Author Topic: Michelle Obama is quietly planning her next act  (Read 1294 times)

Online mountaineer

Michelle Obama is quietly planning her next act
« on: January 16, 2017, 08:25:45 pm »
Michelle Obama is quietly planning her next act
 Krissah Thompson
7 hrs ago
Washington Post
EXCERPTED
As Michelle Obama prepares to leave the White House, she’s been talking publicly about how eager she is to return to normal life. “I want to open my front door without discussing it with anyone — and just walk,” she told Oprah Winfrey in an interview last year.

She has also said she wants to sit in a yard, stroll through a big-box store and open a window in her house, all things she has not been able to do for eight years.

Yet a team is already laying the groundwork for what’s likely to be a somewhat busier post-White House schedule for a popular first lady who has signaled her eagerness to continue her advocacy work of recent years — and has proven to be a compelling voice in American politics.

After a long break, Michelle Obama plans to get to work with a small staff that will move into office space in Washington. The group will be led by Melissa Winter, the first lady’s longtime deputy chief of staff. A veteran Capitol Hill aide, Winter was the first lady’s first hire during her husband’s 2007 campaign.  ...

The Obama family will also need income, to support themselves as well as the post-White House staffs they are building. Michelle Obama, who was once her family’s primary breadwinner, hasn’t earned a salary in eight years. For money, former first ladies and presidents have accepted paid offers to speak — not always without controversy — in addition to championing favorite causes.

In the meantime, the president has said his wife is working on her memoir — another typical income-generating project for former first families — which is expected to net a multimillion-dollar advance.

“Probably down the line [there are] many books in her,” Winter said.   ...
Not sure whether to  :silly: or  8888crybaby.
Or maybe just  :2barf:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Re: Michelle Obama is quietly planning her next act
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »
The entire article could've been summarized thus:

The Obama family will also need income, to support themselves as well as the post-White House staffs they are building. Michelle Obama, who was once her family’s primary breadwinner, hasn’t earned a salary in eight years.

And she didn't earn it before eight years ago, either.

For money, former first ladies and presidents have accepted paid offers to speak — not always without controversy — in addition to championing favorite causes.

Correct. The Clintons, who set the bar for collecting money post presidency, incurred no controversy in the MSM at all.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:32:32 pm by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »
The entire article could've been summarized thus:

The Obama family will also need income, to support themselves as well as the post-White House staffs they are building. Michelle Obama, who was once her family’s primary breadwinner, hasn’t earned a salary in eight years.

And she didn't earn it then, either.
If they moved back to Chicago, I'm sure she could regain that do-nothing $300,000+ job at the hospital. Of course, that salary would be chump change, compared to their current standard of living.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:03 pm »
Wait they'll need income!??

WTF??

They are already millionaires and he's getting a guaranteed six figure salary for the rest of their lives.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:27:06 pm »
 The Washington Post
Krissah Thompson
8 hrs ago

As Michelle Obama prepares to leave the White House, she’s been talking publicly about how eager she is to return to normal life. “I want to open my front door without discussing it with anyone — and just walk,” she told Oprah Winfrey in an interview last year.

She has also said she wants to sit in a yard, stroll through a big-box store and open a window in her house, all things she has not been able to do for eight years.

Yet a team is already laying the groundwork for what’s likely to be a somewhat busier post-White House schedule for a popular first lady who has signaled her eagerness to continue her advocacy work of recent years — and has proven to be a compelling voice in American politics.

more
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michelle-obama-is-quietly-planning-her-next-act/ar-AAlUJ2D?li=BBnb7Kz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:28:03 pm »
Four more days Michelle and you can open all the windows you want.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 03:39:27 pm »
My prediction remains unchanged, by this time next year, Michelle will be one of the cast members on The View. She'll make millions off of that, and the only exertion on her part will be flapping her gums.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »
My prediction remains unchanged, by this time next year, Michelle will be one of the cast members on The View. She'll make millions off of that, and the only exertion on her part will be flapping her gums.

No, that can't be.  Remember, she hates the spotlight?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 05:06:57 pm »
If they moved back to Chicago, I'm sure she could regain that do-nothing $300,000+ job at the hospital. Of course, that salary would be chump change, compared to their current standard of living.

If she plays her cards right, like Hillary did, she'll get nearly 300k for each 45 minute speech.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 05:56:53 pm »
If she plays her cards right, like Hillary did, she'll get nearly 300k for each 45 minute speech.
No doubt. They both will. And who wouldn't want to pay $300K to hear Barry's "Uh, uh, uh, I, I, I, me, uh, uh" speeches?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 06:08:40 pm »
BTW, @mountaineer, I love your tagline!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 06:12:26 pm »
BTW, @mountaineer, I love your tagline!
I saw that yesterday at The Poached Egg (a Christian apologetics site) and had to post it somewhere.  ^-^

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »

How many feet from a top floor window or the widow's peak to the ground?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 06:37:17 pm »

The protection detail might have a few words to say about that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »
I bet all those $300 million dollar vacations helped to make up for not being able to open a window or go to Walmart.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.