Author Topic: Bammy Announces End to 'Wet Foot, Dry Foot' Policy for Cuban Refugees  (Read 1851 times)

Offline libertybele

???  Why is Bammy doing this now?  This has been an issue for quite awhile.

Obama announces end to 'wet foot, dry foot' policy for Cuban refugees

President Barack Obama announced Thursday that he was ending a longstanding immigration policy that allowed any Cuban who made it to U.S. soil to stay and become a legal resident.

In a statement, Obama said the so-called "wet foot, dry foot" policy was "designed for a different era" of U.S.-Cuba relations.

Under the new policy, which takes effect immediately, Cubans who attempt to enter the U.S. illegally without qualifying for humanitarian relief will be sent back to the island.

"By taking this step," Obama said, "we are treating Cuban migrants the same way we treat migrants from other countries."

Obama added that the Havana government had agreed to accept Cubans ordered to leave the U.S., a concession that was a focus of months of negotiations. A senior administration official told the Associated Press the Cubans gave no assurances about treatment of those sent back to the country, but said political asylum remains an option for those concerned about persecution if they return....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/12/obama-announces-end-to-wet-foot-dry-foot-policy-for-cuban-refugees.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Re: Bammy Announces End to 'Wet Foot, Dry Foot' Policy for Cuban Refugees
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:29:08 pm »
I haven't thought this through, but my first impression is Obama is seeking to negate the political effect of the anti-Castro anti communist faction in South Florida.

Its so out of character for him to want to deny any illegal immigrant immediate legal status.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:31:21 pm »
I haven't thought this through, but my first impression is Obama is seeking to negate the political effect of the anti-Castro anti communist faction in South Florida.

Its so out of character for him to want to deny any illegal immigrant immediate legal status.

Once again he's deferring to the oppressor and sacrificing the victims for the sake of appeasement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:24:46 am »
Being in a marriage with a dna mix that can be best described as "Cubrican's" ....I need to check with my relatives to see how I will stand on this issue.   :whistle:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:27:50 am »
Oh, so NOW he gets tough on immigration.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:40 am »
Oh, so NOW he gets tough on immigration.

Bammy states "we are treating Cuban migrants the same way we treat migrants from other countries." ... perhaps he's trying to make some sort of an example because Trumps wants to halt immigration from areas of known terrorists? 

There's a twist on this from Bammy, just still not sure what it is. Only angle I'm thinking of right now is he's snubbing or trying to prove a point to Rubio and Cruz or trying to get them to go against him which in turn would reverse their stances on immigration??  Both of  Rubio's parents are Cuban and Cruz's father is Cuban.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:17:54 am »
Bammy states "we are treating Cuban migrants the same way we treat migrants from other countries." ... perhaps he's trying to make some sort of an example because Trumps wants to halt immigration from areas of known terrorists? 

There's a twist on this from Bammy, just still not sure what it is. Only angle I'm thinking of right now is he's snubbing or trying to prove a point to Rubio and Cruz or trying to get them to go against him which in turn would reverse their stances on immigration??  Both of  Rubio's parents are Cuban and Cruz's father is Cuban.

IMHO it's just giving the Cuban regime something they want. Not they can imprison those that successfully escape the prison colony that is Cuba.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 02:31:26 am »
   It was a stupid policy when Clinton enacted it anyway, like everything he did-half a$$.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 07:48:20 am »
Even a broken clock is right occasionally.

I guess in this case too many of the fleeing Cubans have lighter skin tones than the Tan Klan favors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline CSM

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 02:31:26 pm »
Obama knows that when these folks get sent back to Cuba that they will be imprisoned as political dissidents and it is quite possible that they could be tortured or executed.  However, he doesn't care.  In fact, his mentor advocated the same actions here!

He is simply supporting heavy handed, dictatorial regimes and he knows it. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:24 pm »

Well, the Cuban expat community has been instrumental in countering the snowbird/haitian/other hispanic constituencies effectively swinging FLA to the GOP in several of the last few national elections. Since nearly everything the golfing maoist does is geared towards gaining a political advantage I think this is his most likely motive.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 03:13:01 pm »
I'd figure all the double-talking Commie lovers going after Rubio love Obama's decision.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:13:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 03:19:07 pm »
I'd figure all the double-talking Commie lovers going after Rubio love Obama's decision.

Your pharmacist called.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »
Well, the Cuban expat community has been instrumental in countering the snowbird/haitian/other hispanic constituencies effectively swinging FLA to the GOP in several of the last few national elections. Since nearly everything the golfing maoist does is geared towards gaining a political advantage I think this is his most likely motive.

The Miami/Dade area is predominately Cuban/Latino and they mostly vote GOP. I feel he may be doing this so that there is a backlash from the Cubans/Latinos once Trump starts deportations -- I think this is going to be blamed on Trump, not Bammy. Trump can overturn this decision and if he doesn't all this will be his fault.  Also, Bammy may see the Hispanic population as a threat to the black community - they are outnumbering them; they are the new majority, minorities.

Somehow I still think this was aimed in some way at Cruz who came in 2nd even with the birther issue.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:58:10 am by libertybele »

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 03:54:52 pm »

That's an interesting point.

Thank you for bringing it up.  I'm going to have to think about it.

And I love it when someone brings up a point that makes me think!

:laugh:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:55:47 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »
The Miami/Dade area is predominately Cuban/Haitian/Latino and they vote DEM. I feel he may be doing this so that there is a backlash from the Cubans/Latinos once Trump starts deportations -- I think this is going to be blamed on Trump, not Bammy. Trump can overturn this decision and if he doesn't all this will be his fault.  Also, Bammy may see the Hispanic population as a threat to the black community - they are outnumbering them; they are the new majority, minorities.

Somehow I still think this was aimed in some way at Cruz who came in 2nd even with the birther issue.

Older Cubans (40+) in Florida tend to vote overwhelmingly for Republican candidates.  While Miami's districts vote Democrat, this is very critical for electing Florida's Senators and for the Presidential election.  For those are decided by the vote totals for the entire state.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 04:08:29 pm »
Obama knows that when these folks get sent back to Cuba that they will be imprisoned as political dissidents and it is quite possible that they could be tortured or executed.  However, he doesn't care.  In fact, his mentor advocated the same actions here!

He is simply supporting heavy handed, dictatorial regimes and he knows it.

@CSM

I may be wrong,but I suspect the real reason behind this is two-fold. Most of the Cubans coming here are white,and most of them of any color vote Republican once they can register to vote.

No way in hell does Obomber or the DNC want to allow more whites or more Republican voters into the country. They are just hanging on by a thread as it is,and no way in hell are any recent escapees from a communist slave country going to EVER vote for more of the same here. They can fool a lot of Americans with their lies and nonsense,but they can't fool refugees from communism.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 11:15:51 pm »
@CSM

I may be wrong,but I suspect the real reason behind this is two-fold. Most of the Cubans coming here are white,and most of them of any color vote Republican once they can register to vote.

No way in hell does Obomber or the DNC want to allow more whites or more Republican voters into the country. They are just hanging on by a thread as it is,and no way in hell are any recent escapees from a communist slave country going to EVER vote for more of the same here. They can fool a lot of Americans with their lies and nonsense,but they can't fool refugees from communism.

What a simplistic and bigoted post.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 11:30:40 pm »
What a simplistic and bigoted post.

@txradioguy

Typical simpleton reply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 11:35:51 pm »
@txradioguy

Typical simpleton reply.

Well at least you don't deny the racist intention of your post.  Or the fact you're a bigot.

And you get the level of response your inane posts deserve.

This issue has nothign to do with skin color and EVERYTHING to do with the POTUS kowtowing to a brutal dictatorship.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 11:55:28 pm »
Well at least you don't deny the racist intention of your post.  Or the fact you're a bigot.

And you get the level of response your inane posts deserve.

This issue has nothign to do with skin color and EVERYTHING to do with the POTUS kowtowing to a brutal dictatorship.

@txradioguy

Blah,blah,blah. More mindless brain farts from a mindless Bush-Bot.

BTW,Cinderfella,WTH does skin color have to do with Prescott Sr and the Nazi's? Trying to shift the discussion and play the race card,are ya? Is that you,Jesse?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 03:00:58 am »
Correcting my previous post to Cubans in Miami-Dade voting GOP not DEM (good grief). 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 03:06:38 am by libertybele »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 03:32:08 am »
txradio wrote (of sneakypete's post):
"What a simplistic and bigoted post."

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Pete's post was very much of reality and reason.
He said, what is.

Oh, by the way, tx:
You can call me a bigot from here to Sunday, and it's not going to make a dent in what I believe or what I'll post. I trust sneakypete has similar sentiments.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 03:47:17 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 03:54:08 am »
txradio wrote (of sneakypete's post):
"What a simplistic and bigoted post."

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Pete's post was very much of reality and reason.
He said, what is.

Oh, by the way, tx:
You can call me a bigot from here to Sunday, and it's not going to make a dent in what I believe or what I'll post. I trust sneakypete has similar sentiments.

@Fishrrman

Well,naturally I am heartbroken,and sitting here trying to drink enough whiskey to take away the crushing pain of having the race card played on me,but somehow I think I will survive the horror of it all.