Author Topic: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting  (Read 12829 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2017, 05:56:31 pm »
I've had enough DC...knock it off and I mean it..I don't have the patience for this today.

Whatever you say.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2017, 05:57:16 pm »
I've had enough DC...knock it off and I mean it..I don't have the patience for this today.

You need to start drinking at 8 in the morning like I started doing. Makes your day go smoother.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »

What's telling is that for over a year and a half, when anti-Trumpers in here continuously used the collective term to insult Trump Supporters as a group...whenever an individual Trump supporter confronted them over the insults...they were dog-packed into a GD safe space...so as not to have a civil war on the forum.

Pure unadulterated BULLSH*T!

YOU PEOPLE DEMANDED YOUR SAFE SPACES HERE!

You people started "Pro-Trump Only" threads on this board because you people could not handle any criticism of your anointed!

You weren't dog-packed against your wills to be thrown into your own cages - YOU PEOPLE CHOSE THAT FOR YOURSELVES.  You demanded an echo chamber without tolerating any dissent or criticism of your prince.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline flowers

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2017, 06:02:35 pm »
I knew that's where you'd go.

But you missed something critical that backs up 100% what I've been saying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+loses+battle+to+keep+personal+blackberry&oq=obama+loses+battle+to+keep+personal+bkackberry&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33.12602j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=2

Assuming...and it's a BIG assumption...that he was allowed to keep the same device he walked into the WH with...the only thing that was still "his" phone was the shell. The common techs wiped it...installed the Govt version of the BBOS (in this case version 7) with all of the security measures applied to ANY government phone.

No camera...no social media (which includes Twitter) ..no search engines...extremely limited and monitored email and text lists...all vetted and approved by WH security experts.

The same steps were taken when the BlackBerry was swapped for an iPhone.

And FWIW...the times I've had a Govt BlackBerry...its been referred to as my personal BlackBerry because I was signed for it.

no it does not back up what you are saying...

WASHINGTON — There is one addiction President Obama will not have to kick: his BlackBerry.

For more than two months, Mr. Obama has been waging a vigorous battle with his handlers to keep his BlackBerry, which like millions of other Americans he has relied upon for years to stay connected with friends and advisers. (And, of course, to get Chicago White Sox scores.)

He won the fight, aides disclosed Thursday, but the privilege of becoming the nation’s first e-mailing president comes with a specific set of rules.

“The president has a BlackBerry through a compromise that allows him to stay in touch with senior staff and a small group of personal friends,” said Robert Gibbs, his spokesman, “in a way that use will be limited and that the security is enhanced to ensure his ability to communicate.”

First, only a select circle of people will have his address, creating a true hierarchy for who makes the cut and who does not.

Second, anyone placed on the A-list to receive his e-mail address must first receive a briefing from the White House counsel’s office.

Third, messages from the president will be designed so they cannot be forwarded.

The battle over whether the president could keep his BlackBerry has been fueled to a large degree by Mr. Obama himself, who mentioned it again and again. He would not take no for an answer. In an interview this month, he worried aloud, “They’re going to pry it out of my hands.”

Mr. Obama received his BlackBerry on Tuesday, but officials declined to specify what kind. In a conversation with reporters on Thursday evening, he said, “I don’t think it’s actually up and running yet.”

from your link

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »
The media should have and deserves free and open access to the President.
They aren't going to do their job any differently than they did with the previous 44 Presidents.

Did you have a straight face while you typed this tripe?  Have you missed everything that's gone on in and with the media/press these past 18 months, or do you simply agree with it?   @txradioguy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2017, 06:04:20 pm »
You're stretching like hell here to argue your losing point. The Blackberry was Obama's PERSONAL Blackberry just like Flowers stated. It was not Govt' issued because the Govt' didn't issue Blackberries to Presidents. This Blackberry Obama kept WASN'T for Govt' business. It was SOLELY for his own PERSONAL communications. The Govt' did strengthen it's security, but it was for Obama chatting with his pals off Govt' channels.........making it personal. He kept his personal Blackberry.

As for the IPhone, he just got that a 6 months ago and not a couple years ago.

Not streching at all.

But feel free to keep believing that.

As for the Government not issuing BlackBerry phones...

Obama's predecessor, George W. Bush, also used a BlackBerry during the 2000 presidential campaign, but had to give it up, as well as the use of any e-mail software, upon taking office. Three days earlier, he sent out a final e-mail to 42 friends and family members to inform them that he would no longer correspond electronically.

Eight years later, Barack Obama was also forced to give up his BlackBerry, not only because of concerns that its communications and e-mail could be intercepted, but also because of the Presidential Records Act of 1978. This makes all written White House communications public property and subject to examination under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

However, this time Obama definitely wanted keep using this popular business phone to stay in touch with people outside the White House bubble. Therefore, the Secret Service, The White House Communications Agency (WHCA) and the National Security Agency (NSA) went looking for a solution.

For this purpose, the security agencies choose the SecurVoice application, which was developed by The Genesis Key, in cooperation with engineers from BlackBerry manufacturer Research In Motion (RIM). SecurVoice should not be confused with Secure-Voice.com, nor with SecuVOICE, which is used for securing the smart phone of the German chancellor Merkel.

After the NSA did all the necessary tests and checking to make sure the software met federal standards like FIPS 140-2, the highly secured BlackBerry was delivered to the president somewhere in May or June 2009. He also gave up his old e-mail address and switched to a new one, which is kept secret.

Maybe we can see the new, secured BlackBerry in this picture below, where there are two BlackBerrys lying in front of Obama. The silver one seems to be the BlackBerry 8830, which he already used during the election campaign. The black one, probably a BlackBerry 8900, could then be the new secure one, as we can see the president using this one in later pictures: (see pics at link below)

The secure BlackBerry was not only issued to the president, but also to a small group of people with whom he likes to stay in close contact with. This because, as said, it's only possible to have secure communications if both ends are using the same encryption method. This limited Obama's goal of keeping in touch with the outside world: encryption (still) means exclusion.

The number of people able to message and call the president is probably only between ten and twenty. Included are vice-president Biden, Obama's chief of staff and some of his top advisers, his press secretary, first lady Michelle Obama, a few other family members, and a small group of personal friends from Chicago.

http://electrospaces.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-obamas-blackberry-got-secured.html?m=1

Hate to say I told you so but...

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline flowers

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2017, 06:06:15 pm »

You people started "Pro-Trump Only" threads on this board because you people could not handle any criticism of your anointed!

You weren't dog-packed against your wills to be thrown into your own cages - YOU PEOPLE CHOSE THAT FOR YOURSELVES.  You demanded an echo chamber without tolerating any dissent or criticism of your prince.

Gee that pro-Trump thread still under you skin huh? 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2017, 06:07:13 pm »

Yep!  100% USDA Choice!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2017, 06:07:36 pm »
You need to start drinking at 8 in the morning like I started doing. Makes your day go smoother.

I know..coffee just isn't doing it... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2017, 06:08:51 pm »
Did you have a straight face while you typed this tripe?  Have you missed everything that's gone on in and with the media/press these past 18 months, or do you simply agree with it?   @txradioguy

888high58888 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2017, 06:08:52 pm »

YOU bet your sweet bippy it does!  TOTALLY uncalled for and I hope the management NEVER allows anything like it ever again!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2017, 06:09:12 pm »

What is factually wrong with it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2017, 06:13:02 pm »

No - I just don't tolerate liars or bullies.  I don't give a crap you people wanted a safe space for yourselves.  Your fellows turned entire forums and social groups into Trump safe spaces. 

I'm taking issue with the implication that Trump supporters were forced into safe spaces in order to 'prevent a civil war' on the board.

There were plenty of threads during the campaign where those folks who resided in the Trump safe spaces came into the open threads to debate and argue.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline beandog

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2017, 06:14:45 pm »
It has become rather pathetic that some people's dislike of the Donald, and believe me there are many things I don't like about him, have allowed their judgment and good sense to be thrown out the window.  The only thing the current media/press deserve is utter disdain from all conservatives.  It disgusts me that anyone claiming to be a conservative would stick up for them.   **nononono*

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »
It has become rather pathetic that some people's dislike of the Donald, and believe me there are many things I don't like about him, have allowed their judgment and good sense to be thrown out the window.  The only thing the current media/press deserve is utter disdain from all conservatives.  It disgusts me that anyone claiming to be a conservative would stick up for them.   **nononono*

How is believing in freedom of the press...an integral part of the 1st Amendment equal to hatred of Trump?

And when you say "all media" deserve scorn...you're including Fox...Breitbart...Gateway Pundit etc right?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:19:52 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »

@mystery-ak

Venture over to The Vineyard. For now, there's probably a dozen great posts on different varieties of wines...perhaps we can come up with several great varietals for dealing with the heat on a few of these threads.  The Vineyard can be found at the Briefing Room Tavern.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2017, 06:30:08 pm »
Not streching at all.

But feel free to keep believing that.

As for the Government not issuing BlackBerry phones...

http://electrospaces.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-obamas-blackberry-got-secured.html?m=1

Hate to say I told you so but...

:whistle:

You have to dig up some bullshit from something called the Electrospaces blog? Was the Tinfoil Hat blog down today and not available for citing?

Did you bother reading this garbage at the blog? This "article" you cited is full of what ifs and supposes. This was a damn national news story in '09. Everyone except for you seems to remember exactly what the issue was. Bush didn't use the devices. The secret service wanted to keep it that way for the new President. Obama threw a temper tantrum and got to keep his own damn phone with security updates and a restricted email list.

Bottom line: This was not a device for Obama to conduct govt' business. It was for personal use.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2017, 06:30:57 pm »
No, my 'friend'.

You want to know what's "telling"?

What's telling is that for over a year and a half, when anti-Trumpers in here continuously used the collective term to insult Trump Supporters as a group...whenever an individual Trump supporter confronted them over the insults...they were dog-packed into a GD safe space...so as not to have a civil war on the forum.

For example, we had "St. Joan of TBR" continuously deny that she hated anyone, but her posts always referred to us...and continued into the present as morally deficient....not up to her standards.

You get the picture here, @Cyber Liberty ?

Here, I refer to the anti's as a group...the "Hateful Eight"...(sorry, @Wingnut  :laugh:), and the individuals are given the green light and a 'Papal' Blessing to conduct open season on me.  And then I'm the bad guy for responding.

I'm supposed to bend over and take it, right?

Soon as I kick somebody in the balls (sorry, @Night Hides Not .... although, you're the epitome of hypocrisy in the way you selectively complain around here.)

THEN.... it's something different to the lot of you.

It's quite revealing, IMO.

So, you defend yourself by issuing a physical threat to me? Whatever dude. You're a true Trumpster: bellicose, bullying, and classless.

Son, you need a long spell in a safe space.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2017, 06:32:58 pm »
You have to dig up some bullshit from something called the Electrospaces blog? Was the Tinfoil Hat blog down today and not available for citing?

Did you bother reading this garbage at the blog? This "article" you cited is full of what ifs and supposes. This was a damn national news story in '09. Everyone except for you seems to remember exactly what the issue was. Bush didn't use the devices. The secret service wanted to keep it that way for the new President. Obama threw a temper tantrum and got to keep his own damn phone with security updates and a restricted email list.

Bottom line: This was not a device for Obama to conduct govt' business. It was for personal use.

Ok frank...whatever.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2017, 06:37:42 pm »
Good hope he keeps on tweeting. I didn't like it at first..and some I think he shouldn't have done , but if it puts snowflakes panties in a wad......I am all for it. We are sick and tired of MSM lying to us.

Abolutely !! He is the Potus of the USA, and if he wants to tweet, he can tweet.

Those on this thread objecting to it, are the same ones that months ago assured us he wasn't doing anything right, would lose badly, etc.

IOW they haven't been right on anything, at all.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »
Abolutely !! He is the Potus of the USA, and if he wants to tweet, he can tweet.

Those on this thread objecting to it, are the same ones that months ago assured us he wasn't doing anything right, would lose badly, etc.

Offline flowers

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2017, 06:50:54 pm »

Look at it this way...we can call President Trumps tweets headlines for tomorrows msm..... :laugh:

Offline flowers

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2017, 06:52:20 pm »

Yep...bottom line it was for his personal use.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2017, 06:53:46 pm »

Until Twitter decides they don't want the liability and deletes his account.

They are a private businss and have full right to do that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2017, 06:55:46 pm »
Trying to educate people on things they know nothing about is very much like teaching a pig to sing!

It wastes your time and fully annoys the pig!

- J. R. R. Tolkien