Author Topic: Steve Harvey reveals 'backlash' from meeting Trump as he says he will work with Ben Carson on inner cities because 'I'm from the hood'  (Read 719 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steve Harvey reveals 'backlash' from meeting Trump as he says he will work with Ben Carson on inner cities because 'I'm from the hood'

President-elect Donald Trump met Friday with comedian and TV / radio host Steve Harvey
    Harvey said on his radio show Monday that he 'didn't expect the backlash to be so fierce'
    'It's been a little bit more than interesting'
    He said the criticism 'hurt me'
    Harvey said he went at the request of the Trump transition team as well as President Obama's camp
    He said he would partner with Trump on rebuilding inner cities, and that Trump put him on the phone with housing pick Dr. Ben Carson during their meeting

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:20 EST, 16 January 2017 | Updated: 18:21 EST, 16 January 2017

Comedian and host Steve Harvey says he has gotten a 'fierce' backlash from fans following a meeting Friday with President-elect Donald Trump.

Harvey revealed the furious reaction during his radio show Monday, acknowledging that the criticism hit home following his meeting with Trump, where the two men discussed working on the nation's inner cities.

'It's been a little bit more than interesting,' Harvey said.

The meeting occurred just a day before Trump's clash with members of the congressional black caucus boiled over, with Rep. John Lewis saying his election wasn't 'legitimate' and Trump blasting the civil rights icon on Twitter.

'On a personal note, a lot of y'all hurt me,' Harvey told his listeners, reported AJC.com, the website of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

'I didn't expect the backlash to be so fierce. I also understand if I'm going to keep getting stabbed at, at least while you're stabbing me, you should understand my intent,' he continued.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4126234/Steve-Harvey-reveals-backlash-meeting-Trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

"And the 45th President of the United States is......Hillary Clinton!"