Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43545 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:22 am »

...as opposed to this???
That reminds me, I need to get the goldfish a new bicycle...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:43 am »
True.  But we should not stand with the Left on this occasion.  They are not marching to protest Trump's misogyny - they are mentioning it only to give themselves a sense of legitimacy.  They are ranting mobs of juvenile agitators simply pissed off Hillary did not win and Obama did not decide to declare himself emperor for life.

They believe their religion of sex without consequences and agenda of redistribution is threatened, and this is the reason they decided to "march".    They are outraged that an overt Commie Leftist is not still running the government and plundering the culture and society as they demand.

So to them, they were robbed - and they intend to make every justification for tossing this fit.

This is not the time, or the people to stand together with - because their motivations for protest are not OUR motivations. 

Ours may be proven out in short order - and then we can say we warned them.

But this spectacle of debauchery and decadence - is not the event, or the occasion.

I agree.

But if you saw the conversations of women (and men who care about women) on FB or other places, you saw that many of the people interested in this march were not radicals, nor hardcore pro-abortion women.   It was moderate and non-political women who didn't go, but were in support of marching against Trump because of his behavior toward women (factual, not political).

I am not saying that it is right to stand together with these women and their evil motives.  But I am saying that the average woman out there doesn't know who George Soros is, isn't pro-abortion, isn't hardcore in any sense, doesn't like that Trump doesn't respect women.

Again, we can't ignore the damage is doing to conservatism to the people in the middle.

As I said before, this isn't the most significant damage that he's doing, but it is also not insignificant.

The lies the left told about us in the past are now true with Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2017, 02:25:30 am »
You know, a few hundred thousand women all dressed as catgirls?  I could be persuaded to enjoy that in person.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2017, 02:27:50 am »
Yes, they are serious questions. No, we should not forget. We should demand better behaviour, at least in public, by our leaders, though I doubt that will make any difference what they say, do, or think in private. Still, that does not mean that officially they should not comport themselves as is fitting for the premier representative of the American People.

I haven't forgotten Mr. Trump's numerous flaws, and I have taken plenty of flack for pointing them out. However, I might desire a specific high end tool to work on something and make do with a pawn shop special which never was the quality of what I wanted to work with. That means it is up to me to make sure the tool gets the job done. He is the tool we have, at the insistence of those who made the decision over our objections.
We either sharpen that tool, reshape it, modify it to do the job we want done, or we can complain and watch a mess be made. Our attempts may be met with a lack of success, or they may fail, but at least we will have tried.
We don't get to summarily toss the tool out, or nothing we want, however imperfect, will happen. We play the cards we have been dealt at this point, or we fold.

That all assumes that "we" have the power to have any influence whatsoever on the tool.

That's a pretty big assumption, isn't it, considering that the tool is a narcissist?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HonestJohn

« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2017, 02:28:13 am »
Oh, Jesus, Lord, God and Savior.....please SHUT UP!     22222frying pan

Why should she?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2017, 02:41:12 am »
That all assumes that "we" have the power to have any influence whatsoever on the tool.

That's a pretty big assumption, isn't it, considering that the tool is a narcissist?
Not so much. Narcissists are manipulated by manipulating the perception of how people like them. Echo chambers and yes men might hit the mark, the usual leftists will only be ignored. If the MAGA conga line gets out of line a little, though that might have an influence. Without adulation a narcissist starts having problems.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2017, 02:50:16 am »
Not so much. Narcissists are manipulated by manipulating the perception of how people like them. Echo chambers and yes men might hit the mark, the usual leftists will only be ignored. If the MAGA conga line gets out of line a little, though that might have an influence. Without adulation a narcissist starts having problems.

We've seen that at work over the last eight years, and will likely see it in the next four.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2017, 02:59:12 am »
We've seen that at work over the last eight years, and will likely see it in the next four.
True that. Although the adulation never really went away for the one who just left. The MSM, afraid of being decried as 'racist', never really let him have it. They won't pull any punches on Trump, but he has the luxury of ignoring them as Liberals. I still think our best bet to influence anything is through Congress, but that hasn't exactly been responsive, either.

However, in Trump's campaign, he did make a series of promises, many of which are do-able, would move in the right direction, and can be accomplished in a Constitutional fashion. If he is reminded of those promises, just maybe he will deliver some good. He seems to be backing water on some of his signature items, though, and I'm not sure if hubris will override his cravings to really be 'yuuge' and 'the best'. People like that can rewrite their belief system in a heartbeat if it gives them the feelgood they crave.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2017, 03:44:24 am »

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2017, 04:10:57 am »
I agree.

But if you saw the conversations of women (and men who care about women) on FB or other places, you saw that many of the people interested in this march were not radicals, nor hardcore pro-abortion women.   It was moderate and non-political women who didn't go, but were in support of marching against Trump because of his behavior toward women (factual, not political).

I am not saying that it is right to stand together with these women and their evil motives.  But I am saying that the average woman out there doesn't know who George Soros is, isn't pro-abortion, isn't hardcore in any sense, doesn't like that Trump doesn't respect women.

Again, we can't ignore the damage is doing to conservatism to the people in the middle.

As I said before, this isn't the most significant damage that he's doing, but it is also not insignificant.

The lies the left told about us in the past are now true with Trump.

Look, the electorate who put Trump in office didn't give two shakes about Trump's inability to keep his wedding vows or his hands off other mens wives, nor all the crass demonizations he offered throughout the campaign - so what does that tell us about the character of the people in this country?

It tells me that a person of Reagan's character and principles stands a snow cone's chance in a blast furnace of ever being elected to high office in this country.

This people wanted either a traitor and criminal grifter or a crass and bombastic egomaniac for their ruler.  So we got the latter.

The country does not want the kind of principled Christian Conservatism you and I are governed by.  They want what we got.

As such, Trump will get to skate on all his foibles as assuredly as Obama did among his acolytes and Conservatism as we once knew it gets relegated to irrelevance and extinction.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2017, 04:16:59 am »

Look, the electorate who put Trump in office didn't give two shakes about Trump's inability to keep his wedding vows or his hands off other mens wives, nor all the crass demonizations he offered throughout the campaign - so what does that tell us about the character of the people in this country?

It tells me that a person of Reagan's character and principles stands a snow cone's chance in a blast furnace of ever being elected to high office in this country.

This people wanted either a traitor and criminal grifter or a crass and bombastic egomaniac for their ruler.  So we got the latter.

The country does not want the kind of principled Christian Conservatism you and I are governed by.  They want what we got.

As such, Trump will get to skate on all his foibles as assuredly as Obama did among his acolytes and Conservatism as we once knew it gets relegated to irrelevance and extinction.

You just don't get it, @INVAR

You imply that Trump won because a decadent electorate chose him as one of them.  That's flipping moronic.

If a Ronald Reagan-type had the same exact message as Trump did, he would be POTUS today.

Instead, we got nothing but @txradioguy 's idea of the perfect candidate.   The one who says "Barack Obama would make a fine POTUS"....or one that spouts all his failures were due to inexperience, etc..   ....instead of just plain intent to destroy and ruin and divide.

Jesus H. Christ!!   You're hopeless.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2017, 04:19:19 am »
That isn't an answer to either of my questions.

Are you saying that Trump's rampant immorality and degradation of women should not be discussed until 2020?  That the fact that his lifestyle values do not reflect anything that is remotely conservative needs to be ignored for four years?

IOW, are you saying that we, as conservatives, need to deep six our own values and allow the leftist lies (or at least what used to be lies) about Conservatives be proven right?

What exactly are you saying?
I can't speak for the other; but what I for one am saying is, the election is OVER.

Given the chance to nominate someone else, the Republican voters passed on it.

Given the choice between Trump and that woman dying of Parkinsons and drowning in embezzlement and graft...there was no choice but to pick Trump.

The election is over.  What he did in the past, is not relevant anymore.

If he misbehaves in office, that's a valid discussion.  What has he done, in the last 30 hours, that might raise your hackles?

Drudging up old innuendo and dark whisperings, does nothing - except empower the Democrats, and we've seen that conga line of freaks...empower them in continuing their Leftist destruction of what remains of the nation.

DO you want THAT?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2017, 04:25:41 am »
I can't speak for the other; but what I for one am saying is, the election is OVER.

Given the chance to nominate someone else, the Republican voters passed on it.

Given the choice between Trump and that woman dying of Parkinsons and drowning in embezzlement and graft...there was no choice but to pick Trump.

The election is over.  What he did in the past, is not relevant anymore.

If he misbehaves in office, that's a valid discussion.  What has he done, in the last 30 hours, that might raise your hackles?

Drudging up old innuendo and dark whisperings, does nothing - except empower the Democrats, and we've seen that conga line of freaks...empower them in continuing their Leftist destruction of what remains of the nation.

DO you want THAT?

Perhaps, coming from you, it'll sink in.  But not likely.

She'll take it as giving in.  And she's too stubborn.

No....she'd rather keep carrying on around here, praying for the day when she can say, "I told you so!". 

Offline corbe

« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2017, 04:28:20 am »
You just don't get it, @INVAR

You imply that Trump won because a decadent electorate chose him as one of them.  That's flipping moronic.

If a Ronald Reagan-type had the same exact message as Trump did, he would be POTUS today.

Instead, we got nothing but @txradioguy 's idea of the perfect candidate.   The one who says "Barack Obama would make a fine POTUS"....or one that spouts all his failures were due to inexperience, etc..   ....instead of just plain intent to destroy and ruin and divide.

@DCPatriot us Conservatives felt we had a Ronald Reagan type person who also had a Ronald Reagan type message and he could have beat hellary, I believe, BUT, alas (clutching my pearls) he was destroyed by an unconventional campaign and a back stabbing party he was obviously unprepared for, but 2020 is only 4 years away, he's a quick learner, better hope your boy doesn't stumble to much..
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2017, 04:28:32 am »
I still maintain that supporting Trump's misogyny does serious harm to conservatism, and dismissing his vile speech and abuse of women as nothing is dangerous.

My guess is that it's not even remotely similar to anything you've ever said, @Mom MD .

I'm not 'supporting' the march (I haven't in anything I've said here), but what I am saying is that many, many conservative women are troubled by who Trump is.   And based on the nasty things he said about and to women during the campaign, I would venture to say that he hasn't "matured" a bit.

But I guess all of you can "hope" he has "changed."

Have you done any reading at all on Trump?  I have...no, not his ghostwritten autobios.  What he's done and who he's hired.

I've made it plain, I'm less-than-impressed.  With much of his life and what it is he really did.  BUT.  One thing that's NOTABLY missing, is racism and misogyny.

He's hired women for important positions.  He put his daughter through college and grad school...and DIDN'T hire her.

Because he wanted her to learn, the hard way, in the real world.  Not to have the skids greased, and not have her become a socialite like Paris Hilton.

Ivanka went to work for Forest City Enterprises in Cleveland.  Which surprised me when I learned of it - I lived in Cleveland for many of those years, and Forest City was a prominent real-estate development firm.  The top brass were frequently in society news; and they own the landmark Terminal Tower Building.

But, even with The Apprentice running, not a word about Trump's kid working in Cleveland.  She kept a very, very low profile...maybe used an assumed name.

That was all GOOD.  She LEARNED, and now she's part of the Trump operation and now, for better or worse, part of the White House team.  I have serious differences with her, also - she's very, very liberal - but what was done shows nothing but a father trying to teach his grown child the real-world of business.

Then there are all the spokeswomen and all the advisers and counselors in there who are female.  No...I'm sorry, but the Democrats are going to have to spring for new cue cards.  Trump is nothing they accuse him of.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2017, 04:34:08 am »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2017, 04:47:52 am »
You just don't get it

Actually - I DO get it.  I'm just looking at all of this through a prism you probably have no use for.

Is it?

I have had those exact words said to my face, typed in reply to posts made here and elsewhere - that Trump WAS THEM.  They were choosing Trump - because he represents THEM in all aspects of his life and aspirations.

People like Cruz and Paul and Carson were said to be a worse evil than Trump.

WRONG.  He would have been destroyed by the Establishment in concert with the media and the Alt Right as assuredly as Cruz was if not moreso.

Hell, your boy Trump would have flung as vitriolic demonizations as could be mustered to do to a Reagan that which was done to his opponents during this past campaign.  Not only that, Reagan would NEVER have had the same exact message as Trump - because Reagan was not a lifelong Liberal Democrat espousing Nationalist Populism.

But that is what you folks want now.  NOT what Reagan stood for and campaigned upon and governed as.  You all wanted what Trump was promising, and threatening, and declaring - and applauded the manner and way in which he achieved it.

Reagan was a gentleman and a statesman. 

Trump is neither of those things as evidenced in this past campaign and his tweeting history.

Instead, we got nothing but @txradioguy 's idea of the perfect candidate.   The one who says "Barack Obama would make a fine POTUS"….

Excuse you? 

It was Trump who said that Obama was going to make a fine president.  trump said the same exact thing about Hillary too.   It was Trump who VOTED for Obama and congratulated him on winning.

Reagan would not have VOTED for Obama simply because he only wants to vote for 'winers' when that 'winner' was intent on destroying the principles that governed Reagan's life.

If your intent is to persuade me to your way of thinking… then yes, such is a hopeless endeavor on your part.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2017, 05:02:35 am »

@INVAR

Being a Christian Conservative is NOT the same thing as being a POLITICAL conservative. Your religion does NOT and should NOT run our government.

And dealing with the foibles of a religious government would be any better? Do you know ANYTHING about the historic corruption and police states created by organized religion all through history?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:03:02 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MOD4

« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2017, 05:02:48 am »
Can anyone tell me what this topic was all about.
Please recap.
No Power Point.
Slides are okay.

Thank you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2017, 05:04:45 am »
Please recap.
No Power Point.
Slides are okay.

Thank you.

Hordes of cosplay catgirls?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2017, 05:05:01 am »
Please recap.
No Power Point.
Slides are okay.

Thank you.

@MOD4

Religious loons from the socialist fascist religion protesting against Trumps election. Their team lost,and they just can't stand it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MOD4

« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2017, 05:09:24 am »
So Naked large women with funny hats have nothing to do with it?

@MOD4

Religious loons from the socialist fascist religion protesting against Trumps election. Their team lost,and they just can't stand it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2017, 05:18:32 am »
Please recap.
No Power Point.
Slides are okay.

Thank you.

the site is stuck in the same daily "endless do-loop"

over and over

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2017, 05:20:54 am »

over and over

And you've done what exactly to help get it out of this mythical rut?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline MOD4

« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2017, 05:22:38 am »

over and over

Be a de-looper.  Refuse to play.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:50:14 am by MOD4 »