Author Topic: The Great Migration 2011-2016: Trafficking Routes to Europe  (Read 560 times)

rangerrebew

The Great Migration 2011-2016: Trafficking Routes to Europe
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:15:13 pm »
The Great Migration 2011-2016: Trafficking Routes to Europe
Posted on January 11, 2017 by Baron Bodissey   

Note: This post is a sticky feature, and will remain above newer posts for several days.

[Map of major migrant-trafficking routes into Europe 2011-2016]
Map of major migrant-trafficking routes into Europe 2011-2016 (Click to enlarge)

Ever since the height of the migration crisis in the fall of 2015, I’ve been looking for a comprehensive map that shows all the major routes for trafficking migrants into Europe. I never found one, so I was forced to make one myself.

The most important thing about all the information on this map is that it represents trafficking, that is, the illegal transport for pay of people from one country to another. Trafficking is usually carried out by an organized criminal network, and can be very expensive. Somewhere between two and ten million people have been trafficked into Europe since the “Arab Spring” began in 2011. We don’t know the average price per capita of a passage to Europe, but it is presumably in the thousands of dollars. If we low-ball it at $2,000 per head (it’s known to be much higher than that for migrants from Central Africa or South Asia), that would mean that the total spent to traffic migrants to Europe in the past six years has been somewhere between four and twenty billion dollars. Add to that the cost of the clothes, shoes, tents, equipment, and pocket money handed to each migrant, and you can see that the amount spent on getting all these people to Europe is HUGE.

http://gatesofvienna.net/2017/01/the-great-migration-2011-2016-trafficking-routes-to-europe/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:15:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: The Great Migration 2011-2016: Trafficking Routes to Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »

Way up North in Scandinavia, one sees the purple arrow;

There's some sort of law up there, per crossing from Russia into Norway, one has to do it in a vehicle, you can't do it on foot.

That's why they call it the "bicycle crossing".