Author Topic: Jennifer Holliday backs out of inauguration, apologizes to LGBT people for agreeing to perform  (Read 1878 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: FOX NEWS

URL: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/14/jennifer-holliday-backs-out-inauguration-apologizes-to-lgbt-people.html

By Todd Starnes

Tony-award winning singer and original star of "Dream Girls", Jennifer Holliday has decided not to sing at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration – caving in to significant pressure from gay and lesbian fans who were outraged by her decision to put patriotism over politics.

“I sincerely apologize for my lapse of judgment, for being uneducated on the issues that affect every American at this crucial time in history and for causing such dismay and heartbreak for my fans,” Holliday wrote in a letter provided to The Wrap (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.thewrap.com_jennifer-2Dholliday-2Dtrump-2Dinauguration-2Dlgbt_&d=DwMFaQ&c=cnx1hdOQtepEQkpermZGwQ&r=LIFsq2CXVvD_WoySAw-_HbvhIm5clRbKp5XKYuWUwZU&m=qlTJ2O1JBIJJ8Bf_dJPWaJyWCJgblT4fGGTTbVubHpY&s=2rH-XTyDiUd50ta_h5D1ryds_sUlQfYHoMmbIPYL75U&e=)

The apology came one day after she defended her participation in an interview with The New York Times.

“We’ve become such a polarized country – we’re not listening to what the Obamas have said,” she told the newspaper. “They told us to move forward with hope – they didn’t tell us to stop participating.”

Holliday went on to say she was singing for the people – the nation.

“I voted for Mrs. Clinton, and they knew that. But if someone wants me to sing a national anthem or something, we think about America, and we go,” she said.

It wasn’t long before Holliday learned that the Trump Administration appreciates tolerance and diversity more than militant members of the LGBT community.

“It brought a lot of threats from people already saying I’ll never work again,” she told the newspaper. “If that’s what America has come to, where we all hate and bully people, there’s no more freedom of speech.”

Welcome to my world, Holliday – the world of the gun-toting, Bible-clinging, Deplorable Americans.

“I know everybody hates me now, but that shows we are all just hateful people now — we don’t even want to work together,” she said.

And on Saturday the militant gay and lesbian community got what they wanted – nothing short of complete allegiance to their cause.

“Please know that I HEAR YOU and I feel your pain,” she wrote in her apology letter to the lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, gender neutral, asexual, questioning, non-binary, gender fluid crowd. “The LGBT Community was mostly responsible for birthing my career and I am deeply indebted to you.”

In other words, Holliday regrets putting patriotism ahead of the personal feelings of the gay and lesbian community.

I am somewhat sympathetic to her plight. I believe this was the first time, she had been bullied by a bunch of vulgar, militant social justice warriors. It can be unnerving for first-timers.

Hell hath no fury like a lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, asexual, gender neutral, questioning, non-binary, gender fluid fan scorned.

Regardless, this ugly episode is a reminder  that we pledge allegiance to the American flag – not the Rainbow Flag.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:43:53 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline goatprairie

On a scale from 1 to 100, the needle on my "don't give good g-damn" meter nudged halfway up to one. Just swear His Royal Orangeness in and get it over with already.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Who else had never heard of her?

Silver Pines

In other words, she was fine with performing until she had to deal with pressure; then she caved.

The entertainment isn't going to be much of a hot ticket, that's for sure.  Paul Anka?  The Rockettes?  Good grief, couldn't they even get Kid Rock?

Offline flowers

Online DB

Offline dfwgator

And not a single F--- was given.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is assuming she ever intended to perform in the first place.

This could have all been just a stunt to embarrass Trump.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

This is assuming she ever intended to perform in the first place.

This could have all been just a stunt to embarrass Trump.

Somehow I don't think Trump will lose any sleep over it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Somehow I don't think Trump will lose any sleep over it.

Doubt he will either. But the Liberals and their high school mentality think they've scored a win.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk bleep.

Offline dfwgator

Doubt he will either. But the Liberals and their high school mentality think they've scored a win.

Let 'em think they've won.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I've never heard of her but I am sorry that people are not allowed to make their own choices.  But a singer probably would have to know her audience. 

Oh well.  Maybe Trump could go fishing for some Russian entertainment.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

I've never heard of her but I am sorry that people are not allowed to make their own choices.  But a singer probably would have to know her audience. 

Oh well.  Maybe Trump could go fishing for some Russian entertainment.

Who's not making their own choices?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Who's not making their own choices?

She can make them but if she does the LGBTQFESARXP......Nazi's will let her know the full affect of the gaybow.  What do I care anyway.  Trump tried the gay thing by waving their flag in Colorado.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/2/donald-trump-holds-high-flag-gay-equality/

He even included his gay rhetoric in his acceptance speech.  But Pence and Carson aren't going there.  So the gay Nazi's are in full protest mode.  So the singer can make her choice and take a backlash for the homosexual community who obviously has lots of leverage in todays world.  Yeah Trump knew it.  Because we have been catering to their every desire for too long.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Funny thing is Trump has never said anything anti-LGBTQSNAFUBAR that he would do as Prez. They are literally making up delusional fantasies out of whole cloth.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Funny thing is Trump has never said anything anti-LGBTQSNAFUBAR that he would do as Prez. They are literally making up delusional fantasies out of whole cloth.

That's because the entire Entire Media/Entertainment Industry is a branch of the DNC.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He's a Republican, which to the alphabet soup lobby is enough of a crime... well, that and they absolutely loathe Mike Pence, who they think is going to round them up and send them to conversion camps. It's pretty laughable, really—if it weren't for the fact that they wield so much control over the entertainment industry.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
On Drudge right now, a link to where it says Andrea Bocelli received death threats and that's why he backed out.

It could be the same here with Ms. Holliday.  But being black...it wouldn't fit the narrative to disclose it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's because the entire Entire Media/Entertainment Industry is a branch of the DNC.

I agree.  And I wonder what it will take for Republicans to simply find hobbies outside the entertainment industry.  Without public fanfare, I'd like to see Republicans stay away from movie theaters for at least the next six months, turn off awards programs and stop buying the Hollywood tabloids.  Just stop.  Help the entertainment industry understand that they are nothing without us, the paying audience.