Author Topic: Study details how professors turn students into leftist activists  (Read 712 times)

rangerrebew

Study details how professors turn students into leftist activists
January 13, 2017
 0  27 Share0  0

Why are college students so adept at pushing progressive causes and protesting for them? It might stem from a movement in higher education that “redefines civics as progressive political activism.”

The National Association of Scholars digs into that movement in a new 523-page report on the state of civics education on college campuses. The study, Making Citizens: How American Universities Teach Civics, calls this movement “New Civics.”

The New Civics seeks above all to make students into enthusiastic supporters of the New Left’s dream of “fundamentally transforming” America. The transformation includes de-carbonizing the economy, massively redistributing wealth, intensifying identity group grievance, curtailing the free market, expanding government bureaucracy, elevating international “norms” over American Constitutional law, and disparaging our common history and ideals.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/bulletin-board/study-details-professors-turn-students-leftist-activists/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:16:09 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Re: Study details how professors turn students into leftist activists
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:19:31 pm »
Some things don't change.   Back in my day my Poli-Sci teacher gave a one grade bump to anyone who joined the Dem Party and campaigned for Dan Walker in 76.    I didn't want to do it but I was failing her course and she was kinda hot in  Dr Scholl Exercise sandals, a peasant dress and no bra.....

Hey.  What can I say...I had no shame. 

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:53:20 pm »
Some things don't change.   Back in my day my Poli-Sci teacher gave a one grade bump to anyone who joined the Dem Party and campaigned for Dan Walker in 76.    I didn't want to do it but I was failing her course and she was kinda hot in  Dr Scholl Exercise sandals, a peasant dress and no bra.....

Hey.  What can I say...I had no shame.

I was a freshman in college that year. Ivy League professors were not in any respect "hot", unless one gravitated toward copious displays of axillary hair and other such varieties of hygienic insouciance but... some of the coeds certainly were. For that reason alone I couldn't tell them I was going to vote for Gerry Ford, insofar as they were all presently swooning over Mr. Peanut. Accordingly I spent far more time asking them if they wanted to refresh their drinks than talking politics. It was either that or "Hey, do you dig Eric Clapton? Let's go upstairs to listen to some tunes and have a smoke." Worked more often than you'd think. Ahhh.... memories.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 12:06:48 am »
I was a freshman in college that year. Ivy League professors were not in any respect "hot", unless one gravitated toward copious displays of axillary hair and other such varieties of hygienic insouciance but... some of the coeds certainly were. For that reason alone I couldn't tell them I was going to vote for Gerry Ford, insofar as they were all presently swooning over Mr. Peanut. Accordingly I spent far more time asking them if they wanted to refresh their drinks than talking politics. It was either that or "Hey, do you dig Eric Clapton? Let's go upstairs to listen to some tunes and have a smoke." Worked more often than you'd think. Ahhh.... memories.

Funny you mentioned Carter.  (Even funnier about unshaven legs and pits trend back then)...... That was Profs next ploy.  Get on the Jimmah train.  I learned my lesson tho.  Took awhile but she played for the other team.