Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43756 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2017, 07:13:16 pm »
In the event of any improprieties in that regard, we will never be heard over the rancor of the Left. They would use such to destroy him or damage him as much as possible (even though the whole Perjury and Obstruction of Justice thing Bill Clinton did was >wink wink< "just about sex".)
That's how the left rolls, and the already hostile leftist media will be on him like white on rice.

Unfortunately, that won't be attributed to his more liberal past, but will be used to defame Republicans and especially Conservatives, who would be just as quick to attack such behaviour.
At that point much depends on the 'legacy' he wants--whether MAGA trumps 'bringing down the GOPe'. I don't know, but I reckon we're going to find out. Right now, I will not add my voice to the other enemy in the ring--the Liberals. My reasons (as are yours) for opposition to Trump (the person, for his track record)  remain, but they are not the reason the Liberals oppose him. I won't add to their protest, I won't validate that which I find objectionable to object to something else, even if that is the same thing. The enemy of my enemy is often just the enemy of my enemy, not my friend.

No, I am willing to look at the situation this way. He is now POTUS. He has a new job. I expect him to conduct himself within that term of employment in such a fashion as to bring honor and respect to the Office of the President of the United States of America. His behaviour in his past employment is irrelevant at this point, though it was relevant during the hiring process and ignored by a sufficient number pf people. Now, we have what we have.

During the hiring process, he made certain promises, set goals, and those are listed (in part) here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.0.html
Within the constraints of conduct befitting his position and reflecting upon this nation, I will measure his success/failure on the basis of how well he performs the very tasks which he said he will do.

That is not a statement of faith in him, nor of abject support, but a metric by which his progress can be measured and one which it cannot be argued is unfair, as he set those goals himself. Within the framework of his employ, let his veracity, his effectiveness, his 'greatness' be measured by those.

In the meantime, we remain vigilant, we pray he is changed by the responsibilities of the office for the better, and we stay true to our own principles. He is already making JV blunders which are innate to his personality.

I completely concur that the reasons you and I oppose Trump are not even remotely related to the rantings, idiocy, and evil of the left.  In fact, what we believe is the polar opposite of what they believe.   What we believe in is good and what they stand for is pure evil.

I think we will have to agree to disagree, however, on how silent and patient we should be about Trump's lack of integrity.

I may stand alone on this forum in believing we need to continue to address his liberalism and amorality, but I'm OK with that.

It won't be the first time I stood alone in what I think and believe, and as long as the discussion is reasonable and honest, I enjoy the discourse.

Thanks for a good conversation, @Smokin Joe .  I appreciate mature disagreement and adult conversation more than I can express.   I've seen enough childish histrionics on this thread to last a lifetime...... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2017, 07:27:46 pm »
Nothing in your post accurately reflects a single thing I have said on this thread, or elsewhere, nor what I have ever thought.

I suggest you keep your imagination to yourself and not project it on others.

Nothing I say or think helps the left in any way, shape or form, your reckless accusations notwithstanding.

The left was helped when Trump became our nominee.  Pretending he isn't what he is, is neither honest, nor conservative.

I'm not doing that, and it most certainly doesn't make me a leftist because I won't.

Again............. your entire post is made up of false assumptions and an erroneous imagination.

Nope.

The election is over.  Trump has been vetted, for better or worse.

Attacking his background NOW...only aids the nihilist Left.

Attack his proposals and present actions.  Or else let it go.

You haven't yet told me how it is Trump is misogynist...he who gave big jobs to dozens of women, who helped his own daughter learn the real estate business - the hard way, the real way.

Since you ignore that, and keep on thumping the tub, repeating the rote accusations of the DemocRats...it makes me wonder as to your real motives.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:28:45 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #402 on: January 23, 2017, 07:29:15 pm »
Nothing in your post accurately reflects a single thing I have said on this thread, or elsewhere, nor what I have ever thought.

I suggest you keep your imagination to yourself and not project it on others.

Nothing I say or think helps the left in any way, shape or form, your reckless accusations notwithstanding.

The left was helped when Trump became our nominee.  Pretending he isn't what he is, is neither honest, nor conservative.

I'm not doing that, and it most certainly doesn't make me a leftist because I won't.

Again............. your entire post is made up of false assumptions and an erroneous imagination.

You admitted this yesterday:

As I said....... I say what I think, completely rationally and relevant to the thread topic, and they attack me personally.

I am criticizing Trump.  They are personally smearing me.

You are helping the left when you continually criticize Trump.  Trump today signed anti abortion legislation today  and crickets from you. So much for him being pro abortion as you said he was yesterday.

@musiclady
@JustPassinThru

Offline pjohns

« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2017, 07:35:33 pm »
And I'm getting really sick of hearing, "Yeah, but Clinton . . . " It's over and nothing will ever be done about Bill's sexual misconduct and alleged sex crimes. As conservatives we cannot justify lowering our standards because the other side did it. That's what liberals do: make excuses.

This is true.  (To attempt to justify it on these grounds would be a good example of the tu quoque fallacy.)

But I think that some people are noting--reasonably enough, I believe--that there is a double standard at work here. 

And that double standard is (both morally and intellectually) indefensible...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:36:28 pm by pjohns »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #404 on: January 23, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »
This is true.  (To attempt to justify it on these grounds would be a good example of the tu quoque fallacy.)

But I think that some people are noting--reasonably enough, I believe--that there is a double standard at work here. 

And that double standard is (both morally and intellectually) indefensible...

You hit the nail on the head.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline pjohns

« Reply #405 on: January 23, 2017, 07:47:22 pm »
Even though there were leftist loons and awful, vulgar, fat, angry "feminists" there doesn't mean the entire march can be dismissed out of hand.

Again, very true.

The fallacy here would be known as guilt by association.  (The fact that some very undesirable types support X does not automatically guarantee that X is wrong.) 

Yet it is interesting to me that only leftist types were there (including the washed-up feminist icon, Gloria Steinem); whereas more conservative types--such as pro-life women--were automatically excluded...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:49:38 pm by pjohns »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2017, 07:53:41 pm »
Nope.

The election is over.  Trump has been vetted, for better or worse.

Attacking his background NOW...only aids the nihilist Left.

Attack his proposals and present actions.  Or else let it go.

You haven't yet told me how it is Trump is misogynist...he who gave big jobs to dozens of women, who helped his own daughter learn the real estate business - the hard way, the real way.

Since you ignore that, and keep on thumping the tub, repeating the rote accusations of the DemocRats...it makes me wonder as to your real motives.

Interesting, your giving me advice based on your errant imagination and false assumptions.   Unfortunately, I don't take advice from willfully ignorant people.

As for my "motivations".......... I am an across the board conservative (including social and moral conservatism), who despises the left, and an honest person who speaks my mind.  I value integrity and point it out when it's not there.

I will continue to do so even if people who choose not to read the actual words call it "thumping the tub" and insinuate that I am somehow a leftist because I don't agree with liberalism.

Enough of this pretzel talk.  When you have something legitimate to contribute, give me a buzz.....

:seeya:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2017, 07:58:40 pm »
Again, very true.

The fallacy here would be known as guilt by association.  (The fact that some very undesirable types support X does not automatically guarantee that X is wrong.) 

Yet it is interesting to me that only leftist types were there (including the washed-up feminist icon, Gloria Steinem); whereas more conservative types--such as pro-life women--were automatically excluded...

They were officially excluded, but they showed up anyway.  That's why I have said the entire march should not be dismissed out of hand.  It wasn't only leftists who showed up.

I agree with those who have said we shouldn't associate ourselves with the evil, pro-abortion nasty left, but my point all along is that they weren't the only ones represented there, and THAT is what we shouldn't dismiss.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »

You are helping the left when you continually criticize Trump. 

I'm calling that suggestion abject Horseshitte and Bovine excrement.  Same crap was said when we were bashing Bush for his Mexican immigration positions and his "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system".

We are not stormtroopers for a cult of personality here - criticizing a politician is our duty because liberty warrants that we remain wholly skeptical and circumspect of any and every proposal, act and statement that may impact it.

We can cheer and applaud when our principles are serviced, and attack with vicious abandon when those principles are threatened or acted against.

We don't give a damn if it "helps the left" in your estimation.  We don't goosestep to leaders in this country.

At least I don't.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #409 on: January 23, 2017, 08:13:08 pm »
They were officially excluded, but they showed up anyway.  That's why I have said the entire march should not be dismissed out of hand.  It wasn't only leftists who showed up.

I agree with those who have said we shouldn't associate ourselves with the evil, pro-abortion nasty left, but my point all along is that they weren't the only ones represented there, and THAT is what we shouldn't dismiss.

BS If there was conservative women there the liberal media would have gleefully pointed it out and made herculean efforts to do so. I have looked at hundreds of photos of the marches.. nothing but man hating feminist, anti USA bunch and general weirdos and misfits.

I have tons of friends on FB not  a single conservative  woman I know went but the liberal women I know pointed out they went.

@musiclady
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:13:41 pm by mirraflake »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #410 on: January 23, 2017, 08:42:25 pm »
News Flash: @mirraflake lies!

Here is a link to the comment you are referencing: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,241808.0.html

Nobody, and I mean nobody, called those women you referenced skanks and whores. In fact, nobody said anything negative about them.

Why did you slander TBR, @mirraflake:nono: **nononono*

There really isn't a link to a different thread, is there @mirraflake  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

« Reply #411 on: January 23, 2017, 08:48:12 pm »
@mirraflake
@INVAR
@DCPatriot
@musiclady

I wish the 4 of you would get a cage match going somewhere.  I could make a mint selling tickets.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #412 on: January 23, 2017, 09:02:02 pm »
@mirraflake
@INVAR
@DCPatriot
@musiclady

I wish the 4 of you would get a cage match going somewhere.  I could make a mint selling tickets.

I have two of the three others on IGNORE, so I haven't got a clue as to what nasty things they're saying to me.  The one guy keeps pinging me, but hasn't figured out yet that I have no interest whatsoever in his opinions. even though I never respond to his taunts.

At any rate, no cage match is necessary, although if there were one, I'm pretty sure I would be in the one in the cage and the two of them would be throwing rotten tomatoes in my face.    ****slapping

But you could sell tickets to that!  You could still make money, I'll bet, though I think only three or four here would buy tickets.  I'm pretty sure they'd buy a bunch each though cause I make em real mad, so give it a try!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #413 on: January 23, 2017, 09:03:50 pm »
Students for Life were there. Needless to say, their message wasn't welcomed. If you're on Facebook,  search for them.  They posted photos. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #414 on: January 23, 2017, 09:05:27 pm »
Students for Life were there. Needless to say, their message wasn't welcomed. If you're on Facebook,  search for them.  They posted photos.

Thanks.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #415 on: January 23, 2017, 09:06:51 pm »
@mirraflake
@INVAR
@DCPatriot
@musiclady

If only arguing about liberty, Constitutional principles and limited government was so entertaining to the masses.

The Kardashians are about as deep as most folks are willing to get.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #416 on: January 23, 2017, 09:07:13 pm »
I have two of the three others on IGNORE, so I haven't got a clue as to what nasty things they're saying to me.  The one guy keeps pinging me, but hasn't figured out yet that I have no interest whatsoever in his opinions. even though I never respond to his taunts.

At any rate, no cage match is necessary, although if there were one, I'm pretty sure I would be in the one in the cage and the two of them would be throwing rotten tomatoes in my face.    ****slapping

But you could sell tickets to that!  You could still make money, I'll bet, though I think only three or four here would buy tickets.  I'm pretty sure they'd buy a bunch each though cause I make em real mad, so give it a try!

They want to take their shirts off but I told them that ship sailed for them years and years ago. 
I get 80% of the gate if we move forward!..  Contract are in the mail.

Wingnut

« Reply #417 on: January 23, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »
If only arguing about liberty, Constitutional principles and limited government was so entertaining to the masses.

The Kardashians are about as deep as most folks are willing to get.

Hey cool.  I came here for the Fat Women though. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #418 on: January 23, 2017, 09:08:53 pm »
They want to take their shirts off but I told them that ship sailed for them years and years ago. 

I want the concessions contract.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #419 on: January 23, 2017, 09:10:22 pm »

They were there to protest against abortion, not Donald Trump.

@mountaineer

Wingnut

« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2017, 09:10:45 pm »
I want the concessions contract.

We might be able to reach an agreement on that.   Coke or Pepsi

Offline musiclady

« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »

Spit at and signs torn up....... leftists are such nice people, aren't they?  They are the epitome of evil, IMO.

Those Students for Life are some brave, brave women! 

"Abortion Betrays Women"............... excellent sign!

Wingnut

« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2017, 09:14:03 pm »
I'm scouring photo's of this Massive march for a possible Under card Match.  Can you guys post up some potential candidates.

@Frank Cannon @catfish1957 @mrpotatohead  must have a few in mind

Offline musiclady

« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2017, 09:14:32 pm »

Thanks for the "No shirt no service" policy.

Even if I'm being force fed tomatoes, I want to keep my lunch down.....

Ya know what I mean?? 

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #424 on: January 23, 2017, 09:14:58 pm »
There really isn't a link to a different thread, is there @mirraflake  **nononono*

Here is the the thread. Ok no one came out and called them skanks or whores. I exaggerated. I will admit went overboard in my speech.

YOU however did say they (the women I was referring to) were not conservative when you do not know them.   The general thought from other posters(not all) was that people don't act that way when in fact women when they get in groups are just as vile as men in sexual talk about the opposite sex. Yes, even conservative, Republican women.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,228659.msg1084538.html#msg1084538

@goodwithagun