Author Topic: Paul Anka Scheduling Snafu Keeps 'My Way' Crooner From Performing at Trump Inaug  (Read 661 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Paul Anka Scheduling Snafu Keeps 'My Way' Crooner From Performing at Trump Inaug
Friday, January 13, 2017 11:18 AM

By: Karl Nelson

Paul Anka will not be performing "My Way" at President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration next week as previously reported but, unlike others who have turned down offers to appear, his motivations are not political.

“The president-elect is an old friend of mine for 50 years," Anka told TMZ Friday. "There was a dialogue to do it; ‘My Way’ was his favorite song. But the back story of it is I’ve been in a custody battle for two years for my son Ethan and we have a new schedule now and I’m unable to do it.”

“If I had done it, I would have hoped there’d been some understanding on the motivation for it . . . for the office and for our country," the songwriter continued.

Anka elected not to comment on his political views in relation to Trump’s when asked the question.

“You’re gonna have a better chance getting sunrise past a rooster on that one,” he told TMZ.

It was initially reported that Anka would be performing the famous tune and even rewriting the lyrics for the occasion.

“Paul has re-written those lyrics especially for Donald Trump, which he will perform during the inaugural dance for Donald and his lovely first lady, Melania,” said a source close to Anka, according to Hollywood Life.

“He won’t let the cat out of the bag or reveal the lyrics yet,” the source said, adding that it will be “huge,” per Mediaite.

“Paul was asked by the members of the Trump inauguration committee and he was only too happy to do it for his longtime friend,” the source said, per Radar Online.

“While everyone else was running scared from performing at the inauguration, Paul stood fast,” the source added. “He wasn’t about to be intimated by anyone!”

Anka, 75, is known for hits such as the theme song for the "Tonight Show," starring Johnny Carson, and “She’s a Lady,” which he wrote for Tom Jones, according to the Daily Mail.

He would have joined other inauguration performers like Jackie Evancho, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and the Radio City Rockettes.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/paul-anka-inauguration-my-way-donald-trump/2017/01/13/id/768411/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34