Author Topic: Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim (Video)  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim (Video)

Brian Flood

The Wrap January 11, 2017

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith defended CNN on Wednesday after Donald Trump accused the network of being “fake news” at a news conference for reporting on the existence of a Russian dossier of unverified allegations about the president-elect.

“President-elect Trump today told CNN’s Jim Acosta that his organization amounts to fake news. CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property,” Smith said, drawing a distinction between CNN’s reporting and that of BuzzFeed News, which released the entire contents of the Russian dossier.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-defends-rival-cnn-against-donald-trump-213951823.html

I did not join in on the other thread celebrating  Trump attacking the media again.  I did not enjoy Trump treating the reporter in that fashion.  I don’t  watch CNN and I don’t watch FOX any longer since it became  Trump media.  I am glad that they are defending CNN against Trumps tantrum though.  If CNN reported incorrectly fine.  It would come out but not allowing a question to define what it was that was fake is Nazi.  He has been doing this to the media all along.

It is my suspicion that the dossier came directly from Russia who knows what a loose cannon Trump is.  Be prepared for more because they have his number.  They know how to manipulate him and offend him.  Which in turn if you ask me portrays a weak man.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

If CNN reported incorrectly fine.  It would come out

It didn't come out until Trump slammed them on a national press conference. Your delicate sensibilities may be offended by this style of warfare against a wholly proven corrupt 4th estate, but after watching 8 years of Bush sit around on his hands while wild conspiracies, innuendos and outright lies were allowed to fester to the point they are taken as gospel 8 years later, I'll take this no nonsense approach.

I will also add that you are citing the most outright disgusting hack Lib news guys at FOX for your talking points. Last month he said that people children would die because of a weather event.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaH5nU1Ls0

If you watched the hard news program on that channel, Special Report, you would have seen a two separate Lib media guys (Howard Kurtz and a fat balding man) explain that what CNN did was a disgrace and a black eye for real journalism. It was also pointed out that CNN smeared one of Trumps longtime lawyers, Micheal Cohen, going off the erroneous info in the 35 page document......without even calling the guy to see if it was even him described in the smears.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It didn't come out until Trump slammed them on a national press conference. Your delicate sensibilities may be offended by this style of warfare against a wholly proven corrupt 4th estate, but after watching 8 years of Bush sit around on his hands while wild conspiracies, innuendos and outright lies were allowed to fester to the point they are taken as gospel 8 years later, I'll take this no nonsense approach.

I will also add that you are citing the most outright disgusting hack Lib news guys at FOX for your talking points. Last month he said that people children would die because of a weather event.....

If you watched the hard news program on that channel, Special Report, you would have seen a two separate Lib media guys (Howard Kurtz and a fat balding man) explain that what CNN did was a disgrace and a black eye for real journalism. It was also pointed out that CNN smeared one of Trumps longtime lawyers, Micheal Cohen, going off the erroneous info in the 35 page document......without even calling the guy to see if it was even him described in the smears.

Let the man ask the question and then answer.  Trump is creating his own reason to shut out the media.  Not that I don't know CNN is a Liberal news source with left leaning news.  I do.  But he should have allowed the question and then responded with accurate information.  It would have been more effective and Trump would have appeared more Presidential.  Otherwise he is just a bully. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Let the man ask the question and then answer.  Trump is creating his own reason to shut out the media.  Not that I don't know CNN is a Liberal news source with left leaning news.  I do.  But he should have allowed the question and then responded with accurate information.  It would have been more effective and Trump would have appeared more Presidential.  Otherwise he is just a bully.

Bullshit. Did you watch the video of the event? Trump was fielding questions from reporters when Acosta started interrupting like a child. He literally was calling for equal time because he thought it was a debate. What the hell right does he have to intervene on a press conference? If he doesn't get called on he can go back to his sham news network and report that. He doesn't get to hijack the event.

I hope Trump does this every press conference. I, and a whole lot of people, are tired of these worthless mealy mouth press events where lying liars get to control the narrative.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Bullshit. Did you watch the video of the event? Trump was fielding questions from reporters when Acosta started interrupting like a child. He literally was calling for equal time because he thought it was a debate. What the hell right does he have to intervene on a press conference? If he doesn't get called on he can go back to his sham news network and report that. He doesn't get to hijack the event.

I hope Trump does this every press conference. I, and a whole lot of people, are tired of these worthless mealy mouth press events where lying liars get to control the narrative.

I watched the video.  Totally disagree with you.

HonestJohn

As you say, the 4th estate is wholly corrupt.

So why do you trust this article?

If you believed your own words, you'd have dismissed all news all the time.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Possessing a media badge does not provide you a blank check to behave like a 12 year old during a press conference.  Rotten children sometimes need to be reminded of their manners and go sit in the corner.

When president Obama openly attacked Fox News hardly a sniff was heard from the Left.  When the Obama administration hacked into computers of Fox journalists it was a non-story.  But when Trump slaps down some self righteous blowhard trying to disrupt a press conference the Left begins yelling the world is about to end.

Personally, I'd like to see ejector seats installed where the media sits.  At least get the hook.

Offline Frank Cannon

As you say, the 4th estate is wholly corrupt.

So why do you trust this article?

If you believed your own words, you'd have dismissed all news all the time.

It's not a think piece or spun article I am responding to wise ass. It's a direct quote from Shemp.

“President-elect Trump today told CNN’s Jim Acosta that his organization amounts to fake news. CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property,” Smith said....

....“Though we at Fox News cannot confirm CNN’s report, it is our observation that its correspondents followed journalistic standards,” Smith said. “Neither they, nor any other journalists, should be subjected to belittling and delegitimizing by the president-elect of the United States.”

There is also a video of Shemp saying this in a video at the posters link if you bothered to read the full Yahoo piece.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Possessing a media badge does not provide you a blank check to behave like a 12 year old during a press conference.  Rotten children sometimes need to be reminded of their manners and go sit in the corner.

When president Obama openly attacked Fox News hardly a sniff was heard from the Left.  When the Obama administration hacked into computers of Fox journalists it was a non-story.  But when Trump slaps down some self righteous blowhard trying to disrupt a press conference the Left begins yelling the world is about to end.

Personally, I'd like to see ejector seats installed where the media sits.  At least get the hook.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Using the excuse of "well Obama did it". Will grow tiresome very quickly.

Trump is about to be the POTUS...he needs to start acting like it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:33:26 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Two wrongs don't make a right. Using the excuse of "well Obama did it". Will grow tiresome very quickly.

I did a poor job of trying to make my points.  It was not that if Obama did something then it was OK for Trump to do the same.

The primary point is that if the media is out of line they should be held accountable.  In my opinion, this reporter was way out of line for acting like a spoiled brat and Trump should not hesitate for an instant for treating him as such.

The secondary point pertains to the general media follow up in reaction to the Trump slap down.  They get on their high horse and complain that their media badge provides them a blank check to behave like children if they want to.  With cries of media integrity, freedom of the press and checks and balances they suddenly see themselves as intrepid journalists in search for the truth.

This incident, which created a firestorm, rates about a 1 on the 1 to 10 importance scale.  Yet this same group of media was strangely silent when other members of the media were repeatedly attacked in incidents that rated a 10 on the same scale.  Selective outrage should not only be pointed out when it happens, but it should also be used to beat them over the head repeatedly.  It's called accountability.

As a side note it does my heart good to see the media being forced to defend positions which are indefensible.  The Founders were counting on just such a scenario.

Offline skeeter

I watched the video.  Totally disagree with you.

In all honesty the president cannot afford to respond to reporters' shouted questions out of turn. I've never seen one do it.

And of course there were none who would've done that to Obama.

HonestJohn

It's not a think piece or spun article I am responding to wise ass. It's a direct quote from Shemp.

“President-elect Trump today told CNN’s Jim Acosta that his organization amounts to fake news. CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property,” Smith said....

....“Though we at Fox News cannot confirm CNN’s report, it is our observation that its correspondents followed journalistic standards,” Smith said. “Neither they, nor any other journalists, should be subjected to belittling and delegitimizing by the president-elect of the United States.”

There is also a video of Shemp saying this in a video at the posters link if you bothered to read the full Yahoo piece.

Shemp is a newcaster, the video came from a news company.  You say all news is corrupt.

Why do you believe it?  It's corrupt and fake.

So, you must believe it to be edited, spun, dubbed, and CGIed into something other than the truth.

Which means that Shep didn't say that. 

At least, based on *YOUR* reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.  If we continue to expect it, we will continue to be disappointed.

Offline Frank Cannon

Shemp is a newcaster, the video came from a news company.  You say all news is corrupt.

Why do you believe it?  It's corrupt and fake.

So, you must believe it to be edited, spun, dubbed, and CGIed into something other than the truth.

Which means that Shep didn't say that. 

At least, based on *YOUR* reality.

Typical #Nevertrump dead ender you are, you are forced to defend a corrupt media because they are now your ally in your Quixotic fight against Donny. You look like a rudderless stooge.

BTW, a person making a declarative statement based on his own thoughts is not news. That person is telling us what he thinks. 

Offline beandog

Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim (Video)

Brian Flood

The Wrap January 11, 2017

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith defended CNN on Wednesday after Donald Trump accused the network of being “fake news” at a news conference for reporting on the existence of a Russian dossier of unverified allegations about the president-elect.

“President-elect Trump today told CNN’s Jim Acosta that his organization amounts to fake news. CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property,” Smith said, drawing a distinction between CNN’s reporting and that of BuzzFeed News, which released the entire contents of the Russian dossier.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-defends-rival-cnn-against-donald-trump-213951823.html

I did not join in on the other thread celebrating  Trump attacking the media again.  I did not enjoy Trump treating the reporter in that fashion.  I don’t  watch CNN and I don’t watch FOX any longer since it became  Trump media.  I am glad that they are defending CNN against Trumps tantrum though.  If CNN reported incorrectly fine.  It would come out but not allowing a question to define what it was that was fake is Nazi.  He has been doing this to the media all along.

It is my suspicion that the dossier came directly from Russia who knows what a loose cannon Trump is.  Be prepared for more because they have his number.  They know how to manipulate him and offend him.  Which in turn if you ask me portrays a weak man.
That's okay.  I enjoyed every single solitary minute of it and hope he continues to do the exact same thing.  If you and others want to side with the worthless, slimey, lying press that's your business.  I'm going with the Donald on this one.

Offline beandog

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.  If we continue to expect it, we will continue to be disappointed.
I suppose he could start acting "Presidential" like Obama or Chester the Molester.  Or he could act "Presidential" like both Bushes.  All of that has gotten us absolutely know where.  I'm personally hoping he doesn't act like any of them.

Offline beandog

Typical #Nevertrump dead ender you are, you are forced to defend a corrupt media because they are now your ally in your Quixotic fight against Donny. You look like a rudderless stooge.

BTW, a person making a declarative statement based on his own thoughts is not news. That person is telling us what he thinks.
:amen:

HonestJohn

Only if you believe that the press presented that accurately and without any editing.  Which you have, ad nauseum, loudly declared in many posts that you don't.

The fact you take this as truth shows that your previous claims are pure bull.  And likely to be just another case of declaring that you only believe in what you *LIKE* to hear.

That's why I'm posting this subthread.  To get you to understand just how hypocritical that is.

Offline skeeter

That's okay.  I enjoyed every single solitary minute of it and hope he continues to do the exact same thing.  If you and others want to side with the worthless, slimey, lying press that's your business.  I'm going with the Donald on this one.

I don't know why some here continue this knee-jerk kvetching about Trump. Sure, there are times when its appropriate, the man is an easy target.

But its clear there are some very good things that can result from his election. Things I've been hoping for for decades. One would be driving the corrupt leftwing media over the edge & further marginalizing their influence among the population.

I would've thought we could all at least agree on that.

Wingnut

Shemp is a newcaster,

I alwas thought he was a Stooge.

Offline Victoria33

@Chosen Daughter

I did not join in on the other thread celebrating  Trump attacking the media again.  I did not enjoy Trump treating the reporter in that fashion.  I don’t  watch CNN and I don’t watch FOX any longer since it became  Trump media.  I am glad that they are defending CNN against Trumps tantrum though.  If CNN reported incorrectly fine.  It would come out but not allowing a question to define what it was that was fake is Nazi.  He has been doing this to the media all along.  It is my suspicion that the dossier came directly from Russia who knows what a loose cannon Trump is.  Be prepared for more because they have his number.  They know how to manipulate him and offend him.  Which in turn if you ask me portrays a weak man.
@Chosen Daughter

You are correct.  I seldom watch Fox anymore, either.  I do watch CNN and saw exactly how they reported this information about what Russia had on Trump.  It was well done.  My significant other had Fox on when Shep Smith defended CNN and he was right in his reporting.

Some here habitually dump on CNN and think Trump is right to dump on the whole news media.  In other words, it's okay to have a tyrant as president as long as the tyrant is theirs.  Trump attacks the media and anyone else because he can't stand anyone who has a thought other than his.  He would put all the media in jail right now if he could and also all our intelligence people for the same reason.  Trump is despicable and the US will suffer dramatically while he is in office.  I expect him to likely be responsible for starting a nuclear war.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I suppose he could start acting "Presidential" like Obama or Chester the Molester.  Or he could act "Presidential" like both Bushes.  All of that has gotten us absolutely know where.  I'm personally hoping he doesn't act like any of them.

So, why did you pick those people?  And, why did you assume that I was knocking Trump for it?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:03:57 pm by Sanguine »

rangerrebew

Fox's Shepard Smith criticizes Trump for 'belittling' CNN
By Nikita Vladimirov - 01/11/17 04:59 PM EST
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
26.5KShare to Twitter
Share to Google+

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith on Wednesday criticized President-elect Donald Trump for his shouting match with a CNN reporter.

Trump refused to take a question from CNN's Jim Acosta during a Wednesday news conference, berating him and accusing his network of reporting "fake news." The confrontation came after CNN reported that intelligence officials briefed Trump about Russia having compromising information on him — a report Trump denied.

"President-elect Trump today told CNN's Jim Acosta the his organization amounts to fake news. CNN's exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property," Smith said during his closing monologue.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/313862-shepard-smith-no-journalist-should-be-subjected-to-belittling
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:30:51 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Smith has exposed himself as an elitist media hack.  Since when does the POTUS have to listen to some reporter who won't shut up or sit down?  Since when does the POTUS have to accept media without question?  He might check other media people to see what they had to say about the incident, like F. Chuck Todd and Joe Scarborough to name but two.  In fact, most of the headlines I have seen have also come down on CNN.  I was somewhat under the impression the shoe was on the other foot, media people were to show respect for the POTUS which neither the reporter or CNN did.  Smith ought to be canned so he can go share his elitism on CNN.

Offline skeeter

Smith has exposed himself as an elitist media hack.  Since when does the POTUS have to listen to some reporter who won't shut up or sit down?  Since when does the POTUS have to accept media without question?  He might check other media people to see what they had to say about the incident, like F. Chuck Todd and Joe Scarborough to name but two.  In fact, most of the headlines I have seen have also come down on CNN.  I was somewhat under the impression the shoe was on the other foot, media people were to show respect for the POTUS which neither the reporter or CNN did.  Smith ought to be canned so he can go share his elitism on CNN.

Leaving aside his shouting questions out of turn, since when does any president have to be polite to a reporter and network that has consistently actively worked to undermine he and his party, especially immediately following 8 long years of polite genuflection to the opposing party's president?