Author Topic: A historic Baptist congregation in Washington, D.C. recently hired a same-sex married couple to serve as senior ministers for their church.  (Read 495 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A historic Baptist congregation in Washington, D.C. recently hired a same-sex married couple to serve as senior ministers for their church.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/historic-baptist-church-hires-same-sex-couple-to-lead-congregation-in-nations-capital-172801/

I am so sad to see that  the Baptist Church no longer follows Gods Word.  The meaning of living in the world but not being of it doesn’t ring true in some church’.   I am not one to condemn  people for what they do but  when it comes to the Pastors of a church they should be leading righteous lives.  Otherwise how will they be examples of Christ?  How can you follow the scriptures that tell us not to sin and that we are no longer slaves to sin?  Or believe that through  Christ who strengthens us we can do all things?  We can  overcome temptation.  The Bible didn’t tell us that it is good for us to follow our temptations.  The Bible is clear on homosexuality.

Why have church if Gods Word is not the guideline for living your life.

Neither hot or cold.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:46:08 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that's a sad surprise. It puts a different spin on 'by their fruits shall ye know them'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org