Author Topic: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting  (Read 12866 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2017, 06:56:21 pm »
Bookmark, candidate for a locked thread.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2017, 06:56:35 pm »
Until Twitter decides they don't want the liability and deletes his account.

They are a private businss and have full right to do that.

Hmmm...interesting...I haven't thought of that..I would think they like all the attention Trump gives them.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2017, 07:05:54 pm »
Hmmm...interesting...I haven't thought of that..I would think they like all the attention Trump gives them.

Political religion trumps (pun intended) logic and business sense in most Lefties.

If they understand that Tweeting eliminates the MSM filter, they would happily cut their own opportunity for growth because it will eliminate Trump from being able to connect with his people without having to go through the spin cycle of the media prism that will always distort the truth to fit their narratives.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2017, 07:06:04 pm »

That would be a rational thought, but Twitter execs likely see as bad a result as cigarettes were to dinosaurs:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »

The situation changes when it isn't a private citizen just mouthing off versus the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces that pulls a 3AM tweet storm that actually puts our troop's lives in danger, all because he felt slighted and couldn't keep his emotions and mouth in check.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2017, 07:22:09 pm »
The situation changes when it isn't a private citizen just mouthing off versus the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces that pulls a 3AM tweet storm that actually puts our troop's lives in danger, all because he felt slighted and couldn't keep his emotions and mouth in check.

Hopefully if he manages to get around the protocols put in place to prevent that...his social media team will pull it before anyone ever sees it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:22:32 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2017, 07:26:02 pm »
So, you defend yourself by issuing a physical threat to me? Whatever dude. You're a true Trumpster: bellicose, bullying, and classless.

Son, you need a long spell in a safe space.

You should read your bolded portion of my quote again.

I never threatened you.   I apologized to you simply for typing "Balls"....because you always pee your pants at the sight of your definition of poor taste.

I wasn't referring to you whatsoever.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2017, 07:27:37 pm »

That's all it's going to take to stoke the fires of impeachment. Despite the strong support of his most ardent admirers, and an electoral "landslide", he's never had the support of more than 50.1% of the population. All hell will break loose if such an ill-advised tweet cost the life of a single American.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2017, 07:29:49 pm »
Hopefully if he manages to get around the protocols put in place to prevent that...his social media team will pull it before anyone ever sees it.

The moment something is tweeted, it is forever archived and accessible, even if they delete it 1 second after. The tweets would require a third party to review and approve something before it ever goes out, such as his social media team. This would be just as responsible as having a speech writer versus doing everyting off the cuff (especially when having a 'filter' is not a personal attribute one learned.)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2017, 07:31:57 pm »

That's the concern folks who are governed by principles and whom desire a statesman to represent the country have.  However, the Trump faithful are perfectly fine with Trump being Trump and insulting whomever, regardless of the consequences - because you know…. payback and all that.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2017, 07:32:55 pm »
The moment something is tweeted, it is forever archived and accessible, even if they delete it 1 second after. The tweets would require a third party to review and approve something before it ever goes out, such as his social media team. This would be just as responsible as having a speech writer versus doing everyting off the cuff (especially when having a 'filter' is not a personal attribute one learned.)

Excellent point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline endicom

« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2017, 07:33:39 pm »
The media should have and deserves free and open access to the President.

Did Benjamin Franklin have free and open access to the president or to anyone else for happening to own a printing press? Did that printing press confer on him such privilege?

You'll have to amend the Constitution to give the news media such privilege. Besides, we are all the news media simply for typing out some news.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2017, 07:36:20 pm »

I'm hoping he will have a "social media team" he can trust with that.  I think they'll want to screen everything he tweets before it goes out, and I hope he understands the importance of doing that.  It will require a staff that operates with a very light hand on the tiller.

I'm sure if there is a filter in place, they're going to do everything they can to keep it looking like it's "off the cuff" without really being that reckless.

I'm with @Night Hides Not:  If one of his tweets costs a single soldier's life it will be big trouble, and I doubt the RINOs are going to lift a finger to save him.  They'd be fine with a President Pence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

HonestJohn

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2017, 07:36:23 pm »
Most certainly not, Nancy.

However, is defending oneself now verboten in here?

You aren't defending yourself, but Trump.

And you do so by personal attacks.  You don't explain how Trump's behavior is right or proper.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:43:52 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2017, 07:37:08 pm »
You should read your bolded portion of my quote again.

I never threatened you.   I apologized to you simply for typing "Balls"....because you always pee your pants at the sight of your definition of poor taste.

I wasn't referring to you whatsoever.

Yeah, ok...whatever.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »

Did Benjamin Franklin have free and open access to the president or to anyone else for happening to own a printing press? Did that printing press confer on him such privilege?

You'll have to amend the Constitution to give the news media such privilege. Besides, we are all the news media simply for typing out some news.

Oh?

Freedom of the press in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. This clause is generally understood as a means to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions. Nevertheless, freedom of the press is subject to certain restrictions, such as the defamation law.

Unless they are defaming the President...also known as libel...they aren't to be interfered with in what they publish.

And I'll point out too that the legal standard for proving libel or slander takes more than someone climbing the media is dishonest in a Twitter post.

Your lack of knowledge of the Constitution is showing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:41:43 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »

In today's climate, the Democrats would have gone after Ben for publishing his thoughts under the pseudonym "Poor Richard."

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2017, 07:42:07 pm »
I'm hoping he will have a "social media team" he can trust with that.  I think they'll want to screen everything he tweets before it goes out, and I hope he understands the importance of doing that.  It will require a staff that operates with a very light hand on the tiller.

I'm sure if there is a filter in place, they're going to do everything they can to keep it looking like it's "off the cuff" without really being that reckless.

I'm with @Night Hides Not:  If one of his tweets costs a single soldier's life it will be big trouble, and I doubt the RINOs are going to lift a finger to save him.  They'd be fine with a President Pence.

Thanks Cyber...the reaction from Trumpsters will be to place blame on the dead soldier. That's their modus operandi, that Trump can do no wrong.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2017, 07:42:12 pm »
Yeah, ok...whatever.

It's the bold truth, "son".

Please bone up on your reading comprehension skills. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2017, 07:42:40 pm »

If a tweet of his starts a war, or is used as justification for a terror attack...

...can those affected sue Twitter for the damages caused?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:44:28 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2017, 07:42:59 pm »

IIRC the social media team comes with the job. They are there regardless of the POTUS.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:39 pm »

And you do so solely by personal attacks.  You don't explain how Trump's behavior is right or proper.

Another one...   :whistle:

sock puppet....

Offline flowers

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »

And you do so solely by personal attacks.  You don't explain how Trump's behavior is right or proper.

@Oceander

HonestJohn

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:52 pm »
Another one...   :whistle:

sock puppet....

Another personal attack.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2017, 07:47:04 pm »
His ever tweet will be tightly controlled by people not named Trump who handle the official POTUS Twitter feed.

You don't think Obama actually hit send on his official Twitter feed do you?

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn