks to that, we got stuck with Jimmy Carter.  Ford wins if he doesn't pardon Nixon.

That is correct!  There were never any criminal charges in the case at all!

I'm going to go back and try to correct my earlier post as I think I see where the confusion is arising from.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 07:10:22 pm »
  I stand corrected @Bigun
Nixon charged with first of three articles of impeachment   

No, Nixon was not impeached by the House @corbe   Articles of Impeachment passed in Committee. Nixon resigned before the Committee's Articles were voted on by the full House, so there was no indictment (charges).

In 1974, the House Judiciary Committee recommended Articles of Impeachment to the full House of Representatives, but Nixon resigned before the House voted on the Articles. Hence, Nixon was not impeached during the Watergate scandal.

http://watergate.info/impeachment 

On July 27, 29, and 30, 1974, the Committee approved three articles of impeachment against Nixon, for obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of Congress, and reported those articles to the House of Representatives.  Before the House could vote on the impeachment resolutions, Nixon made public one of the additional conversations, known as the "Smoking Gun Tape", which made clear his complicity in the cover-up. With his political support completed eroded, Nixon resigned from office on August 9, 1974. It is widely believed that had Nixon not resigned, his impeachment by the House and removal from office by a trial before the United States Senate would have occurred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:47 pm »
I hope that the investigations into the Clinton Crime Family continue and someday they will pay for their many crimes.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 07:16:12 pm »
I hope that the investigations into the Clinton Crime Family continue and someday they will pay for their many crimes.

I'm praying for that.

But, even if they don't pay in this life, they WILL pay.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 07:34:35 pm »

Ford pardoned Nixon.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 08:14:21 pm »
Yes! Ford did pardon him.  And that was that. The pardon was never tested in court.  If the matter had been pursued through legal channels who knows what the result would have been. There was never any attempt to pursue criminal charges that I am aware of.

Exactly, there is a precedent, but whether or not that would stand up in court we don't know.