Poll

Could You Use Your Personally Owned Weapon To Stop An Attack If You Saw It Happening?

Yes
18 (94.7%)
No
0 (0%)
Only If The Attacker Was A Direct Threat To My Family
1 (5.3%)
I Don't Believe In Owning A Gun
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Could You Do It?  (Read 6568 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Could You Do It?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 01:46:13 am »
Does anyone have one of the insurance policies they offer to protect you in case you are ever in a situation where you have to pull the trigger?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 01:49:23 am »
What do you think about lasers?

I have one on my carry pistol but it is one that I  can turn on and off at will. No pressure pad that turns it on anytime I  grip the weapon.

Great for shooting frm positions where you can't see the sights but not much else.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:59:44 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 02:02:08 am »
What do you think about lasers?

I like them. I can see their usefulness especially on short barrel guns where accuracy might be an issue.

I prefer to learn to shoot accurately with the iron sights first then add optics afterwards.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 02:02:44 am »
Does anyone have one of the insurance policies they offer to protect you in case you are ever in a situation where you have to pull the trigger?

I've given that a lot of consideration but can't justify it given tne odds of me ever having to actually shoot someone at this point in my life.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 02:06:53 am »
I've given that a lot of consideration but can't justify it given tne odds of me ever having to actually shoot someone at this point in my life.

Yeah my wife and I have discussed it too. They have some that even pay your bail should you run a cross a gun hating judge or DA.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 02:10:32 am »
I like them. I can see their usefulness especially on short barrel guns where accuracy might be an issue.

I prefer to learn to shoot accurately with the iron sights first then add optics afterwards.

The advantage I see with a laser is an inexperienced shooter can get reasonable accuracy with hip shots.  A good hit on that broad side of the barn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 02:12:12 am »
For indoors in the dark, don't forget about concussive noise and blinding flash.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 02:14:20 am »
For indoors in the dark, don't forget about concussive noise and blinding flash.

All the more reason...to me anyway...to work on reflexive firing techniques and basic accuracy... you might only get one shot...literally.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 02:54:25 am »
...but you have to admit it's a hell of a thing to make that decision and turn your gun from merely a deterrent into an offensive weapon sending rounds purposely towards someone...especially when its not in a combat zone.
@txradioguy

You have two errors -
1.  It is not an "offensive" weapon if you are saving someone's life - it is still a DEFENSIVE  weapon in that situation. 
2.  If you are saving someone's life you ARE in a "combat" zone.

If you have to stop and think if you should shoot, you may be shot yourself before you decide.  You need to mentally go through the actions you would take if your or someone else's life is in danger.  If you can't do that, don't take your gun.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 03:01:09 am »
@txradioguy

You have two errors -
1.  It is not an "offensive" weapon if you are saving someone's life - it is still a DEFENSIVE  weapon in that situation. 

If you have to stop and think if you should shoot, you may be shot yourself before you decide.  You need to mentally go through the actions you would take if your or someone else's life is in danger.  If you can't do that, don't take your gun.

I get what you're saying and I agree.

I guess what i mean by an offensive weapon is you're going on the offense... you're not waiting for the attacker to come to you...youre taking the fight to the perp.

And you're right...if you have to stop and think about shooting during the engagement...you're dead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 03:38:05 am »
I'd say that's the best possible ending to a scenario like the one you were in.

Out if curiosity what do you carry?

A POS Bryco 380. I got it right when they started cracking down on Saturday Night specials. Bought it as a lark because it was so cheap brand new, but it handles well and despite what everyone says I never had it jam on me. I'd get a more adult carry piece but I have a good luck relationship with this Bryco over the last 15 years. Better than a rabbits foot.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 08:08:45 am »
None taken. I kinda had the same talk with myself before my first deployment in 1993.

I made the right decisions then and on every deployment since.

I think I was kinda curious as well to see if others had run the same conversation through their heads as well.
Oh, yeah. I have had plenty of time to run the possible 'What if?" scenarios.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:26 am »
Done it once (sans weapon). That was totally automatic.

Froze once.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 08:21:50 pm »
A POS Bryco 380. I got it right when they started cracking down on Saturday Night specials. Bought it as a lark because it was so cheap brand new, but it handles well and despite what everyone says I never had it jam on me. I'd get a more adult carry piece but I have a good luck relationship with this Bryco over the last 15 years. Better than a rabbits foot.

But is it truly a POS it it hits what you point at every time you squeeze the trigger?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:54 pm »
Oh, yeah. I have had plenty of time to run the possible 'What if?" scenarios.

I think it's human nature to do that.

Ties in with the fight or flight thing we have in our brains.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »
@txradioguy

You have two errors -

Well said, Marcella. If you are going to carry, practice pulling and firing over and over until it becomes a process rather than a thought process. The thinking part should be the decision to act and the rest should be automatic.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington