Author Topic: Nikki Haley breaks with Trump on Russia  (Read 429 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nikki Haley breaks with Trump on Russia
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »

Nikki Haley breaks with Trump on Russia

On election interference, Haley said she would make it clear to her Russian counterpart at the United Nations: 'We don’t find it acceptable.'

By Nahal Toosi

01/18/17 11:07 AM EST

Updated 01/18/17 02:26 PM EST
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Nikki Haley on Wednesday became the latest Donald Trump Cabinet nominee to break with him on how to deal with Russia — to a degree, anyway.

The South Carolina governor told senators reviewing her nomination for U.S. ambassador to the United Nations that the United States must push back against Russia's attempts to flex its muscles in places such as Ukraine and Syria, as well as its alleged interference in the U.S. election process.

Russia was one of several areas with which the governor put daylight between herself and the president-elect on Wednesday — at one point, she indirectly chided Trump for speaking dismissively of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

On Russia, Haley said, “I don’t think that we can trust them.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/nikki-haley-un-confirmation-hearing-233757
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Nikki Haley breaks with Trump on Russia
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:54:48 pm »
I'm didn't vote for Trump but this is just more BS from politico!

This is no such thing as a break from Trump!  In fact, Trump has said much the same himself and very recently IIRC!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien