Author Topic: Mexican traders debate buying Twitter and shutting it down to silence Donald Trump  (Read 609 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There’s a strange idea circulating among Mexican currency traders. Well, more of a joke really. But there’s a certain logic to it.

It goes like this: Instead of spending its precious reserves of US dollars to prop up the peso, Mexico should just buy Twitter at a cost of about $12bn (£9.8bn) -- and immediately shut it down.

The notion made the rounds this week after the central bank revealed it had already blown through $2bn of reserves in a largely futile effort to prop up the peso which has been devalued by a steady stream of anti-Mexico Tweets from Donald Trump.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/donald-trump-mexican-peso-value-falls-tweets-mexico-to-buy-twitter-a7526536.html

Maybe a bit of satire, but I am glad to see he has the Mexicans on the run--heh heh heh
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Couldn't they use that money to fix Mexico?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Couldn't they use that money to fix Mexico?

I suggested to my friend-coworker that he should buy guns and go home and fix his country. A couple of billion spent on guns for the populace would scare the hell out of the corrupt polly's running the show down there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley