Author Topic: Maxine Waters Calls For Impeachment If Trump Campaign Colluded With Russia  (Read 2622 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Pam Key16 Jan 2017254

Monday on MSNBC’s “Hardball,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) said if President-elect Donald Trump or staff on his campaign had “collusion” or “exchanges of information,” with Russian government officials about former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, that would justify impeachment.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/16/maxine-waters-calls-for-impeachment-if-trump-campaign-colluded-with-russia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You mean like Obama openly colluded with Iran and Cuba and Hamas and with Isis?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

How many times did Obama interfere in Israeli elections to try to remove Netanyahu?

Offline Night Hides Not

Poor, poor Maxine. She doesn't understand that impeachment is only for actions while in elective office, not while someone's running for it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

Yet no one dared breath a word about impeaching Obama for fear of how Maxine and her constituents would react.

Offline libertybele

Poor, poor Maxine. She doesn't understand that impeachment is only for actions while in elective office, not while someone's running for it.

888high58888 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Hmm.  Members of Congress can't be impeached, but they can be expelled by a majority vote of their colleagues.  Perhaps it's time to lobby our representatives to keep a little tighter control on the ethical lapses of their less honorable members.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Wingnut

Maxine, you ignorant slut.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Does she even realize that impeachment is something done in office?  The guy is not even a sitting President, so this could never be any grounds for impeachment.

Whys do idiots keep electing the same idiots who do not know the position of office they hold?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Actually, the Constitution does not limit impeachment to actions taken while in office, so as a technical matter, if the political will existed, Trump could be impeached for things done before the election.  Not that it will happen. 

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Maxine Waters Calls For Impeachment If Trump Campaign Colluded With Russia
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 08:36:23 pm »
Actually, the Constitution does not limit impeachment to actions taken while in office, so as a technical matter, if the political will existed, Trump could be impeached for things done before the election.  Not that it will happen.

Right.  The Constitution basically leaves it completely up to Congress as to what constitutes grounds for impeachment and removal from office.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 09:06:38 pm »
Maxine and SheJack are a pair.
A pair of what, I am not sure, but a pair of something.
How their constituents don't see through them, I'll never figure out.
I know there are a great deal of gimmedats in their districts, but they can't all be that way, can they?
Maybe there are just enough.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 09:08:26 pm »

One of the two thinks Gene Cernan's footprints are on Mars.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 09:10:30 pm »
If she can prove it I'll happily support it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 09:14:09 pm »

Thanks, I stand corrected. IMO, the way they would get around it is by accusing Trump of lying about the Russian activities (if there are any) after taking office.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 09:15:36 pm »
Tell you what you Old Bat Racist, when your party leadership - meaning Obama and Hildabeast are in orange jumpsuits for treason for their collusion with radical Jihadists, then we can talk about what things may come from the allegation of Trump's collusion with Russia.

Why is it you people had not problem when Obama colluded with Russia to draw down so as to abolish our nuke arsenal?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 09:26:33 pm »
A pair of what, I am not sure, but a pair of something.
How their constituents don't see through them, I'll never figure out.
I know there are a great deal of gimmedats in their districts, but they can't all be that way, can they?
Maybe there are just enough.

SJL takes the award, we expect California to elect dingbats, but Texas, even considering her (re)district is an abomination, she's also from Queens, NY, just like the PEOTUS.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 09:32:07 pm »
Right.  The Constitution basically leaves it completely up to Congress as to what constitutes grounds for impeachment and removal from office.
I thought the standard was "high Crimes and Misdemeanors" as laid out in Article II Section 4. (Discussed well here: http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/100/standards-for-impeachment, a discussion which underlines the error of the 17th Amendment, too).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 09:32:19 pm »
I live in Ft Bend county, so the local news is Houston.
We get all the SheJack-isms on a regular basis.
We've been shaking our heads for a long time now.

HonestJohn

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 09:56:06 pm »
You mean like Obama openly colluded with Iran and Cuba and Hamas and with Isis?

What you are saying is that you supported Obama on that?

For you sound like you are supporting the President-elect on *EXACTLY* the same thing.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 10:05:22 pm »
Her district 18, is almost as bad as mine (35) which also has found their Idiot in Lloyd Doggett.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 10:13:09 pm »
Funny thing is, by the time he is elected and does something she considers impeachable, people will have grown tired of hearing her.

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 10:15:11 pm »
Her district 18, is almost as bad as mine (35) which also has found their Idiot in Lloyd Doggett.

Only Texas run from Austin could draw a district that f'd up.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 10:16:53 pm »
What you are saying is that you supported Obama on that?

For you sound like you are supporting the President-elect on *EXACTLY* the same thing.

It sounds to me like they're raising Iran, Cuba, and Hamas to the level of the USA.

Colluding with them to harm an ally is certainly bad but it doesn't rise to the level of treason. Colluding with another nation (even a friendly nation) against the American people is treason. If it were proven, he or anyone else would deserve to be impeached, convicted and imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 05:01:42 am »
Major Clay calls for impeachment of Maxine Waters.