Author Topic: Bless her heart: Kamala Harris grills CIA pick Pompeo on ... the weather and LGBT  (Read 1484 times)

rangerrebew

Bless her heart: Kamala Harris grills CIA pick Pompeo on ... the weather and LGBT

By: Nate Madden | January 12, 2017
Mike Pompeo testifies before CIA confirmation hearing

REX/Shutterstock | AP Images

Font Size A A A

Print Images
Print

In her debut performance as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, the junior Democrat senator from California, Kamala Harris, apparently thought the most important things to ask Donald Trump’s pick for CIA director are on gay people and global warming.

No, this isn’t some quick punchline about the state of California; aside from one question about hypothetical Muslim discrimination, Barbara Boxer’s successor spent the entirety of her first round of questioning asking Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan. (C, 76%) how his views on marriage and climate change would affect his competency as director of the country’s lead intelligence agency.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/bless-her-heart-kamala-harris-grills-cia-pick-pompeo-on-the-weather-and-lgbt#sthash.dcTevuae.dpuf

Offline skeeter

Its good to see she's taking her new role so very seriously. Of course our new CIA chief should be on board with the climate change crusade.

Whatta friggen embarrassment.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Only fair - didn't Trump donate to her election and help get her elected?

Offline beandog

I find it hard to believe that the Donald donated money to this woman to get her elected to the Senate.  It would be odd that he donated to a Rat when he was running for President as a Republican.  Even the Donald wouldn't be that stupid.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I find it hard to believe that the Donald donated money to this woman to get her elected to the Senate.  It would be odd that he donated to a Rat when he was running for President as a Republican.  Even the Donald wouldn't be that stupid.

Sorry, but what I said is correct:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-gop-convention-here-are-those-contributions-donald-trump-made-to-1462048870-htmlstory.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Donny donated to her this year?

Offline skeeter

Sorry, but what I said is correct:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-gop-convention-here-are-those-contributions-donald-trump-made-to-1462048870-htmlstory.html

This kind of stuff makes me wince. And grope for some reassuring rationalization.

All we can do now is hope for the best.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

This year?  Probably not.

Offline beandog

Offline beandog

According to the link the last time his organization gave her money was $1,000 in 2013 in her reelection bid for some seat in CA. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No, he last donated to her in 2013, and Ivanka donated to her campaign in 2014.