Author Topic: ‘Never Trump’ national-security Republicans fear they have been blacklisted  (Read 6056 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
‘Never Trump’ national-security Republicans fear they have been blacklisted

David Nakamura

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/never-trump-national-security-republicans-fear-they-have-been-blacklisted/2017/01/16/a2fadf54-d9a3-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html

They are some of the biggest names in the Republican national security firmament, veterans of past GOP administrations who say, if called upon by President-elect Donald Trump, they stand ready to serve their country again.

But their phones aren’t ringing. Their entreaties to Trump Tower in New York have mostly gone unanswered. In Trump world, these establishment all-stars say they are “PNG” — personae non gratae.

Their transgression was signing one or both of two public “Never Trump” letters during the campaign, declaring they would not vote for Trump and calling his candidacy a danger to the nation.

One letter, with 122 names, was published by War on the Rocks, a website devoted to national security commentary, during the primary season in March. The other, with 50 names, including some repeat signatories, was published by the New York Times during the general-election campaign in August.

Now, just days before Trump is sworn in as the nation’s 45th president, the letter signers fear they have been added to another document, this one private — a purported blacklist compiled by Trump’s political advisers.

Continued at link...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

What did they expect?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What did they expect?

We sure didn't expect this.

(image removed by moderator)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:14:17 pm by Machiavelli »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What did they expect?
Exactly. They have been and they should be.

Their agenda is more to sabotage Trump than it is to do their jobs objectively and provide intelligence without taking everything to the press afterwards.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

Do they think they own these positions? Maybe the Trump team is not satisfied with their past performance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Yeah, and instead of taking the consequences of their political stunt (letter) they whine to the WaPo about their mistreatment, and wanting a job.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Or there's the possibility these security experts are upset about the boorish treatment by someone who doesn't know 1/10th of what they do about National Security.

Going to the WaPo is no different than Trump whining and complaining about people on his Twitter account.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can't tell you why I say so but this may well prove to be one of Trumps better moves!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Elections have consequences.

Even for ne'ertrumpers, as they be findin' out!

Offline DCPatriot

Elections have consequences.

Even for ne'ertrumpers, as they be findin' out!

@Fishrrman

Careful there, my friend...

@INVAR runs in here and claims you're threatening him .....in 3-2-1     ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Or there's the possibility these security experts are upset about the boorish treatment by someone who doesn't know 1/10th of what they do about National Security.

Going to the WaPo is no different than Trump whining and complaining about people on his Twitter account.

Yeah. These national security experts have been doing a "bang up" job. The bombing of the Boston Marathon comes to mind. In the mean time I have some lazy govt' TSA workers finger stuck up my ass so that I can have the privileged of flying to Des Moines on business.

The "experts" deserve to be thrown down a well and pissed on. It has been proven they are frauds just interested in collecting a paycheck.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah. These national security experts have been doing a "bang up" job. The bombing of the Boston Marathon comes to mind. In the mean time I have some lazy govt' TSA workers finger stuck up my ass so that I can have the privileged of flying to Des Moines on business.

The "experts" deserve to be thrown down a well and pissed on. It has been proven they are frauds just interested in collecting a paycheck.

I blame that more on the restrictions put on the agencies by this Administration and the Libs in Congress than the actual Intel assets.

Kinda hard to do your job handcuffed and blind due to political correctness.

I mean even to this day our LEO's and Intel folks can't profile the very groups that perpetrated 9/11.

Until that kind of crap stops we'll always be playing catch up.

Repeal the restrictions that have been imposed on the Intel world since the days of the Church Comission and see the difference it makes in finding and stopping the bad guys.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:34:54 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Frank Cannon

I blame that more on the restrictions put on the agencies by this Administration and the Libs in Congress than the actual Intel assets.

Kinda hard to do your job handcuffed and blind due to political correctness.

I mean even to this day our LEO's and Intel folks can't profile the very groups that perpetrated 9/11.

Until that kind of crap stops we'll always be playing catch up.

Repeal the restrictions that have been imposed on the Intel world since the days of the Church Comission and see the difference it makes in finding and stopping the bad guys.

Fine point.......but then why didn't these "professionals" have open letters against the Regime while lives were being lost on our own soil? They seemed happy to step up to the mic when Donny was making Primary headway. Why not over the last 8 years?

I don't want to sound unseemly, but could it be because they are nothing but hacks?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Fishrrman

Careful there, my friend...

@INVAR runs in here and claims you're threatening him .....in 3-2-1     ^-^

Oooga booga !!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I can't tell you why I say so but this may well prove to be one of Trumps better moves!

888high58888

Agreed. For reasons.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jpsb

We sure didn't expect this.

@Cripplecreek you are one sick pervert.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:35:25 am by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

These are Bushbot neocons, they have FUBARed everything they have touched. There service is not wanted or needed.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bloodbath coming. How could Trump ever trust a group of people who have declared a blood-oath to oppose him in any way they can? Seriously? What would cause Trump to believe that they would not go to the press every time they disagree with any decision he makes?

They declared publicly and with great fanfare how they do not trust Trump and will never support him, and now they have the nerve to fain outrage when Trump reverses the sentiment and says the same thing about them?

Screw those guys. They are toast. They took a bad bet, and they lost. Buh-bye.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

Bloodbath coming. How could Trump ever trust a group of people who have declared a blood-oath to oppose him in any way they can? Seriously? What would cause Trump to believe that they would not go to the press every time they disagree with any decision he makes?

They declared publicly and with great fanfare how they do not trust Trump and will never support him, and now they have the nerve to fain outrage when Trump reverses the sentiment and says the same thing about them?

Screw those guys. They are toast. They took a bad bet, and they lost. Buh-bye.

You're not only singing my song, @240B ....it's in the same key!!   ^-^

Offline DCPatriot

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
888high58888

Agreed. For reasons.

And you know those reasons as well as I do!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

These are Bushbot neocons, they have FUBARed everything they have touched. There service is not wanted or needed.

Ummm...yeah...sure....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Wow...that's intelligent. Posts like that could land you am Intel position in Donny's administration.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Wow...that's intelligent. Posts like that could land you am Intel position in Donny's administration.

I see that Trump's media sycophants like Jeanine Pirro have returned to their desperate screeching that all must fall in line and support Trump. You really have to wonder why they seem so anxious to get unanimous blind fealty to Trump from conservatives.

Personally I think its the knowledge that he's a disaster and they want to share the blame as widely as possible as a means of camouflaging themselves among many. Kinda like the mob making sure everyone is guilty so no one talks.

I even had some idiot tell me that my life would be "worth living" if only I would fall to my knees and thank God for Trump.