Author Topic: Inauguration Schedule: Times & Events For President-Elect Donald Trump  (Read 1124 times)

Offline libertybele

Very sad.  I haven't heard of the majority of the performers.

Inauguration Schedule: Times & Events For President-Elect Donald Trump

Thursday, Jan. 19

Voices of the People — 10:35 am ET at the Lincoln Memorial

Groups from around the country applied to perform at this event. High school marching bands and fire department musical groups are among the performers beginning the inauguration festivities.

Wreath Laying Ceremony — 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET at Arlington National Cemetery

At this private ceremony, the President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-Elect Mike Pence will lay a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown in honor of fallen soldiers.

The Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration — 4 p.m. ET at the Lincoln Memorial

This special concert will feature an appearance from the President-elect himself as well as Jon Voight and musical acts 3 Doors Down, Lee Greenwood among others. Military bands will also participate in the the celebration, broadcast to the entire nation and ending with a fireworks show by Grucci.

Friday, Jan. 20

The Inauguration Ceremony — 11:30 a.m. ET on the west side of the Capitol building

The main event in which Donald Trump is sworn in is open to the general public.  Faith leaders from different denominations of Christianity and one Rabbi will participate in the ceremony.

Opening remarks will begin at 11:30am. The official swearing-in ceremony will take place at noon.

The Inaugural Luncheon — following the ceremony inside the Capitol building

Congress will host a private luncheon for honorees inside the Capitol building. During one of President Obama’s luncheons, singer John Legend made a guest appearance to the delight of many congresspeople.

The Inaugural Parade — 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Pennsylvania Ave.

A parade will follow the ceremony with over 8,000 participants. The official inauguration website says the performers represent “forty organizations including high school and university marching bands, equestrian corps, first responders, and veterans groups.”

Liberty and Freedom: The Official Presidential Inaugural Balls — 7 p.m. ET at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center

These two balls will be held in the same building at the same time, but don’t be fooled–they’re on different floors. There will be special appearances by Sam Moore, Tim Rushlow and his Big Band, Silhouettes, The Rockettes, Pelican212, The Piano Guys, Circus 1903, Cache Olson, Lexi Walker, and Erin Boheme. These balls are open to the public but require a ticket to get in.

The Salute to Our Armed Services Ball — 7 p.m. ET at the National Building Museum

This ball is private and for families involved in the armed forces. Tony Orlando and Josh Weathers will perform.

In addition to these official balls, various organizations will host post-inauguration events in the D.C. area.

Saturday, Jan. 21

Interfaith Prayer Service — 10 a.m. at Washington’s National Cathedral

The national prayer service, started by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1933, is a private event.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/nauguration-schedule-time-events-president-donald-trump-1201963142/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:56:55 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Inauguration Schedule: Times & Events For President-Elect Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:11:55 pm »
When is the Interfaith Orgy with Eastern European hookers?

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 07:18:50 pm »

That follows the golden showers in the Rose Garden.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 07:49:33 pm »

That's taking place at Bammy's new place tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:50:25 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:57:40 pm »
@libertybele

Very sad.  I haven't heard of the majority of the performers.

Meh.  Republicans usually don't get good entertainers. 

Should've put Dana Loesch in charge of it...like she said, she would have tried for some metal bands.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:03:12 pm »
That's taking place at Bammy's new place tomorrow night.

That's a different party. Obama's party is strictly young men only.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »
@libertybele

Meh.  Republicans usually don't get good entertainers. 

Should've put Dana Loesch in charge of it...like she said, she would have tried for some metal bands.

He could probably get KISS to perform, but KISS sucks.

Maybe Ted Nugent...
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 12:10:58 am »
He could probably get KISS to perform, but KISS sucks.

Maybe Ted Nugent...

@Just Victor

Kid Rock, too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:13:46 am »
I wonder if the boycotting Congress Critters will show up for lunch?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 01:31:33 am »
   Friday, Jan. 20

Prior to The Inauguration Ceremony — 08:30 a.m. ET get new tan

Seriously?? 

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 01:38:03 am »
  I thought it was funny, but it's your thread and I don't want to poop on it, cause I like you @libertybele  so I removed mine, removing yours will erase it forever.  Peace
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 01:42:10 am »
  I thought it was funny, but it's your thread and I don't want to poop on it, cause I like you @libertybele  so I removed mine, removing yours will erase it forever.  Peace

You took my comment the wrong way.  I wasn't quite prepared to see Trump in the buff ... seriously...last thing on my mind!  :silly: