Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43755 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2017, 03:01:05 pm »
For a no-religion forum, you sure spend a lot of time invoking my deity.
Quit that disrespect, if you don't mind.

I bowed my head when I typed it.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2017, 03:15:31 pm »
Oh.............. and two more questions open for anyone, before I leave to get something accomplished today....

1.  Since when has treating women with respect become a "Christian only" concept?  Are we to assume by some of the comments here that no one who is non-Christian treats women well?

2.  When did it become policy to stop criticizing anyone simply because he/she took political office?  And how long does this "you can't criticize him because he's better than Hillary and he's President" policy last?  A year?  Four years?? Forever??

Just curious.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:48 pm »
What a curious question you bring up.  Why would you conclude something so absurd from anything I've discussed here?

What is missing from your odd scenario is that I haven't at all been referring to "old innuendo and dark whisperings."

I have been talking about character and integrity.......... qualities that used to be desired in our leaders (at least on the Republican side).

(I actually think it's hilarious that there have been histrionics and nonsense about "religious fascism" and "church lady" smears when what I have been talking about is respect for women, which conservatives used to believe was to be valued).

I DO, however, understand that character is no longer part of the equation in selecting a Presidential nominee in either party.  The absence of integrity in his attitude toward women is only a fraction of Trump's problem.  His lack of character and truthfulness in other things is more of an issue.

And that is precisely why I no longer am a Republican.
When the machinations of the GOP ensured we had no voice, no vote in the primaries in this state, I was done. Their mailings are summarily discarded, unopened.

As for the new POTUS, you have not been alone in noting his character and 'alternate facts', and the only hope that exists short of Divine Intervention is that we can hold his feet to the fire and get him to implement or support the policies we approve of, and not follow up on the ones we disapprove of--and that includes his behaviour. However, let's not ignore that two of the seminal themes used by the Left to keep people on their plantation are the alleged "Conservative" (actually, GOP, but "Conservative has been conflated with "Republican") War on Women and the meme of 'keeping blacks down', both such effective emotional tools that they lock in demographics for the very people who engage in both: The Democrat Party.

That leaves real Conservatives between a rock and a hard place. If we protest, we lend support to the very people we disdain and the themes which strengthen our enemies on the left. If we support someone who has a track record which appears to justify the leftists, we strengthen their meme. We aren't even on that segment of the political spectrum, because we are farther to the Right.

We have to go issue by issue and make our specific problems known, not with the support (other than incidentally) of those others, not appearing to side with abortionists, feminazis, and people who would dress as vaginas, but with a clearer and uncompromised message.

That will have to be done at this point on the basis of what he does going forward, not his past. We are free to retain the well-earned distrust for him for his past behaviour, including that during the primaries, and KNOW those tactics are never off the table with him, but I think his narcissism will prove to be more of a problem in the long haul.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2017, 03:29:30 pm »
When the machinations of the GOP ensured we had no voice, no vote in the primaries in this state, I was done. Their mailings are summarily discarded, unopened.

As for the new POTUS, you have not been alone in noting his character and 'alternate facts', and the only hope that exists short of Divine Intervention is that we can hold his feet to the fire and get him to implement or support the policies we approve of, and not follow up on the ones we disapprove of--and that includes his behaviour. However, let's not ignore that two of the seminal themes used by the Left to keep people on their plantation are the alleged "Conservative" (actually, GOP, but "Conservative has been conflated with "Republican") War on Women and the meme of 'keeping blacks down', both such effective emotional tools that they lock in demographics for the very people who engage in both: The Democrat Party.

That leaves real Conservatives between a rock and a hard place. If we protest, we lend support to the very people we disdain and the themes which strengthen our enemies on the left. If we support someone who has a track record which appears to justify the leftists, we strengthen their meme. We aren't even on that segment of the political spectrum, because we are farther to the Right.

We have to go issue by issue and make our specific problems known, not with the support (other than incidentally) of those others, not appearing to side with abortionists, feminazis, and people who would dress as vaginas, but with a clearer and uncompromised message.

That will have to be done at this point on the basis of what he does going forward, not his past. We are free to retain the well-earned distrust for him for his past behaviour, including that during the primaries, and KNOW those tactics are never off the table with him, but I think his narcissism will prove to be more of a problem in the long haul.

The only problem I have with anything you've said is that he's no longer going to be doing interviews with Howard Stern and Billy Bush where he brags about debasing women, so that's not something likely to rear its ugly head "going forward." 

However, it does continue to inform us as to who he is as a person (it's not like he was a teenager when he said those things).

I completely agree that we, as conservatives are between a rock and a hard place, and I'm having trouble right now with the fact that this sordid being, who embodies the leftist caricature of conservatives, which has been a lie in the past, is now 'proving' them to be right.

The most important issue to me, among many important issues, is that I am unflinchingly pro-life.  The vast majority of marchers yesterday worship abortion.  But not all....

There were pro-life women who risked their well-being to march alongside these evil, hateful people.

That has to say something to all of us about the nature of the problem we have here......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2017, 03:33:05 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2017, 03:54:00 pm »
The only problem I have with anything you've said is that he's no longer going to be doing interviews with Howard Stern and Billy Bush where he brags about debasing women, so that's not something likely to rear its ugly head "going forward." 
Oh, the interviews won't, but that meme will persist from the left. Unless he messes up and reinforces that from here, the trap is that to use that part of his past against him reinforces the rabid elements on the Left. I won't do that, either, though I have not forgotten his past behaviour.
However, it does continue to inform us as to who he is as a person (it's not like he was a teenager when he said those things).
Precisely. We know what we know.
I completely agree that we, as conservatives are between a rock and a hard place, and I'm having trouble right now with the fact that this sordid being, who embodies the leftist caricature of conservatives, which has been a lie in the past, is now 'proving' them to be right.
We saw this coming. The trick is not to strengthen that which we abhor, on either end of that segment of the political spectrum.
The most important issue to me, among many important issues, is that I am unflinchingly pro-life.  The vast majority of marchers yesterday worship abortion.  But not all....

There were pro-life women who risked their well-being to march alongside these evil, hateful people.
That has to say something to all of us about the nature of the problem we have here......
Yes, it does. Unfortunately, their numbers will be added to the reprehensible majority who were there to promote abortion, push the 'war on women' theme, the Homosexual agenda, and do the SJW thing.

Being counted among those doing wrong does not make a 'right', unfortunately, and it only lends credence to a different (yet much the same) enemy.

What person claiming to support 'women's rights' would advocate an operation in which half or more of those operated on will die (two go in, one comes out), and, statistically speaking, half of whom are female? Twenty Five Million murdered women since Roe isn't a 'war on women'? Not to mention the aftereffects on those who have a "successful procedure".

I would propose that Conservative women who have issues with Trump conduct their own protests, without the leaven of pro-aborts, Homosexualists, and the usual Leftist whackos. Instead of swelling those ranks, stand and be counted as a clear alternative instead of being stirred in with people you'd consider protesting against.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

It tells me that a person of Reagan's character and principles stands a snow cone's chance in a blast furnace of ever being elected to high office in this country.

Reagan as well known as a bed jumper back in the day before he married Nancy, bedded numerous actresses-over 50. He admitted he had  a very high sex drive when he dated Susan Haywood when  she said  she had a high sex drive and Reagan said finally he met women whose sex drive matched his.  When he broke his thigh he was dating Marilyn Monroe and she would sneak into the hospital and have sex with him.

Actress Piper Laurie said she lost her virginity to Regan when she was 18 and he 39 on the movie she filmed with him.

John Wayne was a serial adulterer. He had sex  with hundreds of women while he was married. Most are listed on the public divorce documents from his 3 wives and it was well known he would go to wild sex parties.

Our heroes were not as snow white as they appear.  There was no cell phone cameras  and no TMZ back then and journalist kept their mouths shut.

This is why I give Trump some benefit of doubt. The only perfect person died 2000 years ago.

@INVAR
@DCPatriot
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:27:01 pm by mirraflake »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2017, 04:31:18 pm »
Oh, the interviews won't, but that meme will persist from the left. Unless he messes up and reinforces that from here, the trap is that to use that part of his past against him reinforces the rabid elements on the Left. I won't do that, either, though I have not forgotten his past behaviour.Precisely. We know what we know. We saw this coming. The trick is not to strengthen that which we abhor, on either end of that segment of the political spectrum.  Yes, it does. Unfortunately, their numbers will be added to the reprehensible majority who were there to promote abortion, push the 'war on women' theme, the Homosexual agenda, and do the SJW thing.

Being counted among those doing wrong does not make a 'right', unfortunately, and it only lends credence to a different (yet much the same) enemy.

What person claiming to support 'women's rights' would advocate an operation in which half or more of those operated on will die (two go in, one comes out), and, statistically speaking, half of whom are female? Twenty Five Million murdered women since Roe isn't a 'war on women'? Not to mention the aftereffects on those who have a "successful procedure".

I would propose that Conservative women who have issues with Trump conduct their own protests, without the leaven of pro-aborts, Homosexualists, and the usual Leftist whackos. Instead of swelling those ranks, stand and be counted as a clear alternative instead of being stirred in with people you'd consider protesting against.

I'm with you entirely on most of this, as I have been a strong pro-life advocate, speaking out about how abortion itself is the "war on women," including femicide in many countries, the deaths of millions of innocent babies, and the permanent damage done, emotionally and physically from having ANY abortion.

I completely agree that this was not the venue to associate with (again, just stating why some conservative and moderate pro-life women DID choose to march).   These people are evil and have perpetrated much evil on this country.

As for Trump...... I suppose that he won't be barging in on naked beauty contestants or bragging about his escapades to lewd talk show hosts in the next four years, but since we have no indication of his repentance for his serial adultery or abuse of women, and since his wife will not be in the WH with him, one can only hope the young female interns keep their doors locked, or at least keep their distance from his grasp.

If they do, we may not hear any future news about this gaping character flaw of his, but that certainly doesn't mean that it no longer exists, and is no longer an issue, nor does it mean, in my opinion, that we, as conservatives, should be silent as though it doesn't matter any more since he "won."

For me, it is hypocritical to have made an issue of Bill Clinton's lack of character, and forget about Trump's just because he falsely put an "R" after his name and was elected President.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:33:14 pm by musiclady »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2017, 04:34:41 pm »
I guess you'll just have to settle for having a Conservative majority in the SCOTUS for the next 30 years.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »
I guess you'll just have to settle for having a Conservative majority in the SCOTUS for the next 30 years.
We don't even know who Trump's nominee is going to be. He could re-nominate Garland for all we know.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2017, 04:41:24 pm »
We don't even know who Trump's nominee is going to be. He could re-nominate Garland for all we know.

At least so far, looks like Trump is delivering, so I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll nail his SCOTUS picks.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2017, 04:47:46 pm »

Signing damn good pro conservative legislation today.

@jmyrlefuller

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2017, 04:51:32 pm »

As for Trump...... I suppose that he won't be barging in on naked beauty contestants or bragging about his escapades to lewd talk show hosts in the next four years, but since we have no indication of his repentance for his serial adultery or abuse of women, and since his wife will not be in the WH with him, one can only hope the young female interns keep their doors locked, or at least keep their distance from his grasp.
In the event of any improprieties in that regard, we will never be heard over the rancor of the Left. They would use such to destroy him or damage him as much as possible (even though the whole Perjury and Obstruction of Justice thing Bill Clinton did was >wink wink< "just about sex".)
That's how the left rolls, and the already hostile leftist media will be on him like white on rice.

Unfortunately, that won't be attributed to his more liberal past, but will be used to defame Republicans and especially Conservatives, who would be just as quick to attack such behaviour.
At that point much depends on the 'legacy' he wants--whether MAGA trumps 'bringing down the GOPe'. I don't know, but I reckon we're going to find out.

If they do, we may not hear any future news about this gaping character flaw of his, but that certainly doesn't mean that it no longer exists, and is no longer an issue, nor does it mean, in my opinion, that we, as conservatives, should be silent as though it doesn't matter any more since he "won."
Right now, I will not add my voice to the other enemy in the ring--the Liberals. My reasons (as are yours) for opposition to Trump (the person, for his track record)  remain, but they are not the reason the Liberals oppose him. I won't add to their protest, I won't validate that which I find objectionable to object to something else, even if that is the same thing. The enemy of my enemy is often just the enemy of my enemy, not my friend.

No, I am willing to look at the situation this way. He is now POTUS. He has a new job. I expect him to conduct himself within that term of employment in such a fashion as to bring honor and respect to the Office of the President of the United States of America. His behaviour in his past employment is irrelevant at this point, though it was relevant during the hiring process and ignored by a sufficient number pf people. Now, we have what we have.

During the hiring process, he made certain promises, set goals, and those are listed (in part) here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.0.html
Within the constraints of conduct befitting his position and reflecting upon this nation, I will measure his success/failure on the basis of how well he performs the very tasks which he said he will do.

That is not a statement of faith in him, nor of abject support, but a metric by which his progress can be measured and one which it cannot be argued is unfair, as he set those goals himself. Within the framework of his employ, let his veracity, his effectiveness, his 'greatness' be measured by those.

In the meantime, we remain vigilant, we pray he is changed by the responsibilities of the office for the better, and we stay true to our own principles. He is already making JV blunders which are innate to his personality.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2017, 04:53:22 pm »
Signing damn good pro conservative legislation today.

@jmyrlefuller

I like the fact that at least so far, Trump is dancing with the ones that brought him, and not trying to reach out to the other side.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2017, 04:56:50 pm »
I like the fact that at least so far, Trump is dancing with the ones that brought him, and not trying to reach out to the other side.

I'll admit that, these few days in... But then, so did Dubya off the get-go.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2017, 05:22:36 pm »
Reagan as well known as a bed jumper back in the day before he married Nancy, bedded numerous actresses-over 50. He admitted he had  a very high sex drive when he dated Susan Haywood when  she said  she had a high sex drive and Reagan said finally he met women whose sex drive matched his.  When he broke his thigh he was dating Marilyn Monroe and she would sneak into the hospital and have sex with him.

Actress Piper Laurie said she lost her virginity to Regan when she was 18 and he 39 on the movie she filmed with him.

John Wayne was a serial adulterer. He had sex  with hundreds of women while he was married. Most are listed on the public divorce documents from his 3 wives and it was well known he would go to wild sex parties.

Our heroes were not as snow white as they appear.  There was no cell phone cameras  and no TMZ back then and journalist kept their mouths shut.

This is why I give Trump some benefit of doubt. The only perfect person died 2000 years ago.

You know, it used to be the Left that trotted out the sins and indiscretions of others to insist that Bill Clinton's sexual escapades in the Oval Orifice were immaterial.

Now it's those who self-identify as Conservatives doing the same thing, for Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »

@INVAR
@DCPatriot

Good find, @mirraflake !

You'd better edit your post.....somebody is sure to run in to correct you.  It was 1986 years ago, this coming April (according to the current calendar)    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2017, 06:13:26 pm »
The only perfect person died 2000 years ago.

He ain't dead.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2017, 06:18:08 pm »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2017, 06:23:34 pm »
You know, it used to be the Left that trotted out the sins and indiscretions of others to insist that Bill Clinton's sexual escapades in the Oval Orifice were immaterial.

Now it's those who self-identify as Conservatives doing the same thing, for Trump.

You said this: It tells me that a person of Reagan's character and principles

I just pointed out Reagan had some wild past  and was not the paragon of moral virtue you think he was.  I give Trump the same leeway.

If Trump does something  in office (adultery etc) I will be the first to skewer him.

@INVAR
@DCPatriot
@sneakypete

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #395 on: January 23, 2017, 06:37:51 pm »
You said this: It tells me that a person of Reagan's character and principles

I just pointed out Reagan had some wild past  and was not the paragon of moral virtue you think he was.  I give Trump the same leeway.

Reagan did not brag about his sins, or flaunt them.  Reagan never demonized his opponents, made up despicable accusations to get himself ahead in the polls and spent weeks bashing those who dared to dis him.

Trump did.   That lack of moral character was on full display during the primaries and the campaign.  Giving leeway to a man without demonstrable principles that go beyond self, is not wise.  It's as stupid as hiring a convicted sex offender, who bragged about his crimes in prison, to tutor your teenage daughter simply because you think his teaching qualifications are more important than his character.

That said, Trump was selected and sits on the Oval Office, despite my warrantable concerns.  I will applaud Trump when he serves the interests of Conservative principles and the Constitution - and I will eviscerate him when he demonstrates harm to the same.

Because I have such negative expectations of his tenure in office - when he does well, I get to enjoy the feeling of pleasant surprise.

Let us hope that becomes the norm over the next 4 years.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2017, 06:39:10 pm »
What a curious question you bring up.  Why would you conclude something so absurd from anything I've discussed here?

What is missing from your odd scenario is that I haven't at all been referring to "old innuendo and dark whisperings."

I have been talking about character and integrity.......... qualities that used to be desired in our leaders (at least on the Republican side).

(I actually think it's hilarious that there have been histrionics and nonsense about "religious fascism" and "church lady" smears when what I have been talking about is respect for women, which conservatives used to believe was to be valued).

I DO, however, understand that character is no longer part of the equation in selecting a Presidential nominee in either party.  The absence of integrity in his attitude toward women is only a fraction of Trump's problem.  His lack of character and truthfulness in other things is more of an issue.

And that is precisely why I no longer am a Republican.

Fine.

Now AFTER the election, you want to join in with the Left in fomenting chaos...which will lead to nothing getting done.  Or, more accurately, nothing getting UN-done.

So the economy slides more; the world gets more dangerous with China and Russia and the Islamic crazies all testing, pushing, and conquering and slaughtering.

And then, smirky Chucky Schumer can go on and hammer Trump for being a "Do-Nothing."

And then in 2020, we get Timmy Sandinista Kaine, or Squaw Warren...all ready to drive home the Beauties of Socialism.

DO you want THAT?  Whether you like it or not, and I sure don't...the only thing that stands between us and a Venezuelan collapse is the current, non-Marxist President.

And until he starts violating laws or decency in the White House, I'll guardedly support him.

I suggest you do the same, lest you wan to help the Left.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #397 on: January 23, 2017, 06:41:22 pm »
Yes, Trump isn't Reagan,   we get it! 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:08 pm »
He ain't dead.

Perhaps the most important post on this thread.

Thanks, @roamer_1 !

Offline musiclady

« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2017, 07:07:11 pm »
Fine.

Now AFTER the election, you want to join in with the Left in fomenting chaos...which will lead to nothing getting done.  Or, more accurately, nothing getting UN-done.

So the economy slides more; the world gets more dangerous with China and Russia and the Islamic crazies all testing, pushing, and conquering and slaughtering.

And then, smirky Chucky Schumer can go on and hammer Trump for being a "Do-Nothing."

And then in 2020, we get Timmy Sandinista Kaine, or Squaw Warren...all ready to drive home the Beauties of Socialism.

DO you want THAT?  Whether you like it or not, and I sure don't...the only thing that stands between us and a Venezuelan collapse is the current, non-Marxist President.

And until he starts violating laws or decency in the White House, I'll guardedly support him.

I suggest you do the same, lest you wan to help the Left.

Nothing in your post accurately reflects a single thing I have said on this thread, or elsewhere, nor what I have ever thought.

I suggest you keep your imagination to yourself and not project it on others.

Nothing I say or think helps the left in any way, shape or form, your reckless accusations notwithstanding.

The left was helped when Trump became our nominee.  Pretending he isn't what he is, is neither honest, nor conservative.

I'm not doing that, and it most certainly doesn't make me a leftist because I won't.

Again............. your entire post is made up of false assumptions and an erroneous imagination.