Author Topic: Syrian woman confronts John McCain for supporting the continuation of Syrias civil war. He can barely look at her.  (Read 1446 times)

rangerrebew

Syrian woman confronts John McCain for supporting the continuation of Syrias civil war. He can barely look at her.
私は小さなクルド人です

https://twitter.com/KGBVeteran/status/821774266777608192
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:48:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Great find. I hope that Trump will do what he can to marginalize  him. He is a menace.

And that goes for his little lap dog too. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Let's see, Trump criticized Russia's interventionism in Syria and said they helped create a humanitarian crisis per his direct words.

http://www.rferl.org/a/trump-wants-nuclear-deal-russia-criticizes-syria-involvement/28234741.html

I guess we are going to see this woman's opinion on that too?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Maybe Trump hasn't got the briefing about USA arming jihadis?

Offline TomSea

Hezbollah is on the side of Assad, helped bomb 250 Marines in Beirut, with the Senior Assad's assistance likely, Assad, allied with the Iranians whom helped kill coalition soldiers in Iraq. I have little sympathy for them.

Hezbollah firing missiles into Israel, the list goes on and on.

Offline The_Reader_David

Hezbollah is on the side of Assad, helped bomb 250 Marines in Beirut, with the Senior Assad's assistance likely, Assad, allied with the Iranians whom helped kill coalition soldiers in Iraq. I have little sympathy for them.

Hezbollah firing missiles into Israel, the list goes on and on.

And Al Qaeda is on the side of Al Nusra, launched the 9/11 attacks and numerous other attacks, the Daesh (ISIS) is responsible for numerous attacks on Western interests and atrocities compared with which the Assads, pere et fils, are simply garden variety tyrants.

The Assads, brutes that they are, protect religious minorities, Christian included, from the murderous enthusiasms of the Sunnis shown in the activities of Al Qaeda and the Daesh, and in anti-Christian pogroms back in Ottoman times.  And in that, nasty as they are, they are better than the other likely victors in the armed conflict and almost certainly better than the Sunni (not secular democratic, Sunni theocratic) government that would result that a one man, one vote, once election would install.

McCain, from all evidence I've seen, regards the murder of Orthodox Christians as a feature rather than a bug in American policies that have that result.  He was visibly angered at Orthodox Christians testifying against American policy in Syria before a Senate committee, is one of the most vicious anti-Serb voices in the Senate on Balkans policy, and exhibits an almost pathological Russophobia (as if it was Russian-ness, rather than Communism, that was the cause of his torment in the Vietnamese POW camp).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mountaineer

So there are no good guys in this Syrian civil war, I take it? The U.S. has been at war every single day of the Odumbo presidency and stuck its nose in far too many internal conflicts.  I just hope Trump will end that practice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline The_Reader_David

So there are no good guys in this Syrian civil war, I take it? The U.S. has been at war every single day of the Odumbo presidency and stuck its nose in far too many internal conflicts.  I just hope Trump will end that practice.

Yup. No good guys.  Though from my point of view, the Assad regime is actually the least-bad guys in the sorry mess.  My Patriarch, John X, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, has his cathedral and offices in Damascus, where they've been, rather than in Antioch, which is now in Turkey, since the Mameluke era. I have no desire to see him exiled by a successor regime less friendly to Christians.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:43:45 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

Syrian woman confronts John McCain for supporting the continuation of Syrias civil war. He can barely look at her.
私は小さなクルド人です

https://twitter.com/KGBVeteran/status/821774266777608192

Excellent posting. Tucker Carlson kinda took down Lindsay Graham in a far less dramatic but similar manner. Graham was less than convincing in his response. I'm glad people are catching on.

Whatever the motive is for these senators they are obviously being disingenuous and they need to be stripped of the authority to pursue this particular foreign policy ASAP. Before they do any more damage.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:46:18 pm by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

Thanks, David. I have no use for McCain or any politician's disdain for Orthodox Christians. My husband is of Serbian descent and has many family members who are Orthodox. Clinton's bombing of Serb churches on Easter Sunday is not forgotten by them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Let's see, Trump criticized Russia's interventionism in Syria and said they helped create a humanitarian crisis per his direct words.

http://www.rferl.org/a/trump-wants-nuclear-deal-russia-criticizes-syria-involvement/28234741.html

I guess we are going to see this woman's opinion on that too?

You seem to have less sympathy for christians persecuted in Syria than you do those in Iraq. Whats the difference?

Offline TomSea

And Al Qaeda is on the side of Al Nusra, launched the 9/11 attacks and numerous other attacks, the Daesh (ISIS) is responsible for numerous attacks on Western interests and atrocities compared with which the Assads, pere et fils, are simply garden variety tyrants.

The Assads, brutes that they are, protect religious minorities, Christian included, from the murderous enthusiasms of the Sunnis shown in the activities of Al Qaeda and the Daesh, and in anti-Christian pogroms back in Ottoman times.  And in that, nasty as they are, they are better than the other likely victors in the armed conflict and almost certainly better than the Sunni (not secular democratic, Sunni theocratic) government that would result that a one man, one vote, once election would install.

McCain, from all evidence I've seen, regards the murder of Orthodox Christians as a feature rather than a bug in American policies that have that result.  He was visibly angered at Orthodox Christians testifying against American policy in Syria before a Senate committee, is one of the most vicious anti-Serb voices in the Senate on Balkans policy, and exhibits an almost pathological Russophobia (as if it was Russian-ness, rather than Communism, that was the cause of his torment in the Vietnamese POW camp).

I know people don't listen to this court's opinion but I know Joseph Lieberman does and his opinion carries weight with me.

U.S. DISTRICT COURT RULES IRAN BEHIND 9/11 ATTACKS
http://www.iran911case.com/

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/us-court-orders-iran-syria-to-pay-178m-compensation-for-death-of-baby-in-2014-jerusalem-terror-attack/2017/01/12/
US Court order Iran and Syria to pay 178 million compensation for death of baby in 2014

Maybe under Trump we will find out more about this; but until we do, arbitrarily blaming Sunnis for ISIS isn't going to work for me.

Aleppo were rebels, they were thrown out of Aleppo.

ISIS was in Palmyra, now they are back in Palmyra, is there some reason why the gist of the Iranian/Syrian/Russian war is not against ISIS?

Offline TomSea

The Assads, brutes that they are, protect religious minorities, Christian included, from the murderous enthusiasms of the Sunnis shown in the activities of Al Qaeda and the Daesh, and in anti-Christian pogroms back in Ottoman times.

So Syria, the Assad dynasty, attacked Lebanon, a largely Christian nation in the '80s?

Why are there Christians like George Sabra among the recognized opposition in Syria if it were that simple? Why don't we hear about  Christians in Lebanon saying we must support Assad? Why do Armenian Christians in Syria refuse to endorse Assad?

Christians are more like a pawn.

Saying Assad protects Christians which obviously there are many cases, showing he hasn't; is an argument that benefits the Assad administration and perpetuates the war. It likely puts Christians in danger.

Offline TomSea

Most Syrian Christians Aren’t Backing Assad (or the Rebels)

20 December 2016
Georges Fahmi

Associate Fellow, Middle East and North Africa Programme

Contrary to perception, a majority of Christians in Syria have no definite political position in the current struggle.
- See more at: https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/comment/most-syrian-christians-aren-t-backing-assad-or-rebels#sthash.BIlZmUVf.dpuf

DAMASCUS, SYRIA (Worthy News)-- Using the Twitter social networking site, Lebanon's March 14 General Secretariat Coordinator warned Christians that backing President Bashar al-Assad would backfire on their own communities, according to NOW news.
- https://www.worthynews.com/12749-christians-warned-not-to-support-assad

Logistics is, if we use the Sunni bogeyman, if Syria has a population of 24 million, then, Assad needs to kill all Sunnis, about 15 million. Fine if one sees that as a possibility, I think there are other options.

Obama messed up Egypt but that was a country that before the Muslim Brotherhood took control, had a Christian community that was largely non-persecuted.

Guess what too? Christians are apparently always persecuted over in the Middle East but it definitely became more severe after the Coalition invasion of Iraq, an invasion I don't argue with; but we didn't protect Christians.

Seems I hear some voices saying that invasion was a good idea but we needed a lot bigger force.

I don't seem to hear the same criticisms of that invasion.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:07:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Thanks, David. I have no use for McCain or any politician's disdain for Orthodox Christians. My husband is of Serbian descent and has many family members who are Orthodox. Clinton's bombing of Serb churches on Easter Sunday is not forgotten by them.

Exactly, glad to see the Bush administration is criticized as much for the persecution of Christians ramped up after the Iraq invasion. At least people are consistent.

Offline TomSea

You seem to have less sympathy for christians persecuted in Syria than you do those in Iraq. Whats the difference?

Let's prove the Christians in Syria are uniformly supporting Assad before we start casting accusations at others. They are pawns in this.

Using your logic and applied to you, I should say "seems like you have more sympathy for Iranians and Syrians who have helped kill American troops" which is very obvious. Iranians run Syria, General Soleimani runs the roost, just websearch "Soleimani US Soldiers" and see what you find.

An Official Number: 196 American Soldiers Dead In Iraq Because Of Iranian IEDs
Photo of Jonah Bennett
Jonah Ben

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/09/officials-blew-estimate-of-how-many-american-soldiers-have-been-killed-by-iranian-ieds/#ixzz4WKT4wgVn

Awaiting whatever insults you can engender again. If this is not a serious conversation but rather about insults, count me out.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:48:49 pm by TomSea »

geronl