Author Topic: Mattis views on women in combat takes center stage  (Read 501 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattis views on women in combat takes center stage
« on: January 12, 2017, 02:36:40 pm »
Mattis views on women in combat takes center stage
By Rebecca Kheel - 01/12/17 06:00 AM EST

Retired Gen. James Mattis’s stance on women in combat and LGBT troops will be thrust in the spotlight Thursday when he faces senators for his confirmation hearing to be the next secretary of Defense.

The man whom Mattis is in line to replace, Defense Secretary Ash Carter, opened all combat jobs to women with no exceptions in late 2015 over the objection of the Marine Corps. This summer, Carter also lifted the ban on transgender troops serving openly.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/313871-mattis-to-face-questions-over-women-in-combat-and-lgbt-troops-at-confirmation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Mattis views on women in combat takes center stage
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »
@mystery-ak

I hope he reverses women in direct combat.  Women are weaker than men plus a man's ingrained mind set is to protect a woman in trouble.  This puts all of them in jeopardy in a battle situation.

Women's muscles are put together different than men's.  Men's muscles/tendons are long and tougher.  Women's are softer.  Women also run slightly knock kneed due to their hip structure made to accommodate having children.  I was a runner in high school and college and set records in a Texas college that have not been broken and I know how my running was, and is, different than men's.

The sexes body structure is different and that is not going to change no matter how many laws were passed to put women in direct combat.  I hope Mattis changes this.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:08:43 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Mattis views on women in combat takes center stage
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:13:42 pm »
Ass carter needs to be thrown in prison.