Author Topic: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting  (Read 12728 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2017, 05:06:59 pm »
They just can't help themselves.

BS.  I read the thread, starting from the beginning, and you, sir, were the one to cast the first stone.  It's rather immature to then complain when people react in kind.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »
Good hope he keeps on tweeting. I didn't like it at first..and some I think he shouldn't have done , but if it puts snowflakes panties in a wad......I am all for it. We are sick and tired of MSM lying to us.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »
BS.  I read the thread, starting from the beginning, and you, sir, were the one to cast the first stone.  It's rather immature to then complain when people react in kind.

If coming into a thread and reading nothing but anti-trumpers gnashing their teeth....and me referring to them as the "Hateful Eight"....then yes.

But the meat of my post was totally on topic.   I presented reasons why I thought they were wrong.

:seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2017, 05:14:31 pm »

If coming into a thread and reading nothing but anti-trumpers gnashing their teeth....and me referring to them as the "Hateful Eight"....then yes.

But the meat of my post was totally on topic.   I presented reasons why I thought they were wrong.

Last Warning @DCPatriot    I own the ™ on "The Hateful Eight®"  Any use without my expressed written permission, is strictly prohibited.  I'll have to start charging you for fair usage!!!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2017, 05:15:50 pm »

All of them have tried and it's an SOP move. The press conference was begun with the purpose of manipulating the press. Republicans have been poor manipulators for the press being generally hostile to them.

The media should have and deserves free and open access to the President.

The media has been hostile to every President.  And there have been outlets that have always been friendly to administrations.

They aren't going to do their job any differently than they did with the previous 44 Presidents.

If you want to control how the media reports on you...you have to do the opposite of what you're thinking shod be done.

You take the arrows from their quiver by NOT limiting access.

So when they do try to lie...you shame them in front of the cameras during the daily presser by pointing out how you granted them access to (insert here).

Tony Snow was great at that...he bitch slapped David Gregory numerous times.

You close up and isolate the media you let them create the narrative instead.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:16:12 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2017, 05:18:08 pm »
If Trump and the Pubbies blow it, and lose the House in 2018, impeachment will be a certainty IMO. He'll never be convicted, as it takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate.

Can you at least wait until he's taken office before impeaching him?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2017, 05:18:55 pm »
Wed Jan 18, 2017 | 9:05am EST
One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump plans to select the media representatives who are given access to the presidential press briefing room, but will not move the room out of the White House, he said in interview with Fox News broadcast on Wednesday.

Trump, whose election campaign was punctuated by a stream of Twitter messages, also said he plans to keep tweeting when he takes office on Friday.

"Look, I don't like tweeting. I have other things I could be doing. But I get very dishonest media, very dishonest press. And it's my only way that I can counteract," said the Republican president-elect.

more
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-media-idUSKBN1521OD?il=0
I personally can't stand Trump's tweeting.  I think it makes him look silly.  BUT....he is correct in that the media is soooooooo against him.  His tweeting does tend to bypass them and get to the public unfiltered by the media.

An example....  the last 2 mornings I've had Good Morning America on as I go ready for work.  They've spend the first 15 min. each day trashing Trump.  Not just trashing, but doing it with a hatred I haven't really seen before.  Such as this morning they were reporting that GM (I think) was going to bring more jobs back into the country and that Trump had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2017, 05:19:28 pm »

Bizarre statement.

Offline flowers

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2017, 05:19:46 pm »
Obama used his personal Blackberry. So as far as not being able to use personal phones that is not true. He also has a twitter acct.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2017, 05:20:41 pm »

It's telling that you knew exactly what post I was looking at.   :seeya:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2017, 05:21:02 pm »

The media has been hostile to every President.  And there have been outlets that have always been friendly to administrations.

They aren't going to do their job any differently than they did with the previous 44 Presidents.

If you want to control how the media reports on you...you have to do the opposite of what you're thinking shod be done.

You take the arrows from their quiver by NOT limiting access.

So when they do try to lie...you shame them in front of the cameras during the daily presser by pointing out how you granted them access to (insert here).

Tony Snow was great at that...he bitch slapped David Gregory numerous times.

You close up and isolate the media you let them create the narrative instead.

Why do you think the MSM is raising unshirted hell at the possibility of this actually happening?  /snicker
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »
Obama used his personal Blackberry. So as far as not being able to use personal phones that is not true. He also has a twitter acct.

No he didn't. He lost that battle. He was issued a Govt BlackBerry and in the last couple years an iPhone.

Both had a very tight White list of approved people that could email the device.

Neither was his own personal phone.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2017, 05:31:05 pm »
No he didn't. He lost that battle. He was issued a Govt BlackBerry and in the last couple years an iPhone.

Both had a very tight White list of approved people that could email the device.

Barack Obama gets to keep his beloved BlackBerry with him in the White House for personal use, a victory for the man considered the country's first high-tech president.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said today that "a pretty small group of people" — some senior staffers and personal friends — will be permitted to have the e-mail address that reaches Obama's smartphone.

The president has been adamant about continuing to use a BlackBerry, which has Internet and e-mail access, despite concerns that likely have made the National Security Agency as nervous as the Secret Service on Inauguration Day when Obama left his presidential limo twice to walk and wave to crowds along Pennsylvania Avenue.

Gibbs said Obama's use of the BlackBerry will be limited and security will be enhanced, most likely with heavy encryption to deter information from winding up in the hands of hackers or others who would want to see harm come to him or to the United States.

He also said that the president reached a compromise to keep his cherished gadget, according to The Associated Press, although Gibbs didn't say with whom a compromise had been reached.

Gibbs said it is presumed that e-mails will be subject to the Presidential Records Act, a law that requires the National Archives to preserve presidential records.

The BlackBerry's symbolism and use is key to Obama personally. "I think he believes it’s a way of keeping in touch with folks," and not "getting stuck in a bubble," said Gibbs, who added he has received e-mails from Obama in the past that range from "very strictly business, to why did my football team perform so miserably on any given Saturday or any given Sunday? So I think he finds it an important way to continue to communicate."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28780205/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/obama-gets-keep-his-blackberry/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »

That's not true in the least. Obama kept his personal Blackberry......

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28780205/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/obama-gets-keep-his-blackberry/#.WH-mHn1mXIU

Barack Obama gets to keep his beloved BlackBerry with him in the White House for personal use, a victory for the man considered the country's first high-tech president.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said today that "a pretty small group of people" — some senior staffers and personal friends — will be permitted to have the e-mail address that reaches Obama's smartphone.

The president has been adamant about continuing to use a BlackBerry, which has Internet and e-mail access, despite concerns that likely have made the National Security Agency as nervous as the Secret Service on Inauguration Day when Obama left his presidential limo twice to walk and wave to crowds along Pennsylvania Avenue.

Oceander

« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2017, 05:32:04 pm »

Nope.  The blackberry was govt issued and, as far as I know, the twitter account is run by staff as a formal outlet, not a personal means of insulting, casting aspersions, and settling grudges.  That truly sets Orange Julius apart. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

President Barack Obama was the first leader of the free world to use a Blackberry, but he's fallen behind the cutting edge of mobile technology after almost eight years in office.

Only this year did the president get a smartphone, owing to security concerns about keeping hackers and foreign agents out. But if you wonder why Obama hasn't become one of those texting, Snapchatting, tweeting politicians who seem all too common in 2016, it's not for lack of desire. At least not completely.

It seems the smartphone that the president received, which he didn't identify, isn't as smart as the typical device anyone else can buy in a local Verizon Wireless store, as the president mentioned to talk show host Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/10/president-obamas-new-smartphone-is-more-like-a-toddler-phone/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2017, 05:35:51 pm »
Nope.  The blackberry was govt issued and, as far as I know, the twitter account is run by staff as a formal outlet, not a personal means of insulting, casting aspersions, and settling grudges.  That truly sets Orange Julius apart.

You guys just roll out from under a rock?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/us/politics/23berry.html

There is one addiction President Obama will not have to kick: his BlackBerry.

For more than two months, Mr. Obama has been waging a vigorous battle with his handlers to keep his BlackBerry, which like millions of other Americans he has relied upon for years to stay connected with friends and advisers. (And, of course, to get Chicago White Sox scores.)

He won the fight, aides disclosed Thursday, but the privilege of becoming the nation’s first e-mailing president comes with a specific set of rules.

“The president has a BlackBerry through a compromise that allows him to stay in touch with senior staff and a small group of personal friends,” said Robert Gibbs, his spokesman, “in a way that use will be limited and that the security is enhanced to ensure his ability to communicate.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2017, 05:44:46 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28780205/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/obama-gets-keep-his-blackberry/

I knew that's where you'd go.

But you missed something critical that backs up 100% what I've been saying.

Obama made headlines when he took office in 2009 and got to keep his Blackberry mobile phone, though after undisclosed modifications were made to strengthen its security features. And the president was only permitted to email a small group of friends and senior aides via the device.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+loses+battle+to+keep+personal+blackberry&oq=obama+loses+battle+to+keep+personal+bkackberry&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33.12602j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=2

Assuming...and it's a BIG assumption...that he was allowed to keep the same device he walked into the WH with...the only thing that was still "his" phone was the shell. The common techs wiped it...installed the Govt version of the BBOS (in this case version 7) with all of the security measures applied to ANY government phone.

No camera...no social media (which includes Twitter) ..no search engines...extremely limited and monitored email and text lists...all vetted and approved by WH security experts.

The same steps were taken when the BlackBerry was swapped for an iPhone.

And FWIW...the times I've had a Govt BlackBerry...its been referred to as my personal BlackBerry because I was signed for it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:45:28 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »
You guys just roll out from under a rock?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/us/politics/23berry.html

There is one addiction President Obama will not have to kick: his BlackBerry.

For more than two months, Mr. Obama has been waging a vigorous battle with his handlers to keep his BlackBerry, which like millions of other Americans he has relied upon for years to stay connected with friends and advisers. (And, of course, to get Chicago White Sox scores.)

He won the fight, aides disclosed Thursday, but the privilege of becoming the nation’s first e-mailing president comes with a specific set of rules.

“The president has a BlackBerry through a compromise that allows him to stay in touch with senior staff and a small group of personal friends,” said Robert Gibbs, his spokesman, “in a way that use will be limited and that the security is enhanced to ensure his ability to communicate.”

Nope. See my post above.

Believe it or not I do know what I'm talking about with this

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2017, 05:50:24 pm »
If not for me....this place would be a ghost town.   Except for your circle-jerks.

Wow.

You are full of yourself and your own self-importance beyond measure.

No wonder you love Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2017, 05:51:25 pm »
It's telling that you knew exactly what post I was looking at.   :seeya:

No, my 'friend'.

You want to know what's "telling"?

What's telling is that for over a year and a half, when anti-Trumpers in here continuously used the collective term to insult Trump Supporters as a group...whenever an individual Trump supporter confronted them over the insults...they were dog-packed into a GD safe space...so as not to have a civil war on the forum.

For example, we had "St. Joan of TBR" continuously deny that she hated anyone, but her posts always referred to us...and continued into the present as morally deficient....not up to her standards.

You get the picture here, @Cyber Liberty ?

Here, I refer to the anti's as a group...the "Hateful Eight"...(sorry, @Wingnut  :laugh:), and the individuals are given the green light and a 'Papal' Blessing to conduct open season on me.  And then I'm the bad guy for responding.

I'm supposed to bend over and take it, right?

Soon as I kick somebody in the balls (sorry, @Night Hides Not .... although, you're the epitome of hypocrisy in the way you selectively complain around here.)

THEN.... it's something different to the lot of you.

It's quite revealing, IMO.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2017, 05:53:00 pm »
I knew that's where you'd go.

But you missed something critical that backs up 100% what I've been saying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+loses+battle+to+keep+personal+blackberry&oq=obama+loses+battle+to+keep+personal+bkackberry&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33.12602j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=2

Assuming...and it's a BIG assumption...that he was allowed to keep the same device he walked into the WH with...the only thing that was still "his" phone was the shell. The common techs wiped it...installed the Govt version of the BBOS (in this case version 7) with all of the security measures applied to ANY government phone.

No camera...no social media (which includes Twitter) ..no search engines...extremely limited and monitored email and text lists...all vetted and approved by WH security experts.

The same steps were taken when the BlackBerry was swapped for an iPhone.

And FWIW...the times I've had a Govt BlackBerry...its been referred to as my personal BlackBerry because I was signed for it.

You're stretching like hell here to argue your losing point. The Blackberry was Obama's PERSONAL Blackberry just like Flowers stated. It was not Govt' issued because the Govt' didn't issue Blackberries to Presidents. This Blackberry Obama kept WASN'T for Govt' business. It was SOLELY for his own PERSONAL communications. The Govt' did strengthen it's security, but it was for Obama chatting with his pals off Govt' channels.........making it personal. He kept his personal Blackberry.

As for the IPhone, he just got that a 6 months ago and not a couple years ago.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »
I've had enough DC...knock it off and I mean it..I don't have the patience for this today.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2017, 05:55:42 pm »
You're stretching like hell here to argue your losing point. The Blackberry was Obama's PERSONAL Blackberry just like Flowers stated. It was not Govt' issued because the Govt' didn't issue Blackberries to Presidents. This Blackberry Obama kept WASN'T for Govt' business. It was SOLELY for his own PERSONAL communications. The Govt' did strengthen it's security, but it was for Obama chatting with his pals off Govt' channels.........making it personal. He kept his personal Blackberry.

As for the IPhone, he just got that a 6 months ago and not a couple years ago.

I will guaran-damn-tee you that President Trump will be able to keep his tweeting on his own damned phone.

Who's gonna stop him?    :silly: