Author Topic: Donald Trump’s approval rating at 40%, lowest of any incoming president in decades  (Read 1299 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

BY
Meg Wagner
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 8:17 AM

When President-elect Donald Trump takes the oath of office Friday, he’ll be the most unpopular man to do so in decades, two new polls showed.

A majority of Americans — 54% — have an unfavorable opinion of the incoming president, a Tuesday Washington Post/ABC News poll showed. A second survey, conducted by CNN and ORC, reported that 52% of people do not approve of the way the President-elect has been handling the transition.

In each poll, just 40% of respondents said they view Trump and his transition team favorably.

Trump was quick to dismiss the polls.

more
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-elect-donald-trump-approval-rating-40-article-1.2948095
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314513-trump-approval-polls-are-rigged-against-me

Trump: Approval polls are rigged against me
By Elliot Smilowitz - 01/17/17 08:20 AM EST

President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday tweeted that approval rating polls are rigged against him, as a series of polls show him with historically low approval as he enters office.

“The same people who did the phony election polls, and were so wrong, are now doing approval rating polls. They are rigged just like before,” Trump wrote.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Not surprised by this.

Both candidates in 2016 were the two most unpopular candidates to run
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

How can Trump already have a job approval rating when he hasn't spent a single day as President?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I can't believe the media expects us to believe their polls.    Maybe Hillary should come out of hiding and testify on their behalf.   :whistle:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How can Trump already have a job approval rating when he hasn't spent a single day as President?

www.twitter.com

Offline mirraflake

How did Obama have a 80+% approval rating before he went into office when 1/2 the country voted against him

I don't believe this 40% approval rating for Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This from the very same people who told us Nov 7th....that Hillary Clinton had a 13 point lead over Trump.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

Look on the bright side....
Job approval is highly over-rated.  Look at Obama, a scurrilous sot. If she were alive he would kill his mother just so that he could use her skin to make a drum to beat his own praises.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Look on the bright side....
Job approval is highly over-rated.  Look at Obama, a scurrilous sot. If she were alive he would kill his mother just so that he could use her skin to make a drum to beat his own praises.

"She puts the lotion in the basket........"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

Poll sample (Adults):

Democrat      31%
Republican     23%
Independent  37%
Other             5%
No opinion      4%

If this sample were truly reflective of the electorate, Hillary Clinton would be getting fitted for an Inaugural pantsuit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:58:02 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How did Obama have a 80+% approval rating before he went into office when 1/2 the country voted against him

Not sure why you don't believe it. Trump lost the popular vote, and not everyone who voted for him like him.

40% sounds about right.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, I heard over the weekend that it was 37%.