Author Topic: CNN reportedly asks for access to Inauguration event, gets curt note on why they won’t get it instead  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
CNN got an epic smackdown when it requested press passes to cover the highly anticipated DeploraBall, a pro-Trump inauguration party being held tonight at the National Press Club.

MAGA 3X, the group that organized the DeploraBall, posted a blistering response to CNN, saying its press application was rejected because of the network’s history of biased news coverage.

The group said it had issued press passes to other liberal media outlets like the New Yorker and New York Magazine, but thought CNN didn’t deserve to cover the event.

Read the article here:  http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/01/19/cnn-reportedly-asks-access-inauguration-event-gets-curt-note-wont-get-instead-437325
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:02:30 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@txradioguy, they're not listening to you....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Heads are exploding!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yippee Ki Yay....MF!     :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline beandog

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yippee Ki Yay....MF!     :smokin:

Hopefully they don't back down.  This is not Trump's doing, BTW, it's a group putting on the main ball....
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy, they're not listening to you....

It's going to really bite the administration in the ass. But hey...some people need to learn the hard way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Thankfully, they are not. :laugh:

I'm sorry your experience in media and journalism is what exactly?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline corbe

http://www.splicetoday.com/politics-and-media/deploraball-s-purge-of-alt-right-aimed-at-mainstreaming-american-nationalist-movement

<..snip..>

Perhaps the DeploraBall will mark the return of the alt-right to marginalized status after a brief period of elation following Trump’s election and his appointment of Steve Bannon as a key strategy advisor. After the video of the NPI Nazi salutes surfaced, Trump disavowed the alt-right. Their favorite word is “cuck,” but they’re now calling natural ally Mike Cernovich (180,000 Twitter followers), who also loves calling people that, a “cuck” himself. Something’s amiss. It’s easy to garner a little notoriety as a bunch of anonymous wiseasses online, but yet another matter to make a move in the direction of the mainstream once your man gets elected President. Even Bannon has slapped their wrists, stating that there’s no place for anti-Semitism or racism within the alt-right. Just because you were useful in getting a candidate elected doesn’t guarantee you won’t be discarded after the victory if risks outweigh benefits.

Milo Yiannopoulos was brought in to DeploraBall soon after Baked Alaska got dumped. He, like Cernovich, has denied being a member of the alt-right. The Breitbart provocateur is too savvy and career-oriented to go much beyond the flirtation stage with them. DeploraBall may in time come to be seen as the American nationalists’ Night of the Long Knives, which marked Hitler’s purging of the Nazi Party’s undesirables. Richard Spencer and those of his ilk can’t accurately be called conservatives, as they don’t even believe in the U.S. Constitution. Their allegiances lie elsewhere. Now they’re bitter and talking of “revolt,” but there’s not much they can do at this point. Trump is still the best president they can hope for. Cernovich, Yiannopoulos, and Infowar’s Paul Joseph Watson are poised to become some of the more visible faces of the American nationalist movement. They have a better understanding of where the boundaries are. The liberal media thinks the term “alt-right” is too sanitized and is looking for a replacement. On the right, the pragmatic Trumpists are more concerned with keeping them at arm’s length. Their dream is only possible through an ethnic cleansing
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's going to really bite the administration in the ass. But hey...some people need to learn the hard way.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  It's not the administration, it's the group putting on the ball.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  It's not the administration, it's the group putting on the ball.

But honestly do you think it wasn't done in co-ordination with the incoming administration or their representatives?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But honestly do you think it wasn't done in co-ordination with the incoming administration or their representatives?

It has the look and feel of a trial balloon, to see what they can get away with.  I am sure there's Bannon's fingers in there somewhere, making a shot across the bow.  I think denying press credentials for a Ball is not as severe as denying credentials for something that's really news.

At the end of the day, they'll all make up.  I'm positive Bannon knows as well as you and I do that they're playing a dangerous game.  This is a matter of setting the terms of the relationship.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:40:30 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It has the look and feel of a trial balloon, to see what they can get away with.  I am sure there's Bannon's fingers in there somewhere, making a shot across the bow.  I think denying press credentials for a Ball is not as severe as denying credentials for something that's really news.

At the end of the day, they'll all make up.  I'm positive Bannon knows as well as you and I do that they're playing a dangerous game.  This is a matter of setting the terms of the relationship.

I hope you're right and they won't cross the line they are tip toeing on.

The more they hear accolades from the rah-rah brigade the more they will be tempted to cross the line and start denying media that they seem "unsuitable" press credentials for more important events.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hope you're right and they won't cross the line they are tip toeing on.

The more they hear accolades from the rah-rah brigade the more they will be tempted to cross the line and start denying media that they seem "unsuitable" press credentials for more important events.

Yeah, I hope I'm correct too.  I was paying attention to yesterday's discussion on the matter, but I also know this is like a game to Trump.  He's been surprising me with the stuff he's gotten away with so far.  By normal measures, his candidacy should have been a great big crater in the ground, yet here he is.  Just over 24 hours away from taking office.

Added:  Yes, they're tip-toing to the line, but they are also trying to move the line to where they want it.  Hadn't seen that done before, so that's why I'm popping corn.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:49:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic...unknown
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

CNN ought to do some investigative journalism.

Pose as wait staff and record everything with button cameras/microphones.

Report as they will.

If the ball committee complains afterwards... well, that's after the fact.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Report as they will.

Good idea.  Let them see how the other half lives.  What you described has been the only way sides of the story not approved by CNN ever get out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
CNN put up a piece today musing on what would happen if Trump and Pence got killed at the ceremony.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:13:02 pm by don-o »

Offline skeeter

Report as they will.

Then the organizers can sue CNN like ACORN sued James O'Keefe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hopefully they don't back down.  This is not Trump's doing, BTW, it's a group putting on the main ball....

Yes, and calling it an "inauguration event" makes it seem like it is an official, Trump-sponsored ball.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, and calling it an "inauguration event" makes it seem like it is an official, Trump-sponsored ball.

One would think with a name like "DeploraBall" people would get that...
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One would think with a name like "DeploraBall" people would get that...

Yes, but many on the left think he is the devil incarnate and would expect this from him.

HonestJohn

Then the organizers can sue CNN like ACORN sued James O'Keefe.

So let me understand this right.

You're saying that James O'Keefe was wrong to do what he did?

Offline skeeter

So let me understand this right.

You're saying that James O'Keefe was wrong to do what he did?

You're way off.

Offline Frank Cannon

Report as they will.

LOL. Are you for real? Investigative journolism from CNN? They have had all their pieces scripted by the DNC since 1984. They are not going to do shit.