Author Topic: Rubio's choice: Buck Trump or back down on Tillerson?  (Read 4349 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Rubio's choice: Buck Trump or back down on Tillerson?
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 04:45:01 am »
His Coat of Arms ties in the back.

I should be honored this pillar of the community says this.

Better than picking on a woman like Right In Virginia, like Wingding has done in the past.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2017, 04:49:59 am »
   Rubio has a long history of showboating and then the classic fold, Unlike Sen. Cruz, Rubio will do as his paymaster, McConnell tells him to do.

Looks like Corbe is the one who brought up Cruz first in this thread, now directing vitriol at others for commenting.

Wingnut

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2017, 04:52:35 am »
I should be honored this pillar of the community says this.

Better than picking on a woman like Right In Virginia, like Wingding has done in the past.

Lighten up Francis.  try not to take yourself so cerealy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2017, 04:56:04 am »
Lighten up Francis.  try not to take yourself so cerealy.

Well he does seem to be feeling his oats.

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2017, 05:00:26 am »
Well he does seem to be feeling his oats.

Lets all ride the nag then!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2017, 05:32:38 am »
Lets all ride the nag then!

I think he is a step beyond riding......

Offline DB

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2017, 06:02:50 am »
Texas Monthly, lol. Is all you have is shooting the messenger?

So you are saying that Cruz never offered amnesty, forgiving lawbreaking, by offering legal residency to illegals? Okay, be happy believing that.

Actually, you shot yourself. You say moronic things and then claim to be the "messenger". The messenger of idiocy?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 07:01:15 am »
Good for Marco,

The Putin Commie lovers hate it. They just have to stand up for their God apparently, they loved talking Trump or anyone down, they dish it out but can't take it.

Bring it on; better than them taking it out on women or the President Elect.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 04:23:09 pm »
Good for Marco,

The Putin Commie lovers hate it. They just have to stand up for their God apparently, they loved talking Trump or anyone down, they dish it out but can't take it.

Bring it on; better than them taking it out on women or the President Elect.

Rejecting a SoS nominee because you don't like his policies/priorities is like kicking your dog because your wife is nagging you.  It's the President who really sets that agenda, so ultimately, Rubio's problem is with him.  And like it or not, Trump did win the election.

Anyway, I think the best (and funniest) thing Trump could do is say "Well, if they reject the guy I want to run the State Department, then I'll just forget about appointing a Secretary of State and run it myself."

Imagine the reaction to that, and the effect on the vote for Tillerson.

HonestJohn

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 05:25:03 pm »
Rejecting a SoS nominee because you don't like his policies/priorities is like kicking your dog because your wife is nagging you.  It's the President who really sets that agenda, so ultimately, Rubio's problem is with him.  And like it or not, Trump did win the election.

Anyway, I think the best (and funniest) thing Trump could do is say "Well, if they reject the guy I want to run the State Department, then I'll just forget about appointing a Secretary of State and run it myself."

Imagine the reaction to that, and the effect on the vote for Tillerson.

Well, considering the nominee received a medal of friendship from the Russian government, it could be that Tillerson's own personal loyalties may lean more toward a foreign government than his own.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »
Some of the people that Trump nominated to his cabinet are critical to our national security and our well being. The Senate has every right to hold hearings and to judge them and find them either acceptable or unacceptable.  Tillerson is one that I hope they vote on and determine he's not acceptable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2017, 08:02:03 pm »
Well, considering the nominee received a medal of friendship from the Russian government, it could be that Tillerson's own personal loyalties may lean more toward a foreign government than his own.

That does not appear to be the basis on which he is being challenged.  His rhetoric towards Putin was tougher than Trump's

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2017, 02:47:22 pm »
Looks like Rubio is still undecided on Tillerson ... I think he's going to side with the DEMS on this one.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/14/rubios-vote-key-for-trumps-pick-for-secretary-state.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.