Author Topic: Politico: Cruz Swatted Down Supreme Court Nomination  (Read 1145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico: Cruz Swatted Down Supreme Court Nomination
« on: January 14, 2017, 11:27:07 pm »

Newsmax
Politico: Cruz Swatted Down Supreme Court Nomination
Saturday, January 14, 2017 02:48 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Ted Cruz and Donald Trump appear to have moved past their contentious campaign, but the Texas senator does not want to become the president-elect's new Supreme Court nominee.

After Cruz spoke with Trump a week after Election Day, he and his chief of staff, David Polyansky, met with Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon and rejected the potential nomination, reports Politico, and has been emerging as one of Trump's key allies in the Senate instead.

"I think the bottom line with Ted is that the monastic life of a Supreme Court justice is simply not something that appeals to him at this stage in his life and that's notwithstanding the fact that he has already in his young legal career established himself as one of the nation's premier Supreme Court advocates," a longtime, unnamed Cruz friend commented. "But being on that side of the lectern is a different thing. He's an advocate, he's passionate about advancing the causes he believes in."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Cruz-Supreme-Court-Trump/2017/01/14/id/768584/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Politico: Cruz Swatted Down Supreme Court Nomination
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:42:50 pm »
I hope this isn't true...would love to see Cruz at SCOTUS
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:46:58 pm »
Good.  I'm glad Cruz swiped it down.  He needs to stay in the Senate, where he can still do a decent amount of fighting.  I'd love to see him be Senate Majority Leader.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 12:09:41 am »
Haters didn't vote for Trump but this is the kind of reason why I voted for Trump and in the past voted for Cruz, they are really two peas in a pod.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:36:26 am »

Not now.  Definitely needed more in the Senate.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 12:45:11 am »
Since it appears that the trend is to legislate from the bench, I feel that Cruz would be more influential in the Supreme Court.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 12:58:32 am »
I prefer to see him as president one day.  No doubt he learned a lot of lessons about what works and doesn't work in a presidential campaign.  This past run was good experience to put under his belt.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 01:08:22 am »
Good.

He can be supreme court justice after he sits in the white house.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 01:13:29 am »
Haters didn't vote for Trump but this is the kind of reason why I voted for Trump and in the past voted for Cruz, they are really two peas in a pod.

I think we've already proven your claims to have voted for Cruz lack an essential element of truthfulness.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 01:28:09 am »
@TomSea

Haters

Liberal-speak and childish thinking.

didn't vote for Trump but this is the kind of reason why I voted for Trump and in the past voted for Cruz, they are really two peas in a pod.

Lol

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 01:30:36 am »

I had heard awhile ago that Cruz didn't want to be a justice.  This confirms it.  My opinion remains the same; Ted's talents would be wasted in the SCOTUS and as the article stated; he would be bored as a justice.  We need Cruz to fight for the people in the Senate and we definitely need his conservatism in the Senate and to halt the Washington cartel.  I would love to see him as POTUS, but helping him get re-elected is where I'm throwing my support right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 03:54:53 am »
@TomSea

Liberal-speak and childish thinking.

Lol

Must be a Trump mini me because that is how Trump describes people who don't worship him.  Haters.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.