Author Topic: Mattis Shuts Gillibrand Down On LGBT Military: I Don’t Care Who People ‘Go To Bed With’  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattis Shuts Gillibrand Down On LGBT Military: I Don’t Care Who People ‘Go To Bed With’ [VIDEO]

Posted By Katie Frates On 11:28 AM 01/12/2017

Secretary of Defense nominee James Mattis really doesn’t care who people sleep with, especially in the military.

He dismissed Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s question about LGBT members of the military during his Senate confirmation hearing Thursday, saying, “I’ve never cared.”

“Do you believe that allowing LGBT Americans to serve in the military or women in combat is undermining our lethality?” Gillibrand asked.

“Frankly, senator, I’ve never cared much about two consenting adults and who they go to bed with,” he replied.

Gillibrand pressed, “So the answer is no?”

“Senator, my concern is on the readiness of the force to fight and to make certain it’s at the top of its game,” Mattis said.

“For the record, I’d like, in writing whether you believe gender or –”

She tried to get Mattis to put it in writing that he is fine with LGBT in the military and women in combat, but was cut off and reprimanded by Sen. John McCain.

“The senator’s time has expired. Please adhere to the rules of the Senate,” McCain said.

“Thank you, mister chairman,” she replied.

video at link
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/12/mattis-shuts-gillibrand-down-on-lgbt-military-i-dont-care-who-people-go-to-bed-with-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Well, it seems at least McCain is not going to contest this appointment.  The more I read about Mattis, the more I like the guy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.