Author Topic: Has YOUR Gmail account been hacked? A new phishing scam is so convincing it has even fooled tech experts: Here's what to look out for  (Read 778 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Has YOUR Gmail account been hacked? A new phishing scam is so convincing it has even fooled tech experts: Here's what to look out for

A fake email is circulating which provides a link to a PDF file
    If you click on the link, it takes you to a fake Gmail login page
    Entering your credentials causes your account to be compromised
    The attacker can then look through your sent messages folder and forward the email on from your account to your friends using your style of writing

By Shivali Best For Mailonline

Published: 09:46 EST, 17 January 2017 | Updated: 15:39 EST, 17 January 2017

Gmail is the latest victim of a phishing scam that is even fooling experienced technical users.

The scam is being described as one of the most convincing yet, and tricks users into giving their Google login details, allowing the attacker to sift through their messages.

Emails containing the rogue attachment can come from people in the recipient's own address book, and attacker can even copy their style of writing, convincingly passing the fake email on to the victim's contacts.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4127606/Gmail-latest-victim-phishing-scam.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Always, always, always scrutinize carefully any link in an email before you click it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Always, always, always scrutinize carefully any link in an email before you click it.

I do not click on email links at all unless I know for 1005 sure where they came from and what they are taking me to.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien