Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43756 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »

Bipartisan Report ‏@Bipartisanism 1m1 minute ago

Chicago has officially joined the #WomensMarch in full force!
Wow. Nice weather, so green out, too...looks like summer out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2017, 08:24:41 pm »
One sign I saw, displayed by a "protestor," read, "Keep Your Hands Off My P**sy."

I saw many many variations of that.  But the sign that really got my attention was one that said "My IUD is named 'Mike Pence'".  After seeing the sign, I saw the face of the one carrying it and thought, "Why on earth would you ever need an IUD?"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2017, 08:25:41 pm »
aka Massive Woman March

@truth_seeker

Besides them being emotional timebombs,it's not hard to see why men want nothing to do with them,and why they hate men.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:56 pm »
I saw many many variations of that.  But the sign that really got my attention was one that said "My IUD is named 'Mike Pence'".  After seeing the sign, I saw the face of the one carrying it and thought, "Why on earth would you ever need an IUD?"

Classy things to teach the children at the march   The left is vulgar and revels in it
God is still in control

Wingnut

« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2017, 08:27:38 pm »

Cub's World Series celebration.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2017, 08:39:05 pm »
Classy things to teach the children at the march   The left is vulgar and revels in it

@Mom MD

There is a divorced woman in her late 20's that works at the local grocery store. She used to work at the Hardee's across the street from the grocery store,but moved up. For some reason she was friendly while at Hardees,but not so friendly at the grocery store. One day she was in the checkout line as a customer with her little girl who was maybe 7 or 8 at the time,and after asking her about her daughter,I teasingly asked the daughter if she was married. She actually shrieked "NO,I'M NOT MARRIED! I DON'T NEED NO DAMN MAN!"

Her mother's whole face lit up in pride,and she started smiling from ear to ear.

Somehow I think that girl is going to have a number of hostile romances and most a likely a couple of divorces in her future. All thanks to a man-hating mother who raised  her little girl to hate and distrust all men.

Of course,me being me,I pointed out to the mother this was no way to raise a child and it was a form of child abuse,so she doesn't even speak to me anymore other than to tell  me how much I owe when I buy groceries. Every time I see her I think about the future hell she created for her daughter and the boys and men in her future life,and about how all of them are likely to pass THEIR grief on down the line to others,too.

All of us,including me really need to work on stopping this "group hate" stuff. I have had my own difficulties with women in life (big shock there,huh?),but I just can't imagine a world where I would program a son to grow up hating and distrusting all women because *I* had a few difficulties with a few of them myself. Children should at least be offered the option of screwing up their OWN lives,we don't have to do it for them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:39:58 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2017, 08:47:02 pm »

Seriously?  Who's got time for that?
Most of what is on teevee is available 'on demand', too, or YouTubed. If they want to watch it, chances are they can call it up on their phone..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:47:21 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2017, 08:49:48 pm »
We mock the millions and millions of men, women, and children around the world whose visceral reaction to DT drove them to make their presence known.
Ridicule, dismissive commentary puts us on the wrong side of yesterday's march.
Just my opinion.

To each his own but I personally would not be caught dead among the likes of those marching in the streets of Washington yesterday.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2017, 08:55:35 pm »
To each his own but I personally would not be caught dead among the likes of those marching in the streets of Washington yesterday.
You said it. There may be a few who were genuinely expressing their dislike for Trump's past disrespectful behaviour toward women, but the vast majority in the photos seem to be the usual aggrieved folks, with the usual gripes, and the standard pro-abortion 'Womyn's Rites' song and dance.
I wasn't there, I'm more careful after the race riots there long ago (60s) to not make navigational errors and avoid unwanted conflict zones.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2017, 09:03:02 pm »

I understand that completely, and I wouldn't be there if my life depended on it.

But there were 500,000 people there yesterday and a lot of them were neither hard core leftists, nor were they fat, ugly women carrying vulgar signs.

I'm going to repeat what was said upthread.   I think it's a mistake to assume that the majority of women there (and men) were just crackpot leftist hags, or that they were all ill informed.  (Or, actually, that women who supported Trump actually were informed).

Donald Trump is an open misogynist who treats women like pieces of meat.

A lot of respectable, VERY conservative people (both men and women) are very troubled by that.

And I think the numbers in the march yesterday reflect that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:03:30 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2017, 09:08:24 pm »
You said it. There may be a few who were genuinely expressing their dislike for Trump's past disrespectful behaviour toward women, but the vast majority in the photos seem to be the usual aggrieved folks, with the usual gripes, and the standard pro-abortion 'Womyn's Rites' song and dance.
I wasn't there, I'm more careful after the race riots there long ago (60s) to not make navigational errors and avoid unwanted conflict zones.

I just talked to a family member who lives in DC (a conservative young man who didn't go to the march).  There were no incidents yesterday, and there were so many people that they couldn't even march.

I've been repeating the message here often, but most choose to disregard it.

Trump's disrespect for and degradation of women is significant.

Clearly more significant than most here would care to admit.

And the issue isn't going to go away.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2017, 09:14:35 pm »
Most of what is on teevee is available 'on demand', too, or YouTubed. If they want to watch it, chances are they can call it up on their phone..

I know.  I was really commenting in kind on the blanket comment.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

I wonder where that image came from?  Tineye couldn't find it anywhere on the web in a reverse search.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »
Trump's disrespect for and degradation of women is significant.

Clearly more significant than most here would care to admit.

And the issue isn't going to go away.

I wonder how that's going to manifest itself as he goes about running his office?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2017, 09:28:44 pm »
I wonder where that image came from?  Tineye couldn't find it anywhere on the web in a reverse search.

Let me help you.  What big deal just happened in Chicago this past October.  It was Huge.  108 years in the making.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2017, 09:38:44 pm »
Let me help you.  What big deal just happened in Chicago this past October.  It was Huge.  108 years in the making.

Yes, I figured that out from your clue.  That's what get me doing a reverse image search on it, and nothing turned up.  Haven't seen that before.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2017, 09:42:23 pm »
Yes, I figured that out from your clue.  That's what get me doing a reverse image search on it, and nothing turned up.  Haven't seen that before.

It was only the largest human gathering in the USA...ever!

****slapping

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2017, 09:43:00 pm »
I understand that completely, and I wouldn't be there if my life depended on it.

But there were 500,000 people there yesterday and a lot of them were neither hard core leftists, nor were they fat, ugly women carrying vulgar signs.

I'm going to repeat what was said upthread.   I think it's a mistake to assume that the majority of women there (and men) were just crackpot leftist hags, or that they were all ill informed.  (Or, actually, that women who supported Trump actually were informed).

Donald Trump is an open misogynist who treats women like pieces of meat.

A lot of respectable, VERY conservative people (both men and women) are very troubled by that.

And I think the numbers in the march yesterday reflect that.

Your constant one hit wonder bashing of Trump over comments he may have made towards women makes you sound  like a woman men have never hit on and your jealous leanings come through on all your threads
 The fact is àll the women at the marches were leftist, pro choice types and would have be
en there regardless what Trump said about women.
@musiclady

Online corbe

« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2017, 09:54:42 pm »
Your constant one hit wonder bashing of Trump over comments he may have made towards women makes you sound  like a woman men have never hit on and your jealous leanings come through on all your threads
 The fact is àll the women at the marches were leftist, pro choice types and would have be
en there regardless what Trump said about women.
@musiclady

So @mirraflake the Bush Hollywood tape is fake?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2017, 09:58:25 pm »

@mirraflake doesn't answer questions when the answers prove him/her wrong. I asked a question up thread that has yet to be answered for that very reason.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2017, 10:01:50 pm »
What he said on tape trying to be bragdoscious to some young guy and what he does in real life is entirely different.  He was in Hollywood mode. Female employees of Trump across the board said he was nothing but respectfull towards them.
@corbe

Offline musiclady

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2017, 10:03:05 pm »

It was only the largest human gathering in the USA...ever!

****slapping

And clearly the most important.......

(unless you happen to be an Indians' fan.  ^-^)

Offline flowers

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »
More murders in the history of the city?  @Wingnut

Offline musiclady

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2017, 10:10:28 pm »

No. It just means that the poor fellow believes Trump just said what every male in the world says because every single one of you is perverse  (and you're "naïve" if you don't realize that every man degrades women on a regular basis).

That's the "one note" message of the young lad who keeps pinging me as though I care what he says about anything after he smeared every decent man on this forum.......   **nononono*

Online corbe

« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2017, 10:10:43 pm »
What he said on tape trying to be bragdoscious to some young guy and what he does in real life is entirely different.  He was in Hollywood mode. Female employees of Trump across the board said he was nothing but respectfull towards them.
@corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.