Author Topic: Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim (Video)  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Now isn't he special?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Shep wants his own rainbow gig on CNN - where he will undoubtedly feel more 'at home'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

Smith has exposed himself as an elitist media hack.  Since when does the POTUS have to listen to some reporter who won't shut up or sit down?  Since when does the POTUS have to accept media without question?  He might check other media people to see what they had to say about the incident, like F. Chuck Todd and Joe Scarborough to name but two.  In fact, most of the headlines I have seen have also come down on CNN.  I was somewhat under the impression the shoe was on the other foot, media people were to show respect for the POTUS which neither the reporter or CNN did.  Smith ought to be canned so he can go share his elitism on CNN.

So you're arguing that Obama shouldn't have ever had to deal with it (not that he did)...

...and all those conservative arguments that said that was wrong, were wrong as well.

Offline skeeter

So you're arguing that Obama shouldn't have ever had to deal with it (not that he did)...

...and all those conservative arguments that said that was wrong, were wrong as well.

Why are you more concerned with hypotheticals than what actually happened?

HonestJohn

Why are you more concerned with hypotheticals than what actually happened?

I don't like hypocrisy.

I tend to review my political thinking by asking if I'd tolerate the opposition doing what I espouse... TO ME.

And if it'd turn my stomach, then it ain't right.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:11:43 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

You are correct.  I seldom watch Fox anymore, either.  I do watch CNN and saw exactly how they reported this information about what Russia had on Trump.  It was well done.  My significant other had Fox on when Shep Smith defended CNN and he was right in his reporting.

Some here habitually dump on CNN and think Trump is right to dump on the whole news media.  In other words, it's okay to have a tyrant as president as long as the tyrant is theirs.  Trump attacks the media and anyone else because he can't stand anyone who has a thought other than his.  He would put all the media in jail right now if he could and also all our intelligence people for the same reason.  Trump is despicable and the US will suffer dramatically while he is in office.  I expect him to likely be responsible for starting a nuclear war.

Yep.  I don't listen to CNN because it is a Liberal Mouthpiece.  I can make that choice.  I don't want Trump deciding for me which news source should be listened too.  It is really about the threat of Freedom of the Press.  In this case they did not report fake news.  It is news that a Dossier was published.  It would be different if they said it was all substantiated claims but they didn't.  As far as I am concerned I don't want it hidden from the public that Dossiers are being delivered from anywhere.  What is news to me is that we are still struggling with Russia and interference.  Russia should not be American news period.  Just look at our forum.  Its all being manipulated by Russian threats.  And Trump keeps acting like they are his good friends.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:32:27 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hondo69

Yep.  I don't listen to CNN because it is a Liberal Mouthpiece.  I can make that choice.  I don't want Trump deciding for me which news source should be listened too.  It is really about the threat of Freedom of the Press.

Please explain how Trump is deciding for you which news to listen to.

HonestJohn

I don't watch television news.

It's too slow, too shallow, and tends to cover only the most popular of topics (ie: kitten in a tree scenarios).

I prefer on-line print news.  In a 15-minute span, I can read a 7-10 page article that covers a topic in depth.  And in the process, highlight interesting back-story information for later searches in other browser tabs.

And I can check out other sources for the same topic to see if *ALL* the information was actually covered.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:51:39 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline mrclose

I don't like hypocrisy.

I tend to review my political thinking by asking if I'd tolerate the opposition doing what I espouse... TO ME.

And if it'd turn my stomach, then it ain't right.
Some real mental gymnastics to come to this pile of doo.

Who, in your world ever said it would be okay to act like a Jackass at an Obama presser?

And who in your world EVER screamed and yelled at Obama at a presser?

They kissed Obama's Ass and that idiot would have been crucified by his own network if he had pulled that $#it at an Obama presser!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Hondo69

Sometimes I turn the sound completely off and just watch the body language - I get bored quickly.

It's easy to spot the used car salesman types right away.  Their heads bob and weave when they are speaking (see Barack Obama and Bill Clinton).  Presenting a moving target is always a dead giveaway.  Then there are others whose eyes dart around too much.  They seem nervous which makes me nervous.

But most come across as very sincere.  It therefore becomes very hard to tell who's lying just from body language alone, so I focus on the eyes.  Some have kind eyes, some have dead eyes like a shark.  Usually after a couple of minutes I get bored with my little game and move on.

As a side note I got a good chuckle playing the game one day with the sound off.  I started thinking Charles Krauthammer had the perfect body language for selling me a lemon of a used car - then I remembered he was in a wheel chair.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Previously I had heard it on the radio, just watched it.

Hard to sympathize with an obnoxious reporter obnoxiously shouting out his question IMO.

Imagine someone doing that to you.

As for Trump saying they're "fake news"... he should have just said they were being rude IMO.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:39:08 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline kevindavis007

Two wrongs don't make a right. Using the excuse of "well Obama did it". Will grow tiresome very quickly.

Trump is about to be the POTUS...he needs to start acting like it.

Correct on both counts..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

HonestJohn

Some real mental gymnastics to come to this pile of doo.

Who, in your world ever said it would be okay to act like a Jackass at an Obama presser?

And who in your world EVER screamed and yelled at Obama at a presser?

They kissed Obama's Ass and that idiot would have been crucified by his own network if he had pulled that $#it at an Obama presser!

Are you saying you never wanted the press to question Obama in such a manner?  If you did, then you wanted the press to question the President/President-elect in that manner.

And that's just what happened.

Anything else is hypocrisy.

HonestJohn

Hard to sympathize with an obnoxious reporter obnoxiously shouting out his question IMO.

As for Trump saying they're "fake news"... he should have just said they were being rude IMO.

Bingo.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Are you saying you never wanted the press to question Obama in such a manner?  If you did, then you wanted the press to question the President/President-elect in that manner.

And that's just what happened.

Anything else is hypocrisy.

Do I want the Presstitute at an Obama PC to keep obnoxiously asking a question over and over again despite not being called upon?

No.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Shep wants his own rainbow gig on CNN - where he will undoubtedly feel more 'at home'.

Well he did just put his NYC condo up for sale.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Wouldn't you be shouting if god elect was twittering that your News Station is fake News?  He deserved an explanation for the false reporting Donald does on twitter.  It was not fake news.  It was true that there was a Dossier.  They did not say that it was verified information.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.